Author Topic: Junkball Conversions - The Vault  (Read 1193 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Junkball Conversions - The Vault
« on: 14 March 2023, 20:53:42 »
The Vault is a central stronghold that offers a heightened covered bastion from which infantry can make a last stand against an encroaching foe.  The vault proper has no ready access from the outside save through the upper bastion.  The only way into the vault is through a subterranean tunnel.  The vault will usually be protected by 4 to 6 watch-towers with heavy weaponry, including AA emplacements.

Design:  I found some old bait containers near the river shore on an archaeological survey, and I immediately saw the makings of one or more buildings.  I initially thought of turning the lid into an upraised square/park/fountain platform, but then I flipped it over and put it on the bottom, and this is the final result.  The bait container was green Styrofoam, so I had to do a lot of brush painting, starting with a dark gray and then working my way up through the grays to a near white.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Junkball Conversions - The Vault
« Reply #1 on: 14 March 2023, 20:56:00 »
Nicely done!  :thumbsup: