Author Topic: ilClan Enclave/Embassy on Terra  (Read 2801 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
ilClan Enclave/Embassy on Terra
« on: 08 September 2021, 10:03:14 »
Another topic sort of raised this question, and I figured it would be a fun one to toss about . . .

For the Snow Ravens, Ghost Bears, Sea Foxes, Hell's Horses (heh), Spirit/Nova Cats, and Smoke Jaguars . . . maybe Goliath Scorpions . . . if they were granted enclaves on Terra like the Clans had on Strana Mechty, where would those enclaves be?  would it change if they wanted to introduce their totem into their enclave's boundaries?

I figure the Jade Falcons would get Scotland . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
Re: ilClan Enclave/Embassy on Terra
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2021, 10:09:52 »
The Sea Foxes would not take a whole continent for their enclave.  They would take smaller to mid sized Islands that are located close to major population centers.

Japan and Newfoundland would be the Sea Fox enclaves.  The sun never sets on the Sea Foxes...

Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2021, 10:11:44 »
The Ghost Bears would probably have a base in Churchill, Manitoba.  No Ghost Bears but Polar Bears aplenty (as long as we haven’t wiped them out in the last thousand years.)

The Spirit Cats would probably locate historical locations in Asia to reconnect with their spiritual history.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2021, 10:13:49 by CJC070 »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2021, 10:14:44 »
Lol, I figured the Ghost Bears might BRING Ghost Bears to Terra . . . maybe not introduce them to the north but what about the south pole?  could they live off penguins?

Only totem I do not know making it to the IS would be the Smoke Jaguar, they never brought them to the OZ afaik and the group headed to Wayside did not bring any IIRC.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sani_2341

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 08 September 2021, 11:10:43 »
The Sea Foxes would not take a whole continent for their enclave.  They would take smaller to mid sized Islands that are located close to major population centers.

Japan and Newfoundland would be the Sea Fox enclaves.  The sun never sets on the Sea Foxes...
Yeah, maybe some of the canary islands, some bits of new zealand and hawai as well to have mini-enclaves close to all continents.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #5 on: 08 September 2021, 11:23:46 »
Sea Fox enclaves are the famous Terran ports/trade centers?

Throw the Foxes a bone and each Khanate gets to pick one trade center for their enclave/embassy then.

Colt Ward

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #6 on: 08 September 2021, 14:58:26 »
Honestly I see the Wolves allowing a Embassy on Terra. In Geneva and in a small compound that they can use when there Khans are visiting Terra for a Grand Council meeting. The Wolves would not give up a inch of Terra to another Clan.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2021, 16:41:16 by Stormlion1 »
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #7 on: 08 September 2021, 15:45:37 »
Honestly I seethe Wolves allowing a Embassy on Terra. In Geneva and in a small compound that they can use when there Khans are visiting Terra for a Grand Council meeting. The Wolves would not give up a inch of Terra to another Clan.

I think they'll give the Clans enclaves but it'll be a base and that's about it.  They'll also likely allow Clan warriors to go anywhere so they are reminded who the ilClan is
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 08 September 2021, 15:59:11 »
I could see them setting up embassies or small enclaves in the region surrounding the Court of the Star League.  I don't think that Geneva is even close to a candidate considering the degree of damage.

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 08 September 2021, 16:34:50 »
I don't know if Scandinavia has any war industry or other military items of note, but I could see the Ghost Bears / Dominion wanting the place for sentimental reasons. If they play a decisive role in the foreshadowed battle with the Capellans, they may get or demand it as payment for their aid. Perhaps on future Terran maps there could be a funnel-shaped enclave covering the Arctic and Scandinavia.

Honestly I seethe Wolves allowing a Embassy on Terra. In Geneva and in a small compound that they can use when there Khans are visiting Terra for a Grand Council meeting. The Wolves would not give up a inch of Terra to another Clan.

I think they'll give the Clans enclaves but it'll be a base and that's about it.  They'll also likely allow Clan warriors to go anywhere so they are reminded who the ilClan is

That may be the Wolves' preference at first. Whether they can keep that up in the long run might be a different story. Depends on how badly they need the other Clans and how much those Clans want a slice of humanity's birthworld.
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 08 September 2021, 16:43:55 »
I don't know if Scandinavia has any war industry or other military items of note, but I could see the Ghost Bears / Dominion wanting the place for sentimental reasons. If they play a decisive role in the foreshadowed battle with the Capellans, they may get or demand it as payment for their aid. Perhaps on future Terran maps there could be a funnel-shaped enclave covering the Arctic and Scandinavia.

That may be the Wolves' preference at first. Whether they can keep that up in the long run might be a different story. Depends on how badly they need the other Clans and how much those Clans want a slice of humanity's birthworld.

Part of the issue is the Clans are a 'take it by force' kind of culture. The Wolves wont give away what they fought for. The Bears might trial for something. And the Wolves will bid there whole Clan onworld to defend it. Terra is theres by right of conquest.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #11 on: 08 September 2021, 16:53:19 »
None of the size, IIRC, of the enclaves were fought over on Strana Mechty and they were given to each Clan.  The Spirits even kept theirs when they lost almost everything but York to the Burrocks.  Clans did trial for production but custom seemed to dictate that Strana Mechty enclaves were inviolate until the Wars of Reaving.
Colt Ward

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #12 on: 08 September 2021, 17:05:21 »
I could see the Sea Foxes trialing for Japan, Newfoundland,  Ireland, or Madagascar.   Edit: But I imagine the Wolves would also demand a special IlClan discount on war materials in exchange for a fair trial. 

I could also see them introducing sea foxes into the Terran oceans.
« Last Edit: 08 September 2021, 17:09:54 by rebs »

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Dahmin_Toran

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 08 September 2021, 19:34:05 »
I wonder if they would allow Homeworld Clans to participate as well.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 08 September 2021, 19:36:49 »
I wonder if they would allow Homeworld Clans to participate as well.

The homies kicked everyone out. Neither side recognizes the other. Plus no homies is the motto right now.

I don’t see CW in a position to demand anything. If the ghost bears came and said we need something on terra they can’t conceivably refuse.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 08 September 2021, 20:06:02 »
Wolf Loremaster to the Ilkhan on the question of where the clan enclaves will be. 

To the moon, Alaric, to the moon!

(It sounded funnier in my head)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #16 on: 09 September 2021, 06:46:50 »
The homies kicked everyone out. Neither side recognizes the other. Plus no homies is the motto right now.

I don’t see CW in a position to demand anything. If the ghost bears came and said we need something on terra they can’t conceivably refuse.

I can see the Wolves bidding there warships to the defense. And there just might be the firepower needed to hold a invading Clan off. Even a Leviathan.

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 09 September 2021, 07:46:57 »
Didn't the Wolves allow the Falcons to keep what they took? if so there you go multiple Clans controlling Terra, it could just be that simple.

I don't think the Fox's, Ravens, Horses or the Bears will get anything on Terra at least for a while, if at all. We know from the Dev's that there's going to be some cultural evolution going on, some of them might not even exist as anything even remotely Clan by the time they emerge and with that will Alaric even recognise them as Clan and use that as an excuse to stop them having something on Terra. That's if Alaric doesn't do a "I'm now to important to have trials held against me" again compleat with stamping his feet and shaking his arms like a 5 year old having a tantrum.
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #18 on: 09 September 2021, 09:04:07 »
We do not see any territorial divisions post ilClan Trial IIRC.  All the scenes after take place in Star League City or environs I think.
Colt Ward

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #19 on: 09 September 2021, 17:39:35 »
Didn't the Wolves allow the Falcons to keep what they took? if so there you go multiple Clans controlling Terra, it could just be that simple.

