Author Topic: New Theme/skin?  (Read 6537 times)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
New Theme/skin?
« on: 06 February 2011, 14:53:50 »
Are there still plans to do a skin/theme that is more Battletech themed or at least darker like the original forums?

deathshadow

• Lieutenant
  • Special Tasks Group
    • Cut Code Down - Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: New Theme/skin?
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2011, 15:45:06 »
It's on my plan -- I've been diverted slightly by other non-bt projects and after a week of burning the candle at both ends of getting us up and working, I needed some time away from the site so as to avoid burnout.

Right now the base template (on which all the different colored versions will be based) is about 60% complete. I should be continuing coding it later tonight once I get one of my paying clients all settled in with their new markup/css.
Death will take those who fight alone.
But united we can break a fate once set in stone.

CUTCODEDOWN.COM

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2011, 15:59:22 »
Thanks, Deathshadow. O0
Everyone here really appreciates all the hard work you put into the site.

Old Knight

• Sergeant
  • For honor and glory
« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2011, 19:56:42 »
Thanks, Deathshadow. O0
Everyone here really appreciates all the hard work you put into the site.
[notworthy] [notworthy]
It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal, engage them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.
All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 17 February 2011, 17:13:22 »
When you implement the planned new skin, will it come up automatically, or will I need to check under Look and Layout Preferences?

deathshadow

• Lieutenant
  • Special Tasks Group
« Reply #5 on: 18 February 2011, 07:58:53 »
When it's ready (at this point I'm not sure when that will be -- I've been waylaid by other projects) everyone will be switched to it automatically, though as always you will have the choice to switch to whatever skin you want here.

CUTCODEDOWN.COM

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 18 February 2011, 16:21:40 »
Thanks O0

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 18 February 2011, 22:36:08 »
Again, Thank You. I do not think we the forumites can thank you enough for the hard work you have put in for us over the years.
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #8 on: 18 February 2011, 22:47:51 »
I know it may be late pipe in, is there possibly to restoring the old hex map skin?  Miss that one.  Thanks.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Shijima_3085

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #9 on: 19 February 2011, 17:02:44 »
When it's ready (at this point I'm not sure when that will be -- I've been waylaid by other projects) everyone will be switched to it automatically, though as always you will have the choice to switch to whatever skin you want here.

No rush.  This is better than some other places I've been, and its always been about the contributors rather than the format.   :)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 08 May 2011, 11:45:04 »
Hi Deathshadow,
  Do you have a better idea of when the new theme/skin may be ready?  Also, could you restore the O0 emoticon to the from page of the reply page?
Thanks,
Jim
« Last Edit: 08 May 2011, 11:55:15 by jimdigris »

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2011, 11:50:17 »
The current Theme/Skin doesn't bother me all that much, but I have to agree the O0 needs to return to the front. Seriously.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 09 May 2011, 00:40:27 »
Thanks for work on the skins, DS.  Esp the blue one, if it comes back.  The lighter coloured ones are hard for me to look at for extended periods.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2011, 10:34:15 »
I'm still hopeing for an aerotech themed black and silver one. Also while I have no skills with programing, if there is any image work you need done, Deathshadow, send me a PM, and I'll get right on it.
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
« Reply #14 on: 11 June 2011, 10:51:19 »
Thanks to Martian for pointing this thread out to me. I had presumed the basic templates were tge only ones CGL were going to employ.

Any updates as to the intent to make the final template?

- Rev

deathshadow

• Lieutenant
  • Special Tasks Group
« Reply #15 on: 12 June 2011, 05:05:13 »
It's currently in Duke Nukem Forever status -- it's done when it's done. I am planning to launch it, but I'm holding off for the moment as there are other developments afoot...

CUTCODEDOWN.COM

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
  • Ah yes, the rabble and their "Medium Mechs"
« Reply #16 on: 12 June 2011, 08:25:36 »
It's currently in Duke Nukem Forever status -- it's done when it's done. I am planning to launch it, but I'm holding off for the moment as there are other developments afoot...

Chinese Democracy status then really. 15 years too late, and it's crap. (Hopefully not...)
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.
I knew this day would come! The day of the stapler men has arrived!

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
« Reply #17 on: 13 June 2011, 08:36:03 »

Thank you for letting us know.

- Rev

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #18 on: 15 July 2011, 11:01:58 »
I heartily reiterate the desire for a BT themed skin.

I was also wondering what the chances would be of returning the site to www.battletech.com vs www.classicbattletech.com.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
  • Justice will be delicious!!!
« Reply #19 on: 02 September 2011, 13:16:24 »

Anyway we could get a smf dark them thrown option in the mean time... my eyes are starting to burn.
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
Weirdo: Sounds like the proper reaction to a Macross Cannon to me.
Quote from: Weirdo
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #20 on: 02 September 2011, 14:12:45 »
Planned? Thing in stores.  The Demo isn't that great in my eyes.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 02 September 2011, 15:44:34 »
Anyway we could get a smf dark them thrown option in the mean time... my eyes are starting to burn.

If you use Firefox there's an add on called NoSquint that allows for the changing of background and text colors.

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 06 September 2011, 10:02:15 »
Which also stretches and resizes pages in ugly ways... globally...
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 06 September 2011, 11:46:06 »
The only global setting I use is a 120% Full Zoom (I have cataracts and that helps me see without making it go all wonky). Right click on the magnifier symbol at the bottom right of the window to bring up the menu. Do not use Global Settings (Sorry, should have mentioned that, but I wasn't sure if it was just my computer acting wonky or something else).
 Use Site Settings to set background and text colors. Note that even though I did not check the Disable background images box, there are sites that I can't see pictures on. On Ebay I can see thumbnails, but not the enlarged pictures. This site does not give me problems seeing pictures. Reaper is weird, I can see some big pictures, but not all of them.

Hopefully, this will help. If not, I think Chrome has a similar feature.

HikageMaru

• Captain
  • The Capellans are not evil.
« Reply #24 on: 05 October 2011, 11:56:44 »
I have gotten rather used to this skin, but if we're going to eventually turn to a Battletech-themed skin, I recommend a theme in black and green and gold... with am arm holding a sword on a triangle... and maybe "Long Live the Confederation" across the top.  Just a suggestion....

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 28 October 2011, 12:36:30 »
So with the transfer to whoever... I'm guessing we're stuck with this theme?

Register