Author Topic: Clans against the Bot  (Read 1669 times)

2ndAcr

• Captain
Clans against the Bot
« on: 26 July 2015, 12:38:46 »
 Moved into the Clan era in a campaign and my little merc company regularly faces off with a entire clan trinary every battle with only a Lance selected. Not sure what is happening but against everyone else, pirates, other houses etc, the fights are never that bad. I mean even a Clan star is equal to almost my entire company in BV. But facing a Trinary is hopeless.

Not a huge biggie, I can always delete units before entering the battle is just a hassle really. Just feels like cheating as I can easily delete the most dangerous enemies if I so choose for all the easier salvage.

Khylon

• Private
Re: Clans against the Bot
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2015, 14:18:29 »
Make sure your lances are within the weight class you intend them to be. Don't forget its your campaign, if you think its too unfair you can always GM mode to make it more reasonable. It is the clans though... so its also not meant to be a walk in the park. Typically I bring the number of units to a similar number to more emulate a "trial" feel. I still end up with significantly lower BV for my force though.

coldaine

• Recruit
Re: Clans against the Bot
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2015, 14:59:46 »
/\ What he said.

I mostly view the AtB client as a great way to do all the  rolls that would bog me down in a regular game. Retirement/Defection, or rolling for the battle type/map size/map conditions. Once a battle is generated I alter the OPFor to be a reasonable opponent for my lance. I used to just eyeball it, but I did it so many times I ended up just working a couple of tables modified from the regular AtB rules.

I don't think anyone really plays AtB vanilla, it's a great starting point to build whatever way you like to play on.