Author Topic: (Answered) Basic Fire Control on small support vehicles  (Read 1577 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Fire control, TM, pg. 217.

A 2,500 kg small support vehicle has mounted a pair of concealed Machine Gun (Portable) [Conventional Infantry weapons, pg. 351.] front and back.
Each weapon is 11.5 kg, so the total is 46 kg, so 5% is 2.3 kg rounded up to 3 kg.  (Not counting the 5% to conceal the guns.) 

Each MG comes with a single clip, and each pair of guns is given another 3 kg of ammo.

BUT - Basic fire control reduces the Gunners required for each Medium-class weapon to one.  I have two groups.  Can I get away with 1 Driver and 1 Gunner, since the Gunner is firing fixed weapons without any control other than a trigger and only operating one pair of guns at a time?

Or will I need to pay for 4 weapons, 6 kg additional ammo, Basic Fire Control (5%), Concealed weapon (5%), and 4 Gunner seats?  (46+6+3+4 [23kg*5%=1.15 kg, rounded up to 2 kg for front-mounted and 2 kg for rear-mounted guns]+300 kg = 359 kg.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2023, 01:21:58 by Xotl »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Basic Fire Control on small support vehicles
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2023, 01:21:43 »
Looking at TM p. 131, for small support vee's using basic fire control it states the minimum gunners per facing is 1, not including the driver.  So it would need 1 driver, and 2 gunners - one for the forward guns and one for the rear.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Re: (Answered) Basic Fire Control on small support vehicles
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2023, 02:29:11 »
Ah!  Per facing, thanks Xotl.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder