Author Topic: Heroscape is coming back! (That means the tiles too!)  (Read 5935 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Re: Heroscape is coming back! (That means the tiles too!)
« Reply #30 on: 20 November 2022, 17:00:16 »
It's a good start.

(Aside: I'd been meaning to get a neoprene map with 8cm hexes so I could do a proper Catan set-up with Seafarers.  And one with 4.5 inch hexes for BattleTech properly scaled to the Mech minis.

That hasn't worked out.)
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 20 November 2022, 21:18:15 »
If I recall, I thought they had done a limited run of DnD figures, once, too.

Yes they did.  Marked the beginning of the end for Scape.  Hasbro realized the game had become more than just something they dropped in the toy aisle and forget about.  The fan run tournaments were becoming sizable events at gencon.  They figured it would be better off in the care of the recently bought Wizards of the Coast.  The powers to be at WotC went, "what the hell?  This isn't D&D or Magic!" and then promptly tanked the game.  Many of the game's final minis were just re-based figures from the recently dead D&D skirmish game.  It's really obvious which were too because they're in a clearly different scale than the rest of the Heroscape minis.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #32 on: 20 November 2022, 22:03:20 »
I thought so.  I was hoping to get those to fill in my collection, but I missed out.
Between myself and two other friends, we had almost the whole collection, sans the DnD figures.  One guy even had the Marvel Box. 

And, what's really neat is that the dice system was that used in the old HeroQuest game, but streamlined on the dice.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

deogg

• Recruit
  • #TheTapperOfTomorrow
    • My YouTube channel: Tapper Dan
« Reply #33 on: 16 April 2023, 21:29:36 »
Just as a heads up, the Magic: The Gathering board games use some Heroscape tiles in them. Nowhere near as many as what comes in a Heroscape boxed set, but it's something.
"You ain't seen the best of me yet. Give me time, I'll make you forget the rest."

Register