Author Topic: (Answered) SLDF Affiliation  (Read 3376 times)

Maelwys

• Major
(Answered) SLDF Affiliation
« on: 11 June 2015, 16:17:53 »
In Era Report 3062, there's an Affiliation for the Second Star League. Its an Affiliation that's added on to your primary Affiliation, much like ComStar/WoB.

However, there doesn't seem to be a similar Affiliation for the First Star League in Era Report 2750.

Is this on purpose? And if so, why so? And how should you handle characters that join the SLDF?
« Last Edit: 31 March 2017, 15:31:02 by Xotl »

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: SLDF Affilition
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2017, 12:31:53 »
1. Yes, this is on purpose.
2. The why is for fluff differences between the 1st and 2nd SL.
3. Please expand on your last question. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, an example would be helpful.

Paul
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Maelwys

• Major
Re: SLDF Affiliation
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2017, 21:40:16 »
3. Please expand on your last question. I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, an example would be helpful.

Well, it just seems strange. I mean, in the Second Star League Affiliation from ER3062 you get Protocol/SLDF, and some Reputation and other traits/skills.

With ER2750 however, there's really nothing. There's a new module, and you have the choice to take the ToD: Clan module, replacing the Bloodname points with Rank points,but other than that...there's not really anything to indicate that you've gone over to the SLDF.

It just seemed rather strange in comparison between the two. I know the two Star Leagues aren't the same, so the two being exactly the same is pretty unlikely, but I figured it was worth a question or two.

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: SLDF Affiliation
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2017, 14:50:29 »
Yes, there's too much of a difference between the two time periods for a lot of similarities to exist.

Paul
The solution is just ignore Paul.