Author Topic: Scenario 2776 - "The Chosen Few"  (Read 2602 times)

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
Scenario 2776 - "The Chosen Few"
« on: 24 June 2013, 18:10:39 »

Scenario 2776 - The Chosen Few

ST. ANDREWS TOWNSHIP
TERRAN SYSTEM - MARS

January 12, 2776

"........ATTENTION! RESIDENTS OF 312 MARKGRAVE STREET: YOUR BUILDING HAS BEEN TARGETED FOR DESTRUCTION! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RUN. ALL WHO FLEE WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT........................ATTENTION! RESIDENTS OF 402 MARKGRAVE STREET:.........."

SCENARIO
After a long and grueling drive across the barren, Martian plains, the Star League Defense Force finally breaks through the canopy of Republican artillery and reaches the outskirts of St. Andrews Township. Long known as a vital source of manufacturing for the Terran Hegemony, St. Andrews was the first to fall to Republican troops who cast envious eyes on the advanced technology within.

Seeking to cripple the Rim Worlders' grasp on Mars, SLDF commanders have made the small township a high priority for several reasons, though the most important being its people. As Kerensky's juggernaut approached, resistance units which survived underground began to surface, sabotaging Amaris' supply lines and attacking the Periphery occupiers. Unfortunately for these brave souls, the RRA proved a formidable opponent; six months had passed since the initial landings on Mars and little progress has been made until today. As a result, extermination squads were dispatched from the 99th Amaris Dragoons' infamous unit, "The Messengers," whose sole aim was to root out and destroy all who resist, and all who aid them.

While "The Messengers" hack, slash and burn their way through St. Andrews Township, forward elements of an SLDF Light Horse Regiment attempt to break through to save their flagging allies.

RULES
- The SLDF has their work cut out for them, attempting to save 8 out of the 10 "Citizen" groups placed in designated hexes across the map as well as destroying the AEAF's terror squads. The Rim Worlds player has the task of finding and killing 8 of the Citizen groups before the end of Turn 15, after which the SLDF reinforcements arrive. Time is against the Republicans.

VICTORY CONDITIONS
Star League Defense Force
- Partial victory for the if 3 or more "Citizens" survive at the end of Turn 15 .
- Total victory if all (85%) of the enemy forces are destroyed as well as the commander and 3 or more Citizens survive at the end of Turn 15.

Amaris Empire Armed Forces
- Partial victory if 8 out of 10 "Citizens" are destroyed before Turn 15.
- Partial victory if all (85%) of the enemy forces are destroyed as well as the commander. (No time limit)
- Total victory if both objectives are achieved.
- NOTE: Republican troops may withdraw to the NORTH EDGE after destroying 8/10 "Citizens" for a Partial victory. Only the 'Mechs need to escape to satisfy this condition.

DEPLOYMENT
- Attacker plays as the SLDF's 21st Light Horse Regiment while the Defender takes the role of the AEAF's detachment from the 99th Amaris Dragoons, "The Messengers."
- Attacker deploys ANY in the lobby, though their deployment edge is SOUTH. Defender deploys NORTH.
- Citizens are assigned to the ATTACKER. They are to be placed in hexes: 0706, 2206, 1210, 2713, 3214, 0315, 2621, 1623, 0725, 1428. These units MAY NOT BE MOVED unless the building collapses, but may attack any Rim Worlds unit.
- Defender loads his/her Heavy Platoons into the 2 APCs during deployment.

MAP
- 35x35 Reykjavik
- Gravity is set to 0.6 (Low Gravity)
« Last Edit: 24 June 2013, 18:12:14 by TigerShark »
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
Re: Scenario 2776 - "The Chosen Few"
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2013, 03:58:33 »
A nice scenairo. But a tad tough for the defender.
But not all jobs had to be fair. :)
How did it fair out?

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2013, 04:18:07 »
A nice scenairo. But a tad tough for the defender.
But not all jobs had to be fair. :)
How did it fair out?

It's a very balanced scenario. Both sides have a very good chance of winning.

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."

markhall

• Lieutenant
  • "The Button's Stuck!"
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2013, 05:13:31 »
But its always tougher keeping things alive than it is killing them in Btech is what I meant by tough.

Have you played out the scenario would love to see how the fight went.

TigerShark

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2013, 09:22:25 »
But its always tougher keeping things alive than it is killing them in Btech is what I meant by tough.

Have you played out the scenario would love to see how the fight went.

http://theshack.freeforums.org/scenario-2776-the-chosen-few-t1095.html?hilit=2776

Register