Author Topic: Battletech Long Island  (Read 162534 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: Battletech Long Island
« Reply #1410 on: 13 March 2018, 00:47:36 »
before I forget the April game is now 4/8 not 4/15. real world did it  #P

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1411 on: 13 March 2018, 16:20:37 »
??
Please determine which personnel will be available for PR and Press interviews
That's what I was referring to.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1412 on: 13 March 2018, 16:35:59 »
That's what I was referring to.

OK. That would be personal that were on the field last battle and unit commanders.
The heroes of the hour kind of thing.
Some feel good time for the people here, hay look the major pain in the butt is not so much any more.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1413 on: 13 March 2018, 21:07:29 »
How many are recommended?

At least one from each unit, (more would be better) to appear on talk show circuit, press interviews, parties and photo ops
« Last Edit: 13 March 2018, 21:13:49 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1414 on: 14 March 2018, 15:48:34 »
Comstar AP News Service

It is sad to learn of the breakdown of the Star League. That which offered hope to humankind - and more importantly, to us, is now nothing but a shattered dream.
How could this happen? An institution that helped rid us of the vile evil known as Clan Smoke Jaguar?  That subdued the Nova Cats to become almost-citizens of the Dragon?
It is Coordinator Theodore's fault. His lack of fortitude and determination has failed the Combine.
How many loyal soldiers died under the Star League banner? Were they not deemed worthy enough to sail under such an honorable flag to help spearhead the removal of the Yellow Bird in the form of the Jaguar? Are the lives they gave on so many worlds - Luzerne, Schuyler, Byesville and more - worth nothing? They watered the Star League's soil with blood, and for what? So that the Coordinator can - dare I print it - betray the spirits of those honorable sons and daughters?
His abuse of the First Lordship's powers pales in comparison to his refusal to uphold the ideals of the Star League. We are no better than the gaijin around us. The demon spawn Victor can throwaway lives in a reckless attempt to seize his throne, because the hated Federated Suns do not value life or honor.
But we know better. And our Coordinator- who embodies the Dragon, no less! - should know better. Now our enemies view us as baseless cowards and we are weakened as a society. How can we look at ourselves every morning, knowing that our beloved Combine - our life - has been called into question? Are we a failure as a people? Do we share the shame of our Coordinator's inaction? How shall we carry this burden?
Perhaps a change is needed. Perhaps a new sun should rise. Or perhaps our "beloved" Coordinator needs to turn his eyes away from the Federated Suns' blinding glare and look back to our roots, our glory, our honor.
Shameful days have come. we should mourn the loss of honor and the ideals we have spurned. The Dragon weeps today. And I weep with it.

Editorial by an unknown author "erroneously printed" in " Plurality This Week" (Shimosuwa Cultural College), ed XII, vol iii Dec 3067

« Last Edit: 14 March 2018, 15:52:19 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1415 on: 14 March 2018, 16:09:54 »

Comstar AP News Service

THE DRAGON SPEAKS

The past few weeks have been trying to us all.
With the dissolution of the Star League, we are once again left alone in the stellar night. However, rest assured that we are not adrift.
We have come through much these past months and years, from outside enemies  and certain internal disruptions. The Ghost Bear raids. Minor attacks by disloyal members of the Federated Suns. The unfortunate passing of the Keeper of the House of Honor. The dashing of our hopes for economic growth and prosperity among the other Great Houses. Yet we survive. We are strong. Because we are the Dragon.
As we prepare for our future, know that the Dragon is stronger than it has ever been. I know this because I know the Dragon's strength is you, the glorious citizenry of the Combine. You have helped move the Dragon to new heights economically and militarily, and even in the troubled times of the Star League, the Dragon has held its head high because you believed. You are the purity, the honor, the shape of the Dragon.
Our honor is intact and will not be broken. our duty is clear: to remain a beacon to our neighbors, embodying the ideals and character of the Star League now departed.
As these crises pass, we will stand unbroken, unbent, by the waves that crash over us. I know this because I see the stoutness of heart in you, the people.
The Combine shall prevail in this uncertain future. Because we are the Dragon.

By cowardice struck
The Dragon sheds tears anew
Fire is rekindled.

Statement issued by Coordinator Theodore Kurita, 15 December 3067

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1416 on: 17 March 2018, 18:59:39 »

Comstar AP News Service
20 December 3067
Voice of the Dragon, Dieron

LUTHIEN BLACKOUT

Minister Tsuroi Chamberlain of the Ministry for communications (MinCom) briefly announced today a loss of communication from Luthien. "There is nothing to worry about, as the system was scheduled for a routine relay upgrade. Under normal circumstances, such upgrades only take the tranceiver offline for an hour or so, but in some cases errors may be found and need additional time to be corrected. This is the case here. Luthien received its last upgrade well over five years ago and is known to have some power connection issues, so this problem was not unanticipated.
"We assure the good citizens of Dieron that there is nothing unusual about this temporary loss of communication. Comstar has assured us that they will continue to take messages for Luthien as normal and will transmit them once the HPG comes back online in a day or so. In the meantime, MinCom will reimburse Combine Citizens and businesses twenty percent for all transmissions passing through the Luthien station for the inconvenience.
"Thank you for your understanding and patience in this matter. Any further questions may be directed to your local MinCom office."

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1417 on: 17 March 2018, 19:52:14 »

Comstar AP News Service

UPRISING ON LUTHIEN!

Citizens of the Dragon! The Imperial City's alleged communications upgrade is a lie. Luthien is under Seige!
The local militia force responsible has been identified as servants of the Black Dragon (Kokuryu-kai), a reactionary political movement targeted by the ISF in several purges since 3057. Reports of sporadic fighting in some areas continue to pour in, and many of the capital's key people are missing. The city is held hostage at this point and all communication in and out has been severed, except for broadcasts of anti-Kurita propaganda by the invading force.
We know little about the true purpose of this attack, so close on the heels of the Star League's disbanding as well as Tharkad's bombing. One cannot help but wonder at the timing of these events and speculate as to their connection. And as we were misled in the beginning- with Luthien's blackout officially attributed to a communication system upgrade- how can we trust any other reports glossed over by the Dragon's Voice?

Anonymous underground student pamphlet circulated on Benjamin, 25 December 3067

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1418 on: 17 March 2018, 21:30:45 »

Comstar AP News Service

LOYAL CITIZENS OF THE DRAGON, UNITE!

Citizens of the Combine, hear us!
Today we have done what honor has demanded ever since the collapse of the Second Star League. The fall of such a noble enterprise, bought and paid for with the Dragon's own blood, is the final evidence needed to show that our Coordinator has failed in his duty to safeguard the entirety of the Combine. Because of this failure, we have deemed it necessary to seize control of the Palace and of Luthien, and hold it in trust for the people until such time as worthy leadership arises.
It is the right and duty of the people to reject our Coordinator if we see that he has become tainted by the gaijin around him. Who better to show the error of his ways than the Order of Five Pillars, the embodiment of the Purity of the Dragon? Is it not right that in order to save the whole we must sacrifice part of the body?
Our pledge to you, loyal citizens, is that we will merely safeguard the Chrysanthemum Throne until the Dragon can reclaim his majesty and reject these new ways that threaten our existence, our purpose, our being.
Soldiers loyal to the Order and to the Kokuryu-kai are being deployed around Luthien to protect the Dragon from foreign infection. Cooperate with them. Love them. Honor them. They are the scalpel to the cancer of Theodore. They are the extension of the Dragon's will, if not the head.
We pledge to you our duty and honor to hold this world in trust for the Dragon's resurgence. We will fight for you and die for you, shedding our blood for your souls. Remember, Theodore and his evil spawn spilled the bloods of thousands of your fathers and sons for no noble cause, no honor, no sense of duty - only to fulfill the whims of the gaijin Davion and his poisonous family, to create more powerful enemies of the Dragon that threaten our very existence.
This day shall long be remembered as the Day the Dragon Returned. Celebrate! And wait with us as the true Dragon comes to reveal himself, to carry us forward into a brighter future!

Front page message on all Luthien press pieces 30 December 3067

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1419 on: 18 March 2018, 14:19:36 »
Just when I was feeling good about driving Caesar before me and hearing the lamentations of his women...the Black Dragons hit the fan.

Field Bonus
With the Governor's personal thanks each Unit on the field at the Gamma LZ will receive 5,000,000 Ryu (k-bill) and each of the personnel on the field will receive 5,000 Ryu
What is this in C-bills?  Also, does the 5,000 Ryu that the on-field personnel receive actually affect how much the players have in the bank?

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1420 on: 18 March 2018, 18:43:57 »
According to the lore, 1 K-Bill is equal to 0.8 C-Bills, so 5 million K-Bills=4 million C-Bills and the 5,000 Kills would equal 4,000 C-Bills.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1421 on: 18 March 2018, 19:00:00 »
Thanks. :thumbsup:

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1422 on: 18 March 2018, 23:42:51 »

1 Ryu = .94 c-bills

the bonus going to individual personnel does not effect unit funds

« Last Edit: 19 March 2018, 14:40:51 by eilidhdawn »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1423 on: 19 March 2018, 16:13:05 »
According to the lore, 1 K-Bill is equal to 0.8 C-Bills, so 5 million K-Bills=4 million C-Bills and the 5,000 Kills would equal 4,000 C-Bills.

This is the rate we are using

The personal reward is personal not a unit thing.

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1424 on: 19 March 2018, 20:11:37 »
Comstar AP News Service

COWARDICE!

Evil has befallen us! But the will of the Dragon remains steadfast!
The Word of Blake has taken it upon themselves to fulfill the plots of the gaijin Theodore and has attacked us as the Jaguars did on Edo. They light up the sky with fire and smoke, burning Luthien and attempting to scour the planet.
They do this under Theodoe's command! He has no honor and refuses to even address our grievances against him, so he sends his Blakist mercenary lapdogs. They will not face us on the field of honor; instead they bomb us from the sky, from space! They treat the Combine as the Jaguars did in their war of conquest only a generation ago!
We will not let them get away with such cowardice! Such lack of honor! Just as the Dragon did a mere few years ago, so we will do again. The Dragon will rise up and smite the money soldiers from the sky and from our Combine! We will eradicate them as we did the Jaguars - balanced on the edge of Hell, we will push them in alomg with us. Not with our swords, not with our duty, but with our honor - for our honor DEMANDS we resist, and show no mercy toward those who refuse to honor us.
Once the Blakist threat is removed, we will carry our rage to Theodore and demand his place on the mat before us so we can remove this vile cancer once and for all!
Resist, people of the Dragon!

Masthead story LUTHIEN TODAY, 12 January 3068

« Last Edit: 06 April 2018, 22:42:07 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1425 on: 19 March 2018, 21:20:25 »

Comstar AP News Service

Voice of the Dragon
Galedon V
16 January 3068

BETRAYAL AT THE DRAGON'S HEART

Officials in the Prefecture Government confirmed today that Luthien is under attack by dohi - rebel forces, and further complications have arisen from the arrival of a Word of Blake war fleet that has dispatched troops without authorization from the DCMS High Command.
Forces from the Kokuryu-kai dohi have seized the Unity Palace compound and declared the Coordinator unworthy of his position as leader of the citizenry. They have executed several members of the palace staff and captured Tai-sa Franklin Sakamoto, head of the Otomo after the assassination of Griffon Meshune in the opening hours of the sneak attack. These same individuals attempted to assassinate the Coordinator in 3058, the blessed Omi Kurita and her friend Victor Steiner-Davion, in 3060, and who instigated the Ghost Bear war on our border, which saw the needless deaths of many of the Dragon's sons and daughters.
Demanding to be heard the dohi seized the VOTD broadcast facility in the Imperial City and have been broadcasting their propaganda over the planetary communications networks. They demand that the Combine revert to the isolation of the early 31st century, reject the mercenaries assigned by the DCMS to protect certain worlds, and remove Theodore and his offspring from the Kurita bloodline "so that a true Kurita like the great Takashi may take the Dragon to its rightful place in the Inner Sphere." If these demands are not enacted, they threaten to plunge Luthien into a bloodbath "that rivals Kentares IV."
Within hours of that statement, a word of Blake war fleet arrived in orbit around the planet and has begun landing troops in key positions around Unity City. Spotty reports from sources in the DCMS describe the Word of Blake commander broadcasting his arrival "to assist the true forces of the Combine to reassert rightful control of the realm."
Regardless of the Blakists' intent, it is clear that the Kokuryu-kai dohi intend to turn Luthien into a slaughter of the innocent. Whether they are in collusion with the Butchers of Tharkad is in question - though the current actions of the Word of Blake Commander leave much to be desired. Until these actions can be understood, DCMS forces on and around Luthien will defend the Heart of the Dragon against ALL interlopers. To this end, Warlord Minamoto has declared a State of Emergency for the entire Pesht Prefecture until the Coordinator arrives in Combine space.
The warlord has asked the citizenry to remember the many sacrifices of the Dragon as they resist the unlawful demands of a minority of malcontents.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1426 on: 21 March 2018, 19:54:09 »
Field Bonus
With the Governor's personal thanks each Unit on the field at the Gamma LZ will receive 5,000,000 Ryu (k-bill) and each of the personnel on the field will receive 5,000 Ryu

as previously discussed the Governor will front the total of the bounties listed for Caesar, and this will be split between all the GSF Units evenly, minus ten percent to go to the Saganami Ichizoku coffers and the Parliamentary coffers (total to be determined by the gm)

Please determine which personnel will be available for PR and Press interviews

Joy Yorokobi
personal assistant
Chiji Chu-sa Meiyo Saganami

anyone of my people except for my bondsman can do interviews if they are properly preped

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1427 on: 21 March 2018, 20:01:19 »
I do list what salvage is on the field and normal has been the unit that got the kill got the salvage.
 This time out it is different as the kill shot came for the opfor.
I can do as asked no problem.
If the players want the salvage to go to certain units this can be done.
If the players just want to pool the items that works also. I will say that said pool items go to the unit need them at a given time.
Also you have 2 new units that will need a home.
They will want to work for the same command.
I will offer up that they go to the Ironborn as they are now down a much and the can use the armored unit as well.

i think this is a great idea i have no issue with Ironborn taking the mech and armored unit

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1428 on: 22 March 2018, 18:47:31 »
Everyone,
  Don't forget that we have alpha strike this weekend.  I have the air vs. ground rules printed out.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1429 on: 22 March 2018, 19:14:35 »
Everyone,
  Don't forget that we have alpha strike this weekend.  I have the air vs. ground rules printed out.

Got my flyswatter all packed and ready to go >:D

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1430 on: 23 March 2018, 08:03:47 »
Hi,

Sorry, change of plans, I can't make it there Sunday.  Have fun without me!

Thanks-
John
« Last Edit: 23 March 2018, 14:35:20 by ObnoxiousTwerp »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1431 on: 23 March 2018, 16:34:50 »
You will be missed.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1432 on: 06 April 2018, 14:45:32 »
OK time for part 3.  So time for you 3rd force to get some  :thumbsup:

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1433 on: 06 April 2018, 22:43:27 »
anyone of my people except for my bondsman can do interviews if they are properly preped

So how many of your people are participating?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1434 on: 07 April 2018, 08:19:12 »
I'll do the commander from each vehicle that participated, as well as the MechWarrior that was present.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1435 on: 08 April 2018, 18:00:07 »
From me, it'l be Tai-i Neville Rhodes, and Gunjin Daniel Cannon from the Blackjack Omni...

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1436 on: 10 April 2018, 15:41:08 »
Shadhawk,
  Can you tell me if any of my units are due for a skill improvement?

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1437 on: 15 April 2018, 15:56:21 »
Mechwarriors, vehicle crews, and infantry units improve one skill every six missions they complete or earn bonuses for every completed class at MAWS

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1438 on: 22 April 2018, 16:52:06 »
Thanks, eilidhdawn.

So, when is the next game?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1439 on: 23 April 2018, 14:52:31 »