Author Topic: Randis lost tech cache contents  (Read 8253 times)

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
Randis lost tech cache contents
« on: 08 March 2020, 13:33:25 »
Other than the Rampages, is there any info on what the Brotherhood found?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Randis lost tech cache contents
« Reply #1 on: 09 March 2020, 11:13:33 »
Where did they find them?  To be honest it sounds like they found a OA/TC cache . . .

Another thing to link in might be they eventually build the Hawkwolf . . . granted the first one has some primitive components, but it could be a start.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #2 on: 09 March 2020, 14:14:15 »
While the Brotherhood of Randis is the group that obtained the Cache, the Cache site was on Antallos, out on the OA/DC periphery region. Specifically Antallos III, aka Port Krin. in 3051 they fought Fuchida's Fusiliers (a merc unit that had just recently left Fedcom service to go pirate) for the site, described as an SLDF cache. the site apparently had, in addition to several Rampages and other RWR mechs, a large number of Age of War designs.

at least, according to the Sarna entires referrign to the event. sources listed for them are the Periphery sourcebooks, both the old one and the newer 2nd edition one, as well as Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2. not sure what details are from what, though i'd guess the details of the cache came from ISP2 since rampages and "age of war" didn't exist as concepts yet when the two periphery books mentioned came out.

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 09 March 2020, 15:53:58 »
I have this wonderful vision of some Knight of Randis running around in a Mackie-9H.... oh the wonderful Mackie.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #4 on: 09 March 2020, 16:14:27 »
well, it would fit with the known contents.

honestly that cache has me intrigued.. it is listed as an SLDF cache, but it gives out RