Author Topic: HBS when will we get the Marauder and Warhammer?  (Read 10575 times)

victor_shaw

• Lieutenant
HBS when will we get the Marauder and Warhammer?
« on: 30 June 2018, 08:17:33 »
I know they where held up by the issues with sue-r-us. But now that its over when do you think we will see them?
I'm just hoping its not going to be some pack we have to buy or in some expansion, since its not our fault there where legal issues and we should not have to pay for it.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Re: HBS when will we get the Marauder and Warhammer?
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2018, 09:15:49 »
Well...seeing as how HBS doesn;t really come here, maybe post this on their forums:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/battletech.994/
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2018, 09:19:34 »
The art was usable for the Marauder in the pre alpha. I’m pretty sure that if they decide to insert them in the game, they just need to flip a switch in the code. With patience, I honestly think we’ll see thMarauder and Whammy released in the next few months.

However, the other three Phoenix mechs in MWO haven’t been animated by HBS. The Phoenix Hawk, Rifleman; and Archer. I wouldn’t expect to see those until a sequel at best, which is a shame. 45 ton 6/9/6, 60 ton 4/6, and 70 ton missile boat would fill some holes in the game.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2018, 10:00:44 »
Pretty sure there is no code switch.  Another Hot Coffee type mod would have jepordized the release, had there been such code in the game.

It would have to be a download option.

The art was usable for the Marauder in the pre alpha. I’m pretty sure that if they decide to insert them in the game, they just need to flip a switch in the code. With patience, I honestly think we’ll see thMarauder and Whammy released in the next few months.

However, the other three Phoenix mechs in MWO haven’t been animated by HBS. The Phoenix Hawk, Rifleman; and Archer. I wouldn’t expect to see those until a sequel at best, which is a shame. 45 ton 6/9/6, 60 ton 4/6, and 70 ton missile boat would fill some holes in the game.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2018, 07:49:06 »
I'm sure your right in that it will be a download; the important bit for me is that the animations are already done for the Warhammer and Marauder, so getting those two into the game should be fairly easy when and IF they decide to do so!

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 01 July 2018, 11:15:08 »
I'm sure your right in that it will be a download; the important bit for me is that the animations are already done for the Warhammer and Marauder, so getting those two into the game should be fairly easy when and IF they decide to do so!
they may not be "done" as in I suspect the "skeletons", or wireframes, and animations are done or may just need some minor rework, but the skins might need some significant rework to bring them up to spec.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #6 on: 01 July 2018, 12:28:38 »
The Marauder was done for thePre-Alpha, as it was in the Pre-Alpha Demo at Gencon a couple years back.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 02 July 2018, 12:30:07 »
Exactly why I"m itching to get a Marauder. However, they might not hold up too well against the Orion, which is everywhere, and has excellent weapon balance in 3025, not to mention, nice armor.

If they ever make it in, you can be sure I'll field as many as possible though!

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2018, 09:13:20 »

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2018, 10:34:02 »
I'm mid Ironman run, just liberated Weldry.

That said, I'll try to install this tonight if I get some time. Thanks for the link!

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 16 July 2018, 19:31:42 »
Can't wait for HBS to add them. Does anyone know if there has been any official word?

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 17 July 2018, 10:42:53 »
I'm mid Ironman run, just liberated Weldry.

That said, I'll try to install this tonight if I get some time. Thanks for the link!

Installed this. And just blew a "Hot Hammer" to pieces. It was glorious! I highly recommend everyone install this mod now. If I can figure out how to do it, you can too. Trust this luddite.

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 04 September 2018, 08:20:11 »
HBS' silence is worrying. During their Q&A panel PAX West, it was explicitly stated that there were a set of 'mechs that they were not going to talk about in the Q&A, and they didn't talk about them elsewhere during the panel either.

I'm worried that HBS negotiated some kind of bad deal with HBS.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #13 on: 04 September 2018, 08:59:19 »
I do that myself all the time as well.

