Author Topic: Follow-up to AsRoc Question  (Read 2231 times)

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
Follow-up to AsRoc Question
« on: 17 February 2011, 08:07:26 »
It appears that this decision to retroactively delete the involvement of AsRoc in Operation: Prometheus extends a bit further than I thought. While scanning through "Handbook: Major Periphery States," a good section of the Amaris family's beginnings was omitted, specifically Terens Amaris and Heather Durant's relationship.

How much of the Rim Worlds Republic's history has been retconned? Is the Amaris line still tied to the Terran Hegemony? I realize this is sort of a "big" question, but it was definitely begged to be answered after the AsRoc ties to Prometheus were "deleted" after 20+ years of being canon.
« Last Edit: 17 February 2011, 08:18:54 by TigerShark »
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
Re: Follow-up to AsRoc Question
« Reply #1 on: 17 February 2011, 09:17:17 »
An omission is not the same as a retcon.

There is only so much word space in a printed sourcebook, so at times there isn't room to reprint all information from older sourcebooks. But as long as there isn't a specific mention to that particular tidbit of history having been changed, it hasn't been retconned.

With regards,
Øystein

Chris Hartford

• Freelance Writer
  • Corporal
Re: Follow-up to AsRoc Question
« Reply #2 on: 17 February 2011, 09:34:31 »
I'll second what Oystein says. In the Handbooks, certain historical periods have to be covered in broad strokes so some details are omitted but that doesn't mean they're invalidated, nor that they won't be referenced in future products.
Chris Hartford