Author Topic: WWE2020 pt 1: "Broken Point" - 06/17/2023 in Glendale, AZ  (Read 1028 times)

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
Hyner, Pesht District
Draconis Combine
7 November 3051

Hyner was a cool, unimportant backwater planet notable only for its proximity to Pesht. Few things of note ever happened on Hyner and few people expected that to ever change.
But change it did in November 3051. Clan Smoke Jaguar came to the planet, ready to add it to their growing collection of Combine worlds. Loremaster Edmund Hoyt, desiring to make up lost time, sought to make this the first world the Jaguars captured in Wave Five. His First Striker Cluster, also new to the Inner Sphere, shared his urgency and so in November 3051 Hyner found itself under assault.
The moment the Jaguars descended through Hyner’s cold skies they were beset by the Second Arkab Legion. Though outgunned the Azami warriors intended to show the Jaguars that the Jaguar way was not the only warrior path. As the Jaguars emerged from their DropShips near Trent’s Glen, the Second Arkab Legion, using their hit-and-run style of fighting, emerged to whittle them down.

We're finally getting around to playing the Worldwide Event for 2020. I didn't want to run it online, and then I wanted to actually have things painted for the correct factions. Painting is now complete, so here we go.
What's a "Worldwide Event," you ask? Every year (until the last few) the Catalyst Demo Team puts together a pack of linked scenarios; the team then runs the scenarios around the world over the space of a month, and results are tabulated. The Demo Agent provides everything -- minis, maps, and record sheets. The pandemic put paid to the event for 2020, so we're running it now before the next one is released.

Location: Imperial Outpost, 4920 W Thunderbird Rd, Ste 121, Glendale, AZ, United States, 85306
Time: 2pm-6pm (or so)
Rules: Alpha Strike