And well, in the cas eof HBS there was a video a few days ago about new mechs for the game.

Cheers,
Xavi

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 04 September 2018, 13:05:54 »
Well, I think it is fair to guess the next injection of "new" mechs to the HBS game will come when they release the Flashpoint expansion later this fall. 

Now, if that just contains the Hatchetman/Crab/Cyclops already announced, or another batch of mechs as well, no one knows, or is saying.

Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Best,

Mad

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 04 September 2018, 16:28:32 »
Well, I think it is fair to guess the next injection of "new" mechs to the HBS game will come when they release the Flashpoint expansion later this fall. 

Now, if that just contains the Hatchetman/Crab/Cyclops already announced, or another batch of mechs as well, no one knows, or is saying.

Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Best,

Mad

The marketing texts for the expansion explicitly state that this is only three new mechs and nothing more.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: 04 September 2018, 20:01:29 »

They were the first to settle, but we'll never know if they settled from a weaker position compared to the final PGI and HG settlement.

It's also possible even if the settlement is identical to PGI and HG's, that there might be other reasons why they won't consider it. Paradox might have forbidden HBS from touching them to avoid even the hint of legal issues, the timing of Paradox purchase and the settlement makes me wonder on that, or simply that Paradox are making HBS reserve them for something specific.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #17 on: 05 September 2018, 18:20:37 »
Or... they had to make somewhat long-term plans for the game prior to the settlement, which we are seeing the results of right now, and will get to the nuSeen in due time just as we are seeing with CGL's products.

But it's much more fun to assume the worst. So carry on with the "HG is the eternal boogeyman that ruins everything BattleTech" line of thinking.  :D

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #18 on: 05 September 2018, 20:09:56 »
Besides... its not like we don't have dozens of protentional designs that could be put into the game besides the classics… personally, I'd like more of a selection of light mechs. It's no secret to what Unknown 20, 25 and 30-ton machines is In Game. A Mongoose or Javelin would be delightful...
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #19 on: 06 September 2018, 01:13:45 »
They would need to fix how easily they die before that, though. The game is extremely geared towards heavy mechs, I would say

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 06 September 2018, 06:22:13 »
They would need to fix how easily they die before that, though. The game is extremely geared towards heavy mechs, I would say

Absolutely! The attrition of the evasive arrows from any unit that shoots at you makes light mechs weak in game. Take that attrition away and they would be much better in the higher difficulty maps.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #21 on: 06 September 2018, 11:45:26 »
I think its fine . . . first off, a Light mech is not supposed to stand up well to the attention of several heavies (check); second, its about tactics- if you are shooting at that light then it has to be in range and its a weapon not hitting my meds or heavies just like table top (check); finally, light mechs are not supposed to hang in the center of the battle- notice that none of the mechs have rear firing weapons?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 06 September 2018, 12:12:22 »
Megamek is the only game that uses rear weapons. Kind of disappointing.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 06 September 2018, 13:50:24 »
I think its fine . . . first off, a Light mech is not supposed to stand up well to the attention of several heavies (check); second, its about tactics- if you are shooting at that light then it has to be in range and its a weapon not hitting my meds or heavies just like table top (check); finally, light mechs are not supposed to hang in the center of the battle- notice that none of the mechs have rear firing weapons?
Nobody's every had rear firing weapons (not even MWO, which is the first platform for the most potential to use it). I am surprised that BT-PC doesn't not but again, its probably a game mechanic issue more than anything...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #24 on: 06 September 2018, 15:12:49 »
It is . . . heck, I was surprised MW4's mech expansion packs would traverse the arms out to the side . . . I ran circles in a Arctic Wolf around a Kodiak and had to look out the 'side' cockpit to keep track of the Kodiak as I fired.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #25 on: 06 September 2018, 15:49:39 »
The basic IA always shots the nearest mech, regardless of the options to hit (or not) said mech. Only goes for farther away mechs if the one near them is guarded and there is one very near that one that is not guarded.

In fact retiring a touched mech to the rear echelons is am easy way to keep it in the fight

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #26 on: 06 September 2018, 21:34:26 »
Eh, I have seen them split fire . . . the AI still has some quirks- its nowhere near as simplistic as Micro$haft's from MC2.  The game was great, right up until you had to play against the computer.
Colt Ward

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 07 September 2018, 07:58:51 »

And yet TT doesn't follow this same logic. You're correct of course, lights aren't meant to go toe to toe with heavies of assaults, and they wouldn't be able to even without the attrition. However the lack of attrition would mean that your light mech was still useful in high difficulty missions, something they presently are not. I'm interested to see what the new mission type coming in Flashpoint is going to do to incentivise light/medium use, could be one of the best additions to the game.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #28 on: 07 September 2018, 09:26:29 »
Huh?  I run my backstabbers in specifically when I have to force the opponent to decide between what to shoot at and move away from.
Colt Ward

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: 09 September 2018, 23:59:15 »
Besides... its not like we don't have dozens of protentional designs that could be put into the game besides the classics… personally, I'd like more of a selection of light mechs. It's no secret to what Unknown 20, 25 and 30-ton machines is In Game. A Mongoose or Javelin would be delightful...

They already had the Marauder and Warhammer in the alpha version of the game as evidenced by the gameplay walkthroughs, complete with animations and everything before the lawsuit happened. So it should be easier to simply put them back in the game again than starting to put new mechs into it

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #30 on: 10 September 2018, 00:04:23 »
And until we hear otherwise directly from HBS, we should not assume they will be added in any time soon.  Speculation is dandy, but demanding on an unrelated forum does nobody any good and only serves to breed unneeded resentment.

Rebel Yell

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 10 September 2018, 01:01:49 »
Don't see anyone demanding anything, just discussing it, which is exactly the reason that game forums exist.
3025-3039 The Glory days of BT. Everything after that can get off my lawn.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #32 on: 10 September 2018, 01:38:39 »
They already had the Marauder and Warhammer in the alpha version of the game as evidenced by the gameplay walkthroughs, complete with animations and everything before the lawsuit happened. So it should be easier to simply put them back in the game again than starting to put new mechs into it

I know they had the Marauder in the alpha, but did they have the Warhammer?

And just because they were in the Alpha doesn't mean they were in a state that they could be easily re-added any more adding other 'Mechs that weren't in the Alpha.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #33 on: 10 September 2018, 09:46:15 »
Except they were not polished or finished and the new mechs we are getting?  Probably started work on the expansion before the release actually hit.
Colt Ward

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 01 October 2018, 11:16:36 »
SolahmaJoe's Hangar of the Dispossessed mod for Battletech now includes the Phoenix Hawk!

Once you install the mod, you can and will fight and salvage the Phoenix Hawk, Warhammer, Marauder, and Marauder II during the procedurally generated missions!

I altered my game constants and started a new campaign with the Pixie as my starting ride, it is a thing of beauty!

Best,

mad

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #35 on: 01 October 2018, 11:24:45 »
 . . . so what you are saying is you could start off with a Shadow Hawk and pretend to be Grayson trying to help a rebellion?
Colt Ward

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #36 on: 01 October 2018, 12:06:07 »
I like this idea.  Not even that hard to do for the vanilla game if you know how to mod the .json files.   :)

. . . so what you are saying is you could start off with a Shadow Hawk and pretend to be Grayson trying to help a rebellion?

ThePW

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 01 October 2018, 15:04:24 »
Is there a way to add more variants? the Chassis folder has all the variants in game, it seems. does it appear to be possible to add more (example, making a 5S or 5J version of the Trebuchet)? If so, has someone created a tutorial?

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 01 October 2018, 15:21:55 »
I just add the requisite hardpoints to the chassis via .json files personally.  No need for an external mod and no compatibility issues for differing versions. 

Learned it from the beta days via the hbs forums and there is a YouTube video as well.

Is there a way to add more variants? the Chassis folder has all the variants in game, it seems. does it appear to be possible to add more (example, making a 5S or 5J version of the Trebuchet)? If so, has someone created a tutorial?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #39 on: 01 October 2018, 16:16:24 »
Most useful mech for this . . . the frigging Hunchback!

Does the appearance change or not?  So if I take the -4G and make it a . . . -4N do I end up with AC & ML ports on the chest?
Colt Ward

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 01 October 2018, 18:26:16 »
Kinda..there's more in depth info about how to resize and modify placement but i'm happy enough just to have the additional hardpoints on the mech. You do end up with some odd looking designs, as the weapons sometimes do not size correctly or jut out from unexpected places.  I think the ppc for example ends up on a bottom side mount instead of centered for a Hunchback for example.  I love the SP and always have one in my bay ready to go.

Most useful mech for this . . . the frigging Hunchback!

Does the appearance change or not?  So if I take the -4G and make it a . . . -4N do I end up with AC & ML ports on the chest?

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #41 on: 02 December 2018, 21:34:30 »
Confirmation at MechCon 2018

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/343727858?t=06h54m00s

YES... but not until after the Urban Warfare expansion pack...

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 02 December 2018, 23:37:54 »
Until they name actual names, that's only the Warhammer and Marauder which were promised. There's still at least 5 other designs to be included.  Hopes up though.

Confirmation at MechCon 2018

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/343727858?t=06h54m00s

YES... but not until after the Urban Warfare expansion pack...

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #43 on: 27 December 2018, 11:42:53 »
Good tidings for Christmas.

Thanks to SolahmaJoe the Charger has now been added to the mod Hanger of the Dispossessed

and

The author of the Assassin and the Annihilator, bloodydoves (released by arguskos on Nexus), has now released the Archer
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #44 on: 29 December 2018, 11:50:02 »
Rifleman is out today too!  Hurrah!

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #45 on: 30 December 2018, 03:27:48 »
So if you install hangar of the dispossessed then these mechs show up in game?

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #46 on: 30 December 2018, 11:23:19 »
So if you install hangar of the dispossessed then these mechs show up in game?

They do show up as enemies to be salvaged. HBS changed the way shops work, and I am not sure if they patched that portion yet.

Time to go to the vet. We now have Fleas

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #47 on: 31 December 2018, 05:01:31 »
Of I install a mod, do I lose everything I have done to the vanilla game? I have 2 campaigns halfway, and would hate to lose them, even if some of the mods are very appealing. Concretely the ones that

1. Makes the IA more dangerous.

2. Introduce new sensible mechs that that enot extrarare like the hatchetman, crab and cyclops

3. Reduces the campaign to a more ebelievable mech level, with most encounters not including assaults and so many heavy mechs.

But as said, I do not want to lose what I have already.
« Last Edit: 31 December 2018, 05:04:47 by Elmoth »

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #48 on: 01 January 2019, 15:04:57 »
As a reminder, this site has a long-standing rule against dragging in problems from elsewhere.  If you have an issue with the moderation policies over at Paradox Plaza, you need to discuss it with that moderation team, not start slinging mud over here.

Also, while I agree that there should be more BattleMechs (more vehicles, too!), I'd prefer if people keep things polite in here.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #49 on: 02 January 2019, 18:04:06 »
As a reminder, this site has a long-standing rule against dragging in problems from elsewhere.  If you have an issue with the moderation policies over at Paradox Plaza, you need to discuss it with that moderation team, not start slinging mud over here.

Also, while I agree that there should be more BattleMechs (more vehicles, too!), I'd prefer if people keep things polite in here.

My bad. I wasn't implying anything either way. Just stating I'm not aware if the mod makers patched that portion or not. My game is currently on hold waiting to see all the other mechs and mods being released.