Author Topic: HBS when will we get the Marauder and Warhammer?  (Read 10610 times)

Luciora

• Major
Re: HBS when will we get the Marauder and Warhammer?
« Reply #30 on: 10 September 2018, 00:04:23 »
And until we hear otherwise directly from HBS, we should not assume they will be added in any time soon.  Speculation is dandy, but demanding on an unrelated forum does nobody any good and only serves to breed unneeded resentment.

Rebel Yell

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 10 September 2018, 01:01:49 »
Don't see anyone demanding anything, just discussing it, which is exactly the reason that game forums exist.
3025-3039 The Glory days of BT. Everything after that can get off my lawn.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #32 on: 10 September 2018, 01:38:39 »
They already had the Marauder and Warhammer in the alpha version of the game as evidenced by the gameplay walkthroughs, complete with animations and everything before the lawsuit happened. So it should be easier to simply put them back in the game again than starting to put new mechs into it

I know they had the Marauder in the alpha, but did they have the Warhammer?

And just because they were in the Alpha doesn't mean they were in a state that they could be easily re-added any more adding other 'Mechs that weren't in the Alpha.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #33 on: 10 September 2018, 09:46:15 »
Except they were not polished or finished and the new mechs we are getting?  Probably started work on the expansion before the release actually hit.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 01 October 2018, 11:16:36 »
SolahmaJoe's Hangar of the Dispossessed mod for Battletech now includes the Phoenix Hawk!

Once you install the mod, you can and will fight and salvage the Phoenix Hawk, Warhammer, Marauder, and Marauder II during the procedurally generated missions!

I altered my game constants and started a new campaign with the Pixie as my starting ride, it is a thing of beauty!

Best,

mad

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #35 on: 01 October 2018, 11:24:45 »
 . . . so what you are saying is you could start off with a Shadow Hawk and pretend to be Grayson trying to help a rebellion?
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #36 on: 01 October 2018, 12:06:07 »
I like this idea.  Not even that hard to do for the vanilla game if you know how to mod the .json files.   :)

. . . so what you are saying is you could start off with a Shadow Hawk and pretend to be Grayson trying to help a rebellion?

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #37 on: 01 October 2018, 15:04:24 »
Is there a way to add more variants? the Chassis folder has all the variants in game, it seems. does it appear to be possible to add more (example, making a 5S or 5J version of the Trebuchet)? If so, has someone created a tutorial?
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 01 October 2018, 15:21:55 »
I just add the requisite hardpoints to the chassis via .json files personally.  No need for an external mod and no compatibility issues for differing versions. 

Learned it from the beta days via the hbs forums and there is a YouTube video as well.

Is there a way to add more variants? the Chassis folder has all the variants in game, it seems. does it appear to be possible to add more (example, making a 5S or 5J version of the Trebuchet)? If so, has someone created a tutorial?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #39 on: 01 October 2018, 16:16:24 »
Most useful mech for this . . . the frigging Hunchback!

Does the appearance change or not?  So if I take the -4G and make it a . . . -4N do I end up with AC & ML ports on the chest?
Colt Ward

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 01 October 2018, 18:26:16 »
Kinda..there's more in depth info about how to resize and modify placement but i'm happy enough just to have the additional hardpoints on the mech. You do end up with some odd looking designs, as the weapons sometimes do not size correctly or jut out from unexpected places.  I think the ppc for example ends up on a bottom side mount instead of centered for a Hunchback for example.  I love the SP and always have one in my bay ready to go.

Most useful mech for this . . . the frigging Hunchback!

Does the appearance change or not?  So if I take the -4G and make it a . . . -4N do I end up with AC & ML ports on the chest?

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #41 on: 02 December 2018, 21:34:30 »
Confirmation at MechCon 2018

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/343727858?t=06h54m00s

YES... but not until after the Urban Warfare expansion pack...

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 02 December 2018, 23:37:54 »
Until they name actual names, that's only the Warhammer and Marauder which were promised. There's still at least 5 other designs to be included.  Hopes up though.

Confirmation at MechCon 2018

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/343727858?t=06h54m00s

YES... but not until after the Urban Warfare expansion pack...

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #43 on: 27 December 2018, 11:42:53 »
Good tidings for Christmas.

Thanks to SolahmaJoe the Charger has now been added to the mod Hanger of the Dispossessed

and

The author of the Assassin and the Annihilator, bloodydoves (released by arguskos on Nexus), has now released the Archer
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #44 on: 29 December 2018, 11:50:02 »
Rifleman is out today too!  Hurrah!

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #45 on: 30 December 2018, 03:27:48 »
So if you install hangar of the dispossessed then these mechs show up in game?

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #46 on: 30 December 2018, 11:23:19 »
So if you install hangar of the dispossessed then these mechs show up in game?

They do show up as enemies to be salvaged. HBS changed the way shops work, and I am not sure if they patched that portion yet.

Time to go to the vet. We now have Fleas

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #47 on: 31 December 2018, 05:01:31 »
Of I install a mod, do I lose everything I have done to the vanilla game? I have 2 campaigns halfway, and would hate to lose them, even if some of the mods are very appealing. Concretely the ones that

1. Makes the IA more dangerous.

2. Introduce new sensible mechs that that enot extrarare like the hatchetman, crab and cyclops

3. Reduces the campaign to a more ebelievable mech level, with most encounters not including assaults and so many heavy mechs.

But as said, I do not want to lose what I have already.
« Last Edit: 31 December 2018, 05:04:47 by Elmoth »

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #48 on: 01 January 2019, 15:04:57 »
As a reminder, this site has a long-standing rule against dragging in problems from elsewhere.  If you have an issue with the moderation policies over at Paradox Plaza, you need to discuss it with that moderation team, not start slinging mud over here.

Also, while I agree that there should be more BattleMechs (more vehicles, too!), I'd prefer if people keep things polite in here.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #49 on: 02 January 2019, 18:04:06 »
As a reminder, this site has a long-standing rule against dragging in problems from elsewhere.  If you have an issue with the moderation policies over at Paradox Plaza, you need to discuss it with that moderation team, not start slinging mud over here.

Also, while I agree that there should be more BattleMechs (more vehicles, too!), I'd prefer if people keep things polite in here.

My bad. I wasn't implying anything either way. Just stating I'm not aware if the mod makers patched that portion or not. My game is currently on hold waiting to see all the other mechs and mods being released.

Register