Author Topic: BattleTech Operation Götterdämmerung, WarBoard Games, Bromley, UK  (Read 884 times)

strategoslevel3

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
After 300 years the Inner Sphere is still at war!

On 20 August 3028, six months after her eighteenth birthday, Hanse Davion married Melissa Steiner. The leader of every Successor State was there, including their aides, heirs, and other VIPs. At the wedding reception, Hanse Davion uttered one of the most quoted lines in Inner Sphere history, "My dear... I give you the Capellan Confederation." To the leaders of the Inner Sphere, it seemed like this touched off the 4th War, but, in fact, troops had already invaded the day before.  The new "Federated Suns" launched a lightning quick invasion of both the Capellan Confederationa followed by an assault on their old enemy the Draconsi Combine.

The opening offensive against the Draconis Combine, Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG, was initially intended to capture perhaps ten worlds and inflict more damage on the DCMS than it received in return. The first wave of attacks, launched in August 3028, were so successful that a follow-on wave intended to exploit the successes of the first wave was initiated in late October 3028.

Operation Götterdämmerung is an introductory multiplayer event for players new to BattleTech.

Each player will bring 2 BattleMechs with a combined tonnage of 110-120 tons.  These can be selected from the new BattleTech - A Game of Armoured Combat, or Beginners Box, or from the Sucession Wats Technical Readout (or 3025 Technical Read Out - for you old timers).  If posible please use the correct miniatures for your mech (to help people reconise them)

Will you take:
Wolverine (55) + Catapult (65)?
Shadow Hawk (55) + Thuder Bolt (65)?
A Commando (25) and a BattleMaster (85)?
Go old school with a Pheonix Hawk (45) and a Marauder (75)
Or will you be really obnoxious and bring a Locust (20) and an Atlas (100)?

Only rules from the BattleTech A Game of Armoured Combat Box will be used.  Additionally we will use the "Segregated Fire" optional rule - so Mechs will declare targets are fire at the same time, and "Lance Movement" so Mech will move in pairs.

There will be two teams - The Federated Suns (House Davion/Steiner) and the Draconis Combine (House Kurita).  Teams will be assigned on the day.  When you sign up give a preference if you like!

If you would like to borrow Mechs let me know.  I will also provide maps, dice and record sheets if needed.

Set up from 10.  Dice roll at 11:00.

If there is enough interest we may split into two groups

https://www.facebook.com/events/2005373166255067/