Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 171104 times)

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Coming July 17!
« Reply #960 on: 17 July 2019, 18:07:00 »
That might backfire and get them brutally, viciously attacked by every parent on the planet, batchall be damned!

Also, for the completionists among us, can we  get some text somewhere on the campaign listing the number of unique dice, coins, packs, etc. that have been unlocked so we can make sure we have enough addons to get ‘all the things’?

We’re working on this now. I realize there’s been a lot of unlocks today and some are scattered to hell and gone across three separate images. It’ll be a KS update and posts here and on social media.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

cobaltcoil

• Sergeant
  • Cry Havoc and Let Loose the Wolves/Coyotes of War
« Reply #961 on: 17 July 2019, 18:07:13 »
On the cusp of breaking the $400,000 stretch goal....can't wait to see the next series of stretch goals.... ;D  :thumbsup:  :drool:

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #962 on: 17 July 2019, 18:15:42 »
We’re working on this now. I realize there’s been a lot of unlocks today and some are scattered to hell and gone across three separate images. It’ll be a KS update and posts here and on social media.

Take your time, do it right. You have won the internet for today. Enjoy it, there's so much work ahead.

Also, questions I posted on the KS:
Questions regarding Canon characters:
1) Will Catalyst accept Clan-of-choice requests?
2) For Galaxy Commander and above, will higher ranks than "Mechwarrior X" be available?
3) For cases where art is included, will Catalyst accept a reference image to use when creating art of the character?

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #963 on: 17 July 2019, 18:16:46 »
Aaaand we just ran past $400k... :D :D :D :thumbsup:

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #964 on: 17 July 2019, 18:20:52 »
If the money isn't taken out untill after the 17th, am I able to change my pledge from star captain to galaxy commander?
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #965 on: 17 July 2019, 18:23:33 »
If the money isn't taken out untill after the 17th, am I able to change my pledge from star captain to galaxy commander?

Yep. You're able to change your pledge anytime before the end date.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #966 on: 17 July 2019, 18:25:09 »
Heavily debating now if I bump up to Star Colonel, or hold at Bloodnamed and just add on for all the different Lance/Star packs.

I have got to get some more of my stuff sold off!  :D

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #967 on: 17 July 2019, 18:25:53 »

The money is taken after 30 days. You can change your pledge any time before then and it will count to stretch goals.
You can also put more money later with the Pledge Manager but it won't count for stretch goals.

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #968 on: 17 July 2019, 18:27:16 »
Heavily debating now if I bump up to Star Colonel, or hold at Bloodnamed and just add on for all the different Lance/Star packs.

Higher pledge levels are locked into "Double Forces" which forces you to buy each Star pack in units of 2. Probably to simplify fulfillment.
That said, Star Colonel is the most cash-efficient in terms of $$ per Mech ($5.45), if you value all non-miniature rewards at $0.

Kles

• Corporal
« Reply #969 on: 17 July 2019, 18:28:44 »

It’s kind of hidden, but I noticed under the list of add-ones, at least one of the neoprene mats will be free for everyone Star Colonel or higher. That helped me decide. (Plus I just wanted to help make sure some more stretch goals were passed quicker)

DEZOAT

• Lieutenant
« Reply #970 on: 17 July 2019, 18:29:38 »
 :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8).  7:25PM ET JULY 17 2019 2123 backer and 401,238.00 WOW!!!! That fast that I have seen so far in 6 and half hour of this Kickstarter. I know after I'm done posting those number will have change some more. I have to say wow. They blew threw 3 sets of goal again WOW. I have wonder where the heck we go from here. Well I'm  >:D happy . Later everyone .
« Last Edit: 17 July 2019, 18:32:00 by DEZOAT »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #971 on: 17 July 2019, 18:31:48 »
Yes, I have already been throwing extra $$ as we got some unlocks.  I am going to see if my FLGS is jumping in too.

So a couple of questions for Cubby-
1)  Will Salvage boxes include mechs from the Invasion box?
2)  Will prototypes be shown at GenCon?  If so, I need to replace the F5 on my work computer . . .
3)  How are we doing on the Social Media goals?  I just checked my FB and did not see a post from BT even though I follow.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #972 on: 17 July 2019, 18:32:35 »
So, I'm trying to count my Tubes before they are Decanted, and it's leaving me more than a little confused.

Tiers from Bloodnamed on up, have "Double forces!" and they have a mech count. Is that "Double Forces" included in the mech count already?

as a Galaxy Commander, am I getting 85 mechs, or 165?
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #973 on: 17 July 2019, 18:34:14 »
Its included . . . but leaves out the Salvage boxes that were unlocked as part of a tier reward.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Vandervecken

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #974 on: 17 July 2019, 18:36:38 »
Double Forces is strictly worse than choosing twice as many Packs. The main purpose I think is for these large pledges to be simpler to fulfill because they have to buy doubles of everything.

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #975 on: 17 July 2019, 18:39:03 »
So, I'm trying to count my Tubes before they are Decanted, and it's leaving me more than a little confused.

Tiers from Bloodnamed on up, have "Double forces!" and they have a mech count. Is that "Double Forces" included in the mech count already?

as a Galaxy Commander, am I getting 85 mechs, or 165?

Galaxy Commander gives....

Clan Invasion Box Set
8× Star Pack / Lance Pack

That is 5 Mechs from the Box Set, and 40 from the Packs.

Double Mechs then doubles the Packs....so you'd get the 8 from the GC level, and another duplicate set.

Total...16 Mech Packs plus five from the Box Set.

Total, 85.

To this is then added the Add On Packs.
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #976 on: 17 July 2019, 18:39:18 »
The more stretch goals we hit, the higher I feel I have to take my pledge level  ;D

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #977 on: 17 July 2019, 18:43:41 »
Stretch Goals V are up. No graphics. Way to go, you killed their graphics guy.

BlCharger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #978 on: 17 July 2019, 18:44:10 »
Oh no....

$410,000 – METAL WARHAMMER STATUE. From StarCorps Industries (also known as the fantastic metal smiths at Iron Wind Metals) comes a new Museum Scale statue of the Warhammer. This large pewter figurine (appox. 3.5” tall) will be a completely-new sculpt, based directly off of the redesign shown in this campaign. This will be offered under Add-ons.
"The Ghost Bears are one big, happy family. I am the crazy, fun loving aunt." - Star Captain Peri Rand.
"You can't write history without including mankind's incessant need to kill one another." - Dr. Jessica Kimball (Hopefully soon to be my canon character)

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #979 on: 17 July 2019, 18:44:58 »
This really caught my eye...

$450,000 - CLAN HEAVY BATTLE STAR UNLOCKED! A star of five new OmniMechs: Turkina, Kingfisher, Crossbow, Ebon Jaguar, and Huntsman.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #980 on: 17 July 2019, 18:46:53 »
Oh no was my reaction too at the Warhammer statue

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #981 on: 17 July 2019, 18:47:50 »
Perhaps we can see some Clan Trials of Absorption....Widowmaker and Mongoose, come to mind and of course a certain Clan Trial of Annihilation for the Not-Named?  :thumbsup:  :drool:  ;D

Highly unlikely.

First...the Widowmaker Absorption has already been done
Second...the Mongoose Absorption was bigger and more complex and would require at least as much effort to create
Third...the Wolverine Annihilation is, in its own way, more complicated and controversial still.

None of these are suitable for a single scenario, but rather full campaigns.

A more suitable candidate  for a Trial of Annihilation for a scenario would be the Star of warriors who defeat led to the destruction of their progeny. Can't recall the Clan right now

Absorption? Probably a Harvest Trial
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #982 on: 17 July 2019, 18:49:51 »
To be honest, getting the rest of the Founding of the Clans trilogy might be the most exciting thing about this campaign.

(guys, PoD copies, por favor?)
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #983 on: 17 July 2019, 18:52:57 »
It was certainly a pleasant surprise

What other unexpected treasure can we wring out with a bigger flood of money

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #984 on: 17 July 2019, 18:53:35 »
Oh no....

$410,000 – METAL WARHAMMER STATUE. From StarCorps Industries (also known as the fantastic metal smiths at Iron Wind Metals) comes a new Museum Scale statue of the Warhammer. This large pewter figurine (appox. 3.5” tall) will be a completely-new sculpt, based directly off of the redesign shown in this campaign. This will be offered under Add-ons.

my wallet can't take this anymore  xp

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #985 on: 17 July 2019, 18:56:02 »
It was certainly a pleasant surprise

What other unexpected treasure can we wring out with a bigger flood of money

Well, how many other classic 3025 designs are there for IS? How many other Clan designs? :D

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #986 on: 17 July 2019, 18:57:33 »
I wonder if metallic versions will be available from IWM after the box sets are in production and delivered? (And adding whatever time it will take for them to be made.)

There are some i'd like to get but not as part of packs that include others i don't care one bit for.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #987 on: 17 July 2019, 18:59:45 »
Well, how many other classic 3025 designs are there for IS? How many other Clan designs? :D

Counting the current box sets, which have 6 classics and three others...
Classics are all there, plus the Valkyrie, 15. Others total 14. So, 29 at the moment.

EDIT Think there should be 30 Clan 'Mechs? All 16 classics Omnis, plus 14 others.
« Last Edit: 17 July 2019, 19:02:28 by Empyrus »

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #988 on: 17 July 2019, 19:04:03 »
I think we need pics of all these new maps...

*looks at new stretch goals*

T... t....t.... TURKINA!!!  :D

BYE

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #989 on: 17 July 2019, 19:05:12 »
Probably about a million more to check off all the 3025/3039 crew

I think we need pics of all these new maps...

BYE

Questionable if they’ve been made yet