Author Topic: Bomb Bays a question  (Read 147 times)

Primus203

• Corporal
Bomb Bays a question
« on: 12 March 2024, 23:12:25 »
So I've been working on a load for a hundred ton fighter there's just one thing I don't understand. So we get one bomb slot per five tons correct? Is this separate from the internal bomb bay perk?

If I have this hundred ton fighter with no bomb bay to my understanding I should be able to carry three anti ship missiles for only six tons because twenty bomb slots come with a hundred ton fighter. Am I correct or incorrect sorry for the trouble been trying to figure it out.

Also if I'm correct can internal bomb bay be combined with external bombs.

AlphaMirage

• Major
Re: Bomb Bays a question
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2024, 23:41:12 »
Yes, one slot per 5 tons.
You lose -1 Thrust for each 5 or fraction after you add. So you'd be down 4 to 1/2 or 2/3 Thrust with 3 ASMs, but must still pay the full cost to move at safe/max which will burn through your fuel quite quickly.

The internal bay is a quirk thus has no bearing on construction rules beside its limited wording, and is an optional rule that costs 3 Quirk Points which must be supplemented elsewhere (like to say take improved targeting). You can have both external and internal bombs. The external ones cost you thrust. The internal ones have a drop limit and risk catastrophic damage if your fighter is struck by 'ground fire' (not sure how that interacts in space) and the enemy rolls a 10+.

Register