Author Topic: Any Central Missouri Players Out There?  (Read 2142 times)

Ulquiorra9000

• Recruit
Any Central Missouri Players Out There?
« on: 07 June 2019, 20:42:51 »
I live in Columbia, MO, and I can count on one hand how many other BattleTech players I've met in person. And I taught all of them this game. I mean, I know someone in Canada who plays, but going up there for a visit is asking for a lot. Anyone within 25 miles of Columbia who plays this lovely game?

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Re: Any Central Missouri Players Out There?
« Reply #1 on: 14 June 2019, 03:28:30 »
Lexington, MO here. about 4x farther away than you are looking for but that's still drivable.

Ulquiorra9000

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2019, 18:38:04 »
heck, that's tempting. I think I've got a solid grip on the rules and different units, but I've never played with anyone who's above my level and I'm sure there's more for me to learn. Sometime I wouldn't mind being the apprentice instead of teaching one.

JoeJones

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2019, 17:40:16 »
I know I’m late to this thread, but better late than never.

I live in Columbia, MO. I’ve been playing Battletech off and on since 1990, and I would love to get in a game or several.

(I’m also trying to convert members of my Malifaux group into trying Battletech. One guy was interested, tried a demo at GenCon, and got hooked.)

nellac_summoner77

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2019, 21:09:53 »
Nixa sounding off! Just arrived here, folks. Let me know if you're in the area and down to clown. I'll peruse this thread here and see who I can bug...

Cheers!

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2019, 22:43:39 »
Atlanta, MO here. I'm about an hour and a half from Columbia. I sadly don't get out that way very often, but, I always try and hit up Valhalla's Gate when I'm there.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 05 August 2019, 23:58:25 »
Heyo, Kansas City here.  Columbia's a good couple hours from me but if you ever have a big game you need a GM for I'm more than happy to take the time out if it can be set up in advance.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

JoeJones

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 06 August 2019, 04:55:45 »
FYI, I have started a Mid-Missouri Battletech group on Facebook to facilitate communication.

I’m not the greatest at organizing things, but I figure someone needed to start something like this.

JWeiter

• Recruit
« Reply #8 on: 06 August 2019, 08:53:25 »
New to the forum, just checking in. Im in Jefferson City.

JoeJones

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 29 August 2019, 07:39:22 »
Mid-Missouri Battletech is hosting a (more-or-less informal) event at Valhalla’s Gate in Columbia, MO, this Sunday at noon.

https://www.facebook.com/events/452245455372227/?ti=icl