Author Topic: DropShip of the Week: Duat  (Read 9834 times)

Diablo48

• Major
Re: DropShip of the Week: Duat
« Reply #30 on: 24 October 2013, 20:26:29 »
Since the conversation has turned to booby-trapped drones I'd just like to direct everyone's attention to this little gem  >:D:

As the for Duat, I think we'll see a dedicated Ares transport variant once they come out with Superheavy 'Mech bays.

Hm, this makes me wonder if it would be practical to "reload" a fighter bay with a new drone in combat.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 24 October 2013, 20:53:31 »
Hm, this makes me wonder if it would be practical to "reload" a fighter bay with a new drone in combat.
There are rules about that, sort of.

I remember reading through the MS construction examples, the flying one had several places to actually store fighters, but only two launch bays or something like that, so the example talked about moving fighters into the bays

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 24 October 2013, 21:45:43 »
Nowadays they're liable to grant it posthumous citizenship.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 30 October 2013, 07:48:01 »
The more I read on this dropship, the more I like it actually. It is a defensive nightmare, imaging a few of them landing and setting up a defensive perimeter for a command dropship, wow lots of long ranged firepower. And all those Superheavy mechs, simply awesome. Now where did I put those Wobbie nukes I found.......
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Korzon77

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 31 October 2013, 01:46:39 »
IU don't know how a big drone fighter cmopares, "suicide strike" wise with a capital scale missile-- but the big advantage would be in allowing raders to escape, as a major problem with a lot of raiders is that running for your life isn't a good time to take on fighters-- because if you're in combat you eitehr leave them out to die, or risk getting shredded as you're taking them on board-- a drone fighter, or a SDS fighter like the void seeker helps with that issue.

Register