Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 166058 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #1380 on: 29 November 2019, 21:15:05 »
I've haven't at a lot time to play games.  However, i recently bought a clever old school style space game called Space RPG 3 for droid.  I realize not many people pay for games, but it space trading game and roleplaying involved where you do have action.  I found most of the time most Droid games are ad filled games that may not live to the flash of the play store shows.  This one, is nice.  It appeals to me, given i paid 1.49 for the thing, with ZERO ADs. Its nice change of pace.

In the game, you start out in tiny space craft.  You do missions if you want, you can pick up cargo in your starter ship if you want, if your suicidal, you will try fight people.

If your destroyed, you go to the last world you stop without penalty, which is nice stress reliever as starting player.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #1381 on: 30 November 2019, 01:48:34 »
finally decided to open up my 3DS and fix the buttons so i'm trying to finish off Bravely Default.....not gonna lie, i'm utterly lost and managed to get myself much further into the game than i'm leveled for like i do before my handheld got jank.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #1382 on: 30 November 2019, 11:49:39 »
Planetfall. Kinda reminds me of a mix of starcraft and civilization.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1383 on: 04 December 2019, 17:29:15 »
Played old school Age of Empires III last night.

Awesome and hard with five players, not to mention all eight at once!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1384 on: 04 December 2019, 20:25:31 »
Sd Gundam G Generation Cross Rays.   I should have paid closer attention to the included series, but as a gateway for those who've only seen what has been released domestically, it makes sense.

I'm too used to playing the G Gen series on a handheld, so it is odd playing on my laptop.  There are some new mechanics to me they added that i do like as well.

These are the included series.

After Colony (A.C.)
New Mobile Report Gundam W   
New Mobile Report Gundam W Dual Story G-UNIT
New Mobile Report Gundam W Endless Waltz
Glory of the Losers   
New Mobile Report Gundam W
BATTLEFIELD OF PACIFIST
New Mobile Report Gundam W Endless Waltz

Cosmic Era (C.E.)
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED MSV
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ASTRAY   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED X ASTRAY
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ASTRAY R   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ASTRAY B
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY-MSV
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY ASTRAY   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E.73 STARGAZER
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E.73 ΔASTRAY   
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED FRAME ASTRAYS
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS ASTRAY
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY ASTRAY R   Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY ASTRAY B

Anno Domini (A.D.)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00   
Mobile Suit Gundam 00P
Mobile Suit Gundam 00F   
Mobile Suit Gundam 00I
Mobile Suit Gundam 00V   
Mobile Suit Gundam 00V: Battlefield Record
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie
-A wakening of the Trailblazer-   Mobile Suit Gundam 00I 2314

Post Disaster (P.D.)
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans   
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans Gekko

Others
SD Gundam GX   
G GENERATION Series

mooonmagic

• Corporal
    • games i have made
« Reply #1385 on: 05 December 2019, 09:28:16 »
That's a lot of Mobile Suit Gundam!!

I've been playing a lot of Bloodborne again, after FINALLY beating Rom. Also, Donut County gets played a lot in my house because my three year old is a little obsessed with it.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1386 on: 05 December 2019, 10:47:04 »
Looking over the official site for the game, it looks like an alternate universe version of G Gen.  The announced DLC includes X, Turn A, AGE, Reconguista, and Seed ASTRAY: Princess in the sky.

The rosters for the game are huge, to begin with, and it's actually really fun in the original games to start off with the proto Zaku/GM (Zani) in 0079 and slowly upgrade your unit up the tech tree, to match and even surpass the series units you fight against as you play through scenarios from a given series. 

Cross Rays so far doesn't have that feel as most of the series, that I'm aware of, already have the tech in place, so you don't have the progression tree of fighting tanks and Zakus/GMs to start and get thrown against already proven designs. 

Yes, you do have the titular heroes from the respective series to help, but playing as a semi purist, it's very difficult to shake off the missing RPG progression feel, especially if you wanted to have a completely custom created crew to start the game with.

Game allows for creating customized characters, and they use the Japanese horoscope (D.O.B. , blood type) to determine starting stats and starting ability, which is kinda fun, especially if you wanted to see what you would be like as a mobile suit or warship pilot/officer. 

You start the game with a basic ship with a single hanger capable of holding 5 suits at a time, and enough characters to fully crew the ship, and field 2 teams of 4 characters.  One based on the ship, and the other as a Raid group,  not tied to the ship but acts independently outside.

The ship can be upgraded to hold 2 teams of 5, and the raid team can be maximized at 8.

It's been fun so far, just tempered by the fact that I'm more of a UC buff than the alternate universes. 

I also ordered G Gen Genesis for my Vita and Super Robot Wars V in the meantime. 

Rorke

• Captain
  • Absolute Shower
« Reply #1387 on: 07 December 2019, 07:45:25 »
Well the HBS Battletech again.  At that annoying stage just past Panzyr, with a
mere Dragon to my name for heavies.  I want to get my hands on Riflemen,
Marauders and Warhammers.  Seen the odd one here and there, but salvage
has been less than kind.

That and my two long term obsessions, Destiny 2 and GTA Online.  I'd not
been able to play Destiny 2 for a long time, failing graphics card and an old
messy Windows prevented it.  New card and a refreshed install, looks and
plays beautifully.
"you come at the king you best not miss" Omar Little

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1388 on: 15 December 2019, 21:28:08 »
Started playing Gigantic Army on steam.
Side scroller, pretty nice for 6 buck game.

I haven't played something like this in bit.

"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #1389 on: 17 December 2019, 15:10:35 »
Started playing Gigantic Army on steam.
Side scroller, pretty nice for 6 buck game.

I haven't played something like this in bit.

I did play a similar game 2 years ago called Assault Gunner HD Edition.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #1390 on: 17 December 2019, 20:06:16 »
I was looking through Steam for a new game and I saw Total War: Rome 2

Did they ever fix all the buggy issues that game had at launch?
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #1391 on: 21 December 2019, 12:36:58 »
Currently playing Blackguards, it's ok but nothing special. Also tok a bit of break today to do another DRL challenge and finished Angel of Darkness. Plasmatic Shrapnel combat shotgun FTW.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1392 on: 21 December 2019, 13:25:40 »
I was looking through Steam for a new game and I saw Total War: Rome 2

Did they ever fix all the buggy issues that game had at launch?

Slighly; more playable now if that answers your question

I am going between Trails of Cold Steel 3 and Valkyrie Chronicles 4; I am weary of finishing Cold Steel 3 till I know for sure that 4 will be localized next year by NIS America
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1393 on: 21 December 2019, 13:47:56 »
Got a few cheap old arcade games on sale on PSN, GOG, and Steam right now.

Still as cheap and difficult as I remember.  But sometimes it's just fun blasting enemies like that.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1394 on: 21 December 2019, 19:30:00 »
Got a few cheap old arcade games on sale on PSN, GOG, and Steam right now.
Names plz.

One of my favourites is Tyrian 2000. I played it through repeatedly some 20 years ago. Is free on GOG.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1395 on: 22 December 2019, 02:12:51 »
Mostly a few SNK titles- some of the Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown games.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1396 on: 22 December 2019, 10:25:43 »
Mostly a few SNK titles- some of the Metal Slug and Samurai Shodown games.
I have got some SNK Arcade collection from Humble Bundle. I got the games in that to work within Retro Arcade: Neon. I wish I could get games in Midway Arcade Treasures collection to work in it... :-\

[edit]
I checked it. Exact title (in Humble Bundle) is: NeoGeo Classic Complete Collection
« Last Edit: 22 December 2019, 10:38:32 by Matti »
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

mooonmagic

• Corporal
    • games i have made
« Reply #1397 on: 22 December 2019, 16:27:17 »
Names plz.

One of my favourites is Tyrian 2000. I played it through repeatedly some 20 years ago. Is free on GOG.

Tyrian is the best. Played that a lot along with Raptor: Call of the Shadows back in the day (and like, every Apogee game).

I'm deep in a Monster Hunter hole rn. Scrambling through the story to try and get to the new Safi'Jiiva siege before everyone is totally done with it. I've got three monsters to go!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1398 on: 23 December 2019, 15:35:09 »
JAST USA has a sale going on. Site offers mostly Japanese visual novels and some RPGs. I just bought Shiny Days which is sequel to School Days.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1399 on: 23 December 2019, 15:49:07 »
Don't they mainly sell adult stuff?

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #1400 on: 23 December 2019, 16:06:16 »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1401 on: 23 December 2019, 16:31:48 »
Humble messed up my download of the current Battletech game.  I had to use uTorrent twice get it to download a usable file to install.  The people with their help desk deflected it was Paradox Labs' issue.  xp

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1402 on: 24 December 2019, 00:22:32 »
I'm going to be busy for a while.  Asia release so its in English too.

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #1403 on: 22 January 2020, 01:08:07 »
All Half-Life games are free to play until their new VR game comes out.
Shoot first, laugh later.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1404 on: 22 January 2020, 07:12:05 »
Humblebundle has Europa Univesalis IV with a few of the expansions for $1. You can pay in more for all of the addons

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #1405 on: 22 January 2020, 15:55:53 »
ok old school time or way back machine
went to a birthday party for one of my friends about a week ago in hawthorne nj at billis midway arcade and found few oldies all the way to early 70 and 80s
first off i had not touched computer space in decades! loved it as much as i loved it then as far as i know he has the only arcade in working order in tri state area
q bert burger time tapper midnight racer pong original cabinet star wars zoo keeper mr do and mr castle original hybrid of pinbal/arcade of pac man junior and few old school pinballs.

had a blast and forgot how much fun it was just to go to the old time arcades...one thing i do not miss smokers! but i did have a blast and was doing something i had not done in ages had a good time
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Dubble_g

• Lieutenant
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #1406 on: 22 January 2020, 20:33:51 »
The SO wanted a Switch for the exercise games, so we finally got one. I bought Breath of the Wild for myself, since I'd heard so much about it and, dang. Beautiful artwork. Visually stunning, just stunning. Only downside is I have too much fun just walking around, I get annoyed when NPCs try to make me actually fight the ancient evil. Yes, yes, calamity, but have you SEEN this view?
Author, "Inverted" (Shrapnel #4), "Undefeated" (#10), "Reversal of Fortunes" (#13) and "The Alexandria Job" (#15)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1407 on: 22 January 2020, 21:05:43 »
Oh man. This is going to eat up so much of your game time. I'm doing a second playthrough after getting my old cartridge and switch stolen (before cloud saves). Almost done upgrading armor and about 35 shrines to go. Love this game.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Dubble_g

• Lieutenant
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #1408 on: 22 January 2020, 21:31:26 »
Oh man. This is going to eat up so much of your game time. I'm doing a second playthrough after getting my old cartridge and switch stolen (before cloud saves). Almost done upgrading armor and about 35 shrines to go. Love this game.

Yes, it's been great so far. It's actually surprisingly easy to put down, because I'm always feeling like I accomplished something. More or less constant stream of smugness here.

If I had a quibble, it's that combat seems tricky to get the hang of (I can flurry rush about once in every five attempts) but that's made up for by giving you so many different ways of approaching encounters. The puzzles in each shrine really hit the sweet spot in terms of being intuitive but you still feel like a damn genius when you figure out the solution.

It's all the little details, too. Like the LEAF being a badass weapon. Or knocking down a tree to make an impromptu bridge across a canyon. Or I finally made a horsie friend, then another one. OldFriend had one less go-faster icon than NewFriend, so I told OF to GTFO and now NewFriend and I go galloping across the green sward. Friendship is magic, if your stats are high enough.
Author, "Inverted" (Shrapnel #4), "Undefeated" (#10), "Reversal of Fortunes" (#13) and "The Alexandria Job" (#15)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1409 on: 22 January 2020, 21:32:42 »
Wait until you figure out aerial acrobatic sniping

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?