Author Topic: Clan Fire Mandrill: Monkey Talk  (Read 95192 times)

Kallor

• Corporal
Re: Clan Fire Mandrill: Monkey Talk
« Reply #120 on: 26 July 2019, 15:52:08 »
IMHO, the Nightlord would have been too large. The Kindraa were about the size of one Galaxy, and each kindraa was spread out to cover their territory. If there were a smaller ship that carried only a cluster's worth of troops that would have been great for them.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #121 on: 26 July 2019, 18:40:11 »
IMHO, the Nightlord would have been too large. The Kindraa were about the size of one Galaxy, and each kindraa was spread out to cover their territory. If there were a smaller ship that carried only a cluster's worth of troops that would have been great for them.

I am at a loss as to what ship that would be.... I am building a mick kreese kindraa which is very aero focused. They control a Potemkin and a Lola iii I believe besides a nightlord what could lug around a boat load of fighters, marines and ground pounders? This kindraa specializes in naval war

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #122 on: 26 July 2019, 19:45:36 »
York supports 50 fighters, with two hard points. So mounting one Overlord and Sassanid a would be a great way to move an advance cluster of a Kindraa.

The other option is to "find" and upgrade an old Robinson. Though I have the feeling that non made it with the exodus fleet. Too bad, they have some real potential.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #123 on: 26 July 2019, 22:26:54 »
York supports 50 fighters, with two hard points. So mounting one Overlord and Sassanid a would be a great way to move an advance cluster of a Kindraa.

The other option is to "find" and upgrade an old Robinson. Though I have the feeling that non made it with the exodus fleet. Too bad, they have some real potential.

I love me a York! And I had never really thought of the Robinson before. that is a very cool suggestion do the clans have anything that functions in that way?

Kallor

• Corporal
« Reply #124 on: 26 July 2019, 22:39:42 »
Not to my knowledge, maybe the warship thread it has a list of all known warships.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #125 on: 11 August 2019, 08:39:51 »

Could some one remind me what the relations were between the crusader kindraa and the snow ravens?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #126 on: 15 August 2019, 21:09:25 »
Re read the crusader FM manual and while it teases a feud between the two aero focused kindraa ( mick kreese for the crusaders and beyl grant for the wardens) nothing major came off it in cannon.

However if one kindraa trailed for a warship from the other could you also add stipulations like “ no attempts to reclaim it for 15 years” ?

How could you stop something like that from spiraling into an endless series to of take backs?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #127 on: 15 August 2019, 22:59:05 »
If there were a smaller ship that carried only a cluster's worth of troops that would have been great for them.

Fredasa and a old SLDFiE Lee Dropper in Kindraa Matila-Carrol colors!

2) There's no information on which Kindraas did and didn't use ProtoMechs. I thinkl it's fiar to say that they all did however

Mattila-Carrol did " By 3069 the Kindraa had added almost two clusters worth of ProtoMechs to their forces and in a deal with Clan Coyote added several new warriors straight from the Coyote Sibkos."

~ Sarna.net

Only reason I'm posting this is I have in my mind sight, at very least a Star's worth of Fire Mandrill survivors, inhabitants of ex-Blood Spirits Zeta Galaxy, on Tokasha! Current home of Clan Stone Lions... far fetched and  pipe dream, quiaff?

Also 20 Aerofighters leading in Command, 10 Mechs in a Binary, 20 Assault class Vehicles in a Binary and a full Star of 25 Protomechs would be what makes this Kindraa work, circa 3067 or so..

TT
« Last Edit: 15 August 2019, 23:04:07 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #128 on: 20 August 2019, 16:33:43 »

I dig the robinson but what about the comitus clan jump ship? Would that fit the bill?

Fire Mandrill

• Recruit
« Reply #129 on: 26 August 2019, 21:37:03 »
I dig the robinson but what about the comitus clan jump ship? Would that fit the bill?

Go ahead and add it. There's not much info on the Fire Mandrills for some reason, but you won't find a clan with the kind of variety and RP'ing potential that the Mandrills have. Compared to the vanilla popular clans building and fleshing out the different Kindraa is probably the most fun I've had in BT since they're so different. Seems most clans have a paper stamp approach to their stars and galaxies. Nowadays the IS clans, (if you even can call them clans), are basically IS with some clan Mechs. Its attack of the clones in BT! Boring!

But you won't really find that with the Mandrills. When you read the entries for the Kindraa notice the particular flavor each one has. How different each Kindraa's assets are in Mech, Elemental, and Aerospace forces. Once a Mandrill, always a Mandrill. We shall return because nobody can outfight us or deal with us haha. So add that jump ship and keep doing your thing.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #130 on: 27 August 2019, 11:07:34 »

I have been so intrigued by the robinson since you mentioned it! Also it apparently strongly influenced this ships design: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Kyushu

Which the clans would have seen in action.

Do the clans already have a ship similar to these? Seems ideal for the mandrills

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #131 on: 29 August 2019, 15:19:19 »
Nightlord: same but bigger.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #132 on: 30 August 2019, 09:16:11 »
Nightlord: same but bigger.

That was my first thought as it could act as a mobile base for the entire kindraa and I feel it also jived with the non stop one up manship that I feel the kindraa would have. But would they buy, borrow or steal it?....

AlphaMirage

• Major
« Reply #133 on: 30 August 2019, 10:23:46 »
Steal it.  No declare a Trial of Possession for it I'd be aiming for the Dark Asp, no one likes the Vipers.  The Scorpions Atropos would be my second choice

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #134 on: 30 August 2019, 11:08:40 »
Steal it.  No declare a Trial of Possession for it I'd be aiming for the Dark Asp, no one likes the Vipers.  The Scorpions Atropos would be my second choice

Everyone did hate the vipers  to a greater or lesser extent! But specifically what if any beef did the vipers have with the various kindraa?

GhostMarauder

• Recruit
« Reply #135 on: 01 September 2019, 13:12:25 »
He There a Fire Mandril Enthousiasast here well more for Blood spirits and Goliath Scorpion Thanks to Master Aminas ..

But anyway if you like the Fire Mandril you should take a a look at the link i will provide here ..

Its from Dragon Cat how the Fire Mandrills Chose to leave the clan Homeworlds and Invade Conquor The Rim Collection near the Inner sphere ..

Its from Dragon cats timeline with thanks ..

Here you go

https://www.ourbattletech.com/forum/index.php?topic=2695.0

Its a fun read and spices up the Pherephy around the inner sphere ...

also take a look at the thread of the blood legion in the Pherephy section of this forum

Here::

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=63655.0

Its about the Blood Spirits going native in the inner sphere taking over the Marian Hegemony in one post and discussed in other posts and expanded upon

Glad to be back
« Last Edit: 01 September 2019, 14:43:00 by GhostMarauder »

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #136 on: 04 September 2019, 14:56:12 »
One of my favorite aspects of the warship part of battletech is the names of the warships. As I am looking to expand my mick kreese fleet I am
Seeking suggestions for warship names. Canon mandrill ships tend towards flame or anger related ones such as: rancor and fireeater

Here are some off the top of my head:

Silverback

Primal instinct

King Louie

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #137 on: 05 September 2019, 13:04:54 »
One of my favorite aspects of the warship part of battletech is the names of the warships. As I am looking to expand my mick kreese fleet I am
Seeking suggestions for warship names. Canon mandrill ships tend towards flame or anger related ones such as: rancor and fireeater

Here are some off the top of my head:

Silverback

Primal instinct

King Louie

Additional names:

Heart of darkness

Horde

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #138 on: 06 November 2019, 16:05:01 »
Due to their aero bias and fairly weak ground game I would think kindraa mick kreese would have been all about the protomech.

Which protos would be good to support a strong air wing?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #139 on: 11 November 2019, 23:50:26 »
Much like the Ravens and the Sharks make me wish I hadn't loaned out the Warden Clans FM years ago, the Fire Mandrills are one of the main forces that make me wish I hadn't loaned out the Crusader Clans book (to the same person).  I kinda think of them as the Battletech equivalent to the Warhammer 40K Orks.  And I say that as a fan of the greeniez.

I scorned the mandrills for years but they are so darn versatile and wacky I love them now. I am building up a mick kreese Force

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #140 on: 12 November 2019, 08:52:50 »
Keeping the Mandril flame alive, I see.  Too bad they couldn't keep their shit together, it would have been fun to have them in Revival. 
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #141 on: 12 November 2019, 09:56:18 »
Keeping the Mandril flame alive, I see.  Too bad they couldn't keep their shit together, it would have been fun to have them in Revival.

I know.., their death seemed inevitable unless a major kindraa held itself apart from
The constant internal battling!

Mandrill lore tends to follow this pattern:

“And due to their internal battles the mandrills enter the next battle weakened and then lost. However they gave a good account of themselves”

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #142 on: 12 November 2019, 10:11:48 »
Even when there was finally named a Mandril IlKhan for five minutes, it served to weaken them in the end as their strongest kindraa was destroyed.

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #143 on: 05 December 2019, 11:04:02 »
I was curious about the various kindraa capitals would look like? With their endless feuding and one up manship I wonder if each kindraa would be striving to have the biggest skyscrapers, the gaudiest statues to their founders etc?

Also would each kindraa fight to be included in the official mandrill remembrance? I gave to think many trials would have been started over a perceived slight to their kindraa in a write up

I gotta think that each major mandrill remembrance entry would also have a “ dissenting opinion”from a rival
« Last Edit: 14 January 2020, 13:33:53 by Sjhernan3060 »

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #144 on: 21 December 2019, 13:47:32 »

How shallow or deep was the mandrill recruitment pool? Each kindraa was self contained and I have to think day to day mandrill life had a high mortality rate...

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #145 on: 23 December 2019, 15:28:26 »
Don't know.  The Mandrils only had just enough about them in various write-ups to make people more curious about how they got on day-to-day.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #146 on: 18 January 2020, 15:35:22 »
Kindra Sainze has a bit more badass value than the others. Some slight Kuritan stylings for those that like that too.

Lol I am about to go full mandrill here but as a devotee of kindraa mick kreese I found the sainzes to be Snobby knuckleheads who squandered their power

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #147 on: 03 February 2020, 16:40:04 »
Don't know.  The Mandrils only had just enough about them in various write-ups to make people more curious about how they got on day-to-day.

Right? For example I am curious what was the largest multi kindraa operation that DID NOT end in internal fighting afterwards

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #148 on: 03 February 2020, 16:46:59 »
Their Founding Day?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #149 on: 26 February 2020, 20:47:30 »
Due to their aero bias and fairly weak ground game I would think kindraa mick kreese would have been all about the protomech.

Which protos would be good to support a strong air wing?

Bumping this up: I am finally painting again! I want to divide the 1st gen protos I have and give them mainly to the my kindraa mick kreese to bulk out my ground force. So amongst the first gen protos what would have been a good match for a strong aero power?

Register