Author Topic: ’Mech of the Week: Ryoken II (Repost and Update)  (Read 11915 times)

Diablo48

• Major
Re: ’Mech of the Week: Ryoken II (Repost and Update)
« Reply #30 on: 06 November 2013, 21:20:24 »
It's a support weapons platform. Put it on a tank. Like oh, I don't know.... a Partisan?

Basically this:

The cost of it being on a mech is the trade off over armor in tactical mobility, strategic mobility (HALO/Orbital Drop), durability and height/range over the armor.  Besides, you are not going to get that Partisan up to 5/8 afaik.

Although it would have been better with Jump Jets.  Hm...that would be a mean mod.  Replace the LRMs with a single ERLL and five Jump Jets to make it even more all-terrain and open up some really nice positioning options for your stupid long range support guns.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #31 on: 04 October 2014, 13:43:24 »

I'm little dissappointed that MWDA Record Book 1's entry for Tassa's 'Mech didn't get into Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridge The Cutting Edge section.  Hopefully it will pop up somewhere as a update canon variant.  Its too bad that we didn't get another variant via the RS:3145's New Tech, New Upgrades, i dare say it could used a new wringle in its family tree.

Yeah, it's a little tough to find the sheet.  :-\

Are the ERPPC's on the arms like the Warhammer, Marauder etc, or are all the weapons in the torso like the other Ryoken II variants?
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #32 on: 04 October 2014, 13:44:55 »
Didn't she have a dossier?  I know the variant was in MM at one point.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #33 on: 04 October 2014, 14:54:22 »
Didn't she have a dossier?  I know the variant was in MM at one point.

Tassa's Ryoken II was never made as a figure (only a Swordsworn and Highlander version were made of that giant chunk of plastic), so she had no dossier. The sheet in the RS:MWDA book is based (near as I can tell) on the descriptions given in the novels-and is, if we're honest, a pretty good machine, if a little boring. By the time we got a pilot card for Kerensky (after the AoD rules change) she had moved on to her Savage Wolf.

(All weapons, as I recall, are torso-mounted still, as with the original model.)
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #34 on: 04 October 2014, 16:17:52 »
Mangonel. Then we got the Savage Wolf later.

Register