Author Topic: [OOC] TOW - LAAF CIO - recruitment open  (Read 42331 times)

Sichr

• Corporal
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA, ZMRDI!!!
Re: [OOC] TOW - LAAF CIO
« Reply #210 on: 02 October 2014, 06:06:13 »
that must be that fever...falling back to silence...
Don`t cry because it`s over. Smile because it happened!

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #211 on: 02 October 2014, 07:03:28 »
@Minerva (and all really): Not really sure I feel comfortable pushing you around or telling you how to act/play the game.

Albert's a military guy and this is an operation. Sure, he's in an intelligence agency and gathering some side-information could be useful.  But at this moment his orders concern only the package.
And other stuff he happens to stumble upon, unless it's an immediate threat, he'd report to LIC and leave it up to them to decide how to handle with it. Should they decide to order him to dig deeper, he'll do that without hesitation.
But at the moment, changing his focus from "we could be attacked at any moment and I'm in charge of everyone's safety" to "there may be some shady financial deals going on", is very unlikely to happen...

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #212 on: 02 October 2014, 07:56:03 »
@Minerva (and all really): Not really sure I feel comfortable pushing you around or telling you how to act/play the game.

This is because chain of command was no clarified before the mission. Naughty GM, naughty, naughty, naughty!

However, at this game I think we can assume that LIC is more paramilitary oriented (like old KGB) than academically oriented (like CIA) so chain of command is respected. Therefor Albert can always pull the rank and simply state that this is what you will do/don't do and that is what Minerva will do as chain of command works that way.

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #213 on: 02 October 2014, 08:12:48 »
Problem with the chain of command is that 'civilian' isn't part of it, so can't really be ordered around ;)

That said, it's not the roleplaying part of pulling rank I have problems with, it's the RL side of it.
Not much fun for you all to have if someone else is always going to be making the calls and is telling you what to do.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
  • prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #214 on: 02 October 2014, 08:26:09 »
This is because chain of command was no clarified before the mission. Naughty GM, naughty, naughty, naughty!

that's a feature not a bug.

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #215 on: 04 October 2014, 12:09:03 »
No answer if he'll be joining tomorrow?

If he answers & goes along, Albert knows enough for now and won't try to stop him.
if he doesn't go or answer, Albert will try to stop him and fail Reflex (2d6+4=10)
in which case I'll post that in my next IC.
« Last Edit: 04 October 2014, 12:11:38 by Xzylvador »

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #216 on: 05 October 2014, 05:16:50 »
he didn't answer

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #217 on: 05 October 2014, 05:18:56 »
all right - final post from Xzyl and we move to the next scene

Netzgeist

• Recruit
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #218 on: 05 October 2014, 20:07:06 »
Guys, I've already sent a message to Sent, but I guess it right to use the OOC to annouce it.

Right now, I'm leaving the game.

I was already quite dissapointed (with myself) with how much I was being able to put myself into the game. I'm not yet managing my work schedule in a satisfying way, and so I couldn't study the scenario as much as I'd like. More often than not I was feeling lost about it. In other times, I believe I would be able to remedy it, but I couldn't. I was trying to enter the game world, but it still felt strange.

And now I find myself with a different problem in RL requiring even more of my time, so I must face that I'm not, in fact, playing this game the way I like it. I'm not embodying my character, I'm not living the story, and that's not fair with none of us. So I quit, hoping that this does not disturb the flow that much, and that you all keep having fun.

Hope to play with you again, preferably sooner than latter.

Netz out
- but not the same way as that damn freak elf. I'm still alive, dammit, and there's still some EDGE to burn.

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #219 on: 06 October 2014, 02:02:08 »
Sorry to hear it, but I think everyone understands that sometimes that's just how things are...
Best of luck with your RL stuff, Netz!

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #220 on: 06 October 2014, 13:03:00 »
Stay cool, and stay in touch. There may be another interresting topic in the future  >:D

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #221 on: 08 October 2014, 08:03:14 »
sent: Added modifier to the roll (at least I hope I have right ide about how it works, you have my RS so you may check it) O zgink I havent applied it even pn the sensor check before, well I have hard times finding the post on my phone.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #222 on: 10 October 2014, 04:10:22 »
I've verified the last roll (when you're circling above the manor) it was ok.
The modifier you used is ok also - use the ones from the last message from me (the update on skills) you got +3 for skill level and -1 for attributes.

btw. You can at any point specialize in vehicle sensors (+1 to sensor rolls from within vehicle -1 to all others)

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #223 on: 13 October 2014, 15:55:46 »
In what direction is the van from mansion?

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #224 on: 14 October 2014, 01:57:55 »
In what direction is the van from mansion?

South

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #225 on: 14 October 2014, 17:09:42 »
Xzylvador, there is no way anyone around to not notice the taking off helicopter. The more proper would be any indication action taken by your takeoff

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #226 on: 16 October 2014, 04:22:22 »
Made an error in last post - edited already (the blast was an SMG round not a laser blast) - for some reason I thought the guards were issued laser rifles not SMGs.

Sichr in case you wonder - you didn't see anything (meaning the shots must have happened behind the woods or within them - you'd see laser shots, but not an SMG rounds) - you didn't hear anything from within the chopper, but you heard the radio chatter, so you know the situation.

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #227 on: 16 October 2014, 06:57:08 »
my thought is that guards are not wearing thermal dampened armors, so in case some of them got hot I would be able to identify which one. The same goes for them firing the weapon...my guess is thet they don have sound/thermal suppressors.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #228 on: 16 October 2014, 08:23:51 »
you're right on guns, not sound suppresions - but you can't hear anything within the flying VTOL
on the thermals - it depend on how many trees (or houses) are between you. (guards do not wear thermal suppression on armor). Once you fly over you can see them clearly, but that's in IC...

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #229 on: 16 October 2014, 09:59:21 »
"Henning and Albert went downstairs, through the kitchen to the dinning room. They've pressed themselves to the sides of the wall and observed through windows.
The guards are coming from the east..."

We can see them? Or are you saying we're at the wrong place at the moment?

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #230 on: 16 October 2014, 12:01:22 »
A picture can tell a 1000 words.

Yes you can see the guards (3rd squad, 2 of them w/dog) coming from the east.

There are no guards on the walls already - I assumed, you've implemented Dermot suggestion to double the teams.

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #231 on: 16 October 2014, 14:00:05 »
Sorry, yeah. Double team, forgot about that and was using the first 'strategic' map from 2nd page IC while @work.

Will edit my IC.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #232 on: 18 October 2014, 13:45:23 »
Ono wsnt primary aircraft fighter. He learned to fly the machines to cover medevacs and stealth insertion of paratroopers. Well he did learned how to use the force quite quickly during the asic traning, and he had a lot of practices since then.
...<willl be updated with roll etc once I have oportunity to check the vehicle stats>

Sichr,
if' you're going to shoo that thing from the chopper, make a roll for each weapon you use. Most probably, you should fire all of them so make 5 times a normal gunnery skill check

Gunnery/Aircraft (RFL + DEX)   4 (3 +1)         TN 8, SA

with following modifiers:
(if you move slightly in the direction of the gate)
-2 for the speed of the van
-1 for cruising speed of your own chopper
-4 for range (for extended range small lasers like yours 180 meters is the maximum range)
(you can move even further in the same move to reduce that modifier to -2 and shoot from about 100 meters, or even -0 if you move outside the walls)
that makes it either -3, -1 or +1 total to your roll with TN of 8 (depending on distance you take)

on any that succeed, make a 2d6 roll for location hit.

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #233 on: 22 October 2014, 11:39:40 »
I realized we may be waiting for ... me? :)

here is the skill:
Gunnery/Aircraft 3   2 (1 + 1)             TN 7, SB

here is the roll...
I have no idea how location works and how much damage I can inflict...also there is soething called Heat in Laser description, So Ill just roll for 2 Lasers and two hit locations and let you do the math behind all of this..as with those modifiers it seems I have only very limited chance to hit the van. I will shoot on 100m range

Laser 1)
2d6=8, 2d6=5

Laser 2)
2d6=5, 2d6=5

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #234 on: 22 October 2014, 15:25:39 »
I'm moving to another & renovating an apartment, so my activity might will be decreased.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #235 on: 23 October 2014, 04:13:26 »
I realized we may be waiting for ... me? :)

here is the skill:
Gunnery/Aircraft 3   2 (1 + 1)             TN 7, SB

here is the roll...
I have no idea how location works and how much damage I can inflict...also there is soething called Heat in Laser description, So Ill just roll for 2 Lasers and two hit locations and let you do the math behind all of this..as with those modifiers it seems I have only very limited chance to hit the van. I will shoot on 100m range

Laser 1)
2d6=8, 2d6=5

Laser 2)
2d6=5, 2d6=5

vehicles don't build up heat the same way as Mechs. The construction assumes, you have enough heat sinks to cover all of you energy weapons fired at once.
Technically you buildup heat for flying, but you'd have to fly at max speed for 20 combat turns to have any effects of this, which realistically don't happen and a by then two rounds of cease fire would reduce it back to zero.

So you might safely fire all your weapons at once in future

the rest will be in IC

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #236 on: 23 October 2014, 13:37:58 »
So, the enemy coming from the east...
I'm assuming squad 3 is taking cover near the trees east of the pond and from there should have clear sight of these enemies if they head towards the back side of the mansion near the pond?
And Albert, Henning and Red have eyes on approach from the southern side.
But neither sees a thing, so they should be inside the mansion then? (how) is it connected to the wing we're in?

Sichr

• Corporal
« Reply #237 on: 23 October 2014, 15:14:31 »
Lol there is no way to dodge in this game?

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #238 on: 27 October 2014, 05:03:17 »
Lol there is no way to dodge in this game?

in melee there is an opposite test of melee skill

in ranged you shoot against circumstances

You move fast, you hide behind cover, that's how you improve your chances. But no dodge per se.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #239 on: 27 October 2014, 05:11:43 »
So, the enemy coming from the east...
I'm assuming squad 3 is taking cover near the trees east of the pond and from there should have clear sight of these enemies if they head towards the back side of the mansion near the pond?
And Albert, Henning and Red have eyes on approach from the southern side.
But neither sees a thing, so they should be inside the mansion then? (how) is it connected to the wing we're in?

I'll draw something to show you, but essentially squads see north and south wall of the virtual rectangle that encompass all mansion buildings. The signal source disappeared behind the east wall.

Yes, they could be inside eastern mansion building or they could have made a picnic under the wall.

The main mansion is connected with a low building (single floor), but it connects the west wing in the conference room, and there was a solid wall in that place.

Register