I don't think the Fox's, Ravens, Horses or the Bears will get anything on Terra at least for a while, if at all. We know from the Dev's that there's going to be some cultural evolution going on, some of them might not even exist as anything even remotely Clan by the time they emerge and with that will Alaric even recognise them as Clan and use that as an excuse to stop them having something on Terra. That's if Alaric doesn't do a "I'm now to important to have trials held against me" again compleat with stamping his feet and shaking his arms like a 5 year old having a tantrum.

I dont think the Falcons kept any gains. The final fight was for the whole shebang. All of Terra. Lock, stock, and barrel.

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: 10 September 2021, 03:53:55 »
Just out of curiosity: does Unity City still exist? From what I understand is that the city is basically a ruin and the court of the Star League is sealed off never to be opened again (aside from that one crazy Primus who opened it once). Wouldn't that make for a good neutral ground? Strana Mechty was hold equally by all Clans and the Conclave was a neutral meeting ground. Though I doubt the Wolves will share anything from Terra lest the other Clans come knocking.

cobaltcoil

• Sergeant
  • Cry Havoc and Let Loose the Wolves/Coyotes of War
« Reply #21 on: 10 September 2021, 04:14:18 »
Just out of curiosity: does Unity City still exist? From what I understand is that the city is basically a ruin and the court of the Star League is sealed off never to be opened again (aside from that one crazy Primus who opened it once). Wouldn't that make for a good neutral ground? Strana Mechty was hold equally by all Clans and the Conclave was a neutral meeting ground. Though I doubt the Wolves will share anything from Terra lest the other Clans come knocking.

That was addressed in Hour of the Wolf, and was also touched upon in the IlClan Sourcebook....About Unity City and The Court of The Star League....

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 10 September 2021, 09:41:09 »
I guess Alaric's ideal setup would be a dorm room in the back yard of the IlKhan's seat for the ambassadors to lodge and a loudspeaker on the wall for him to dispense negotiations and agreements to them.
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #23 on: 10 September 2021, 14:01:27 »
I dont think the Falcons kept any gains. The final fight was for the whole shebang. All of Terra. Lock, stock, and barrel.

The trial was to determine who would be ilClan and not necessarily about who controls Terra. I asked in two AMAs and didn't get an answer if the Jade Falcons get to keep any territory in the Terran system that they captured from the RoS.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #24 on: 10 September 2021, 14:14:58 »
TPTB have got our attention though.  We have to wait and see what the Falcons have.  They stand to loose the most in the coming products.  They may need North America.   They may need the planets near Terra that they took as well, but that's for a different thread.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #25 on: 11 September 2021, 13:47:42 »
Falcons took such a pounding that they had around 100 warriors left. I doubt there holding a small hamlet in the Rockies right now.

Metallgewitter

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: 11 September 2021, 18:55:54 »
TPTB have got our attention though.  We have to wait and see what the Falcons have.  They stand to loose the most in the coming products.  They may need North America.   They may need the planets near Terra that they took as well, but that's for a different thread.

Turning the Falcons into Canadians (there is a joke that the US turned more Canadian in one of the Jihad books) would actually be kinda funny.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #27 on: 13 September 2021, 10:10:48 »
Falcons took such a pounding that they had around 100 warriors left. I doubt there holding a small hamlet in the Rockies right now.

They have more than 100 warriors- just do the math on their warships let alone assault/PWS dropships- that scene was horrible
Colt Ward

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #28 on: 14 September 2021, 18:06:21 »
They have more than 100 warriors- just do the math on their warships let alone assault/PWS dropships- that scene was horrible

Ok, change what I wrote to 100 Bloodnamed Warriors. And in a Clan like the Jade Falcons there the only ones gonna count. Of course after the fighting a lot of Bloodnames are going to be opened up for new warriors to gain. And a few may even be raved for failures on Terra.

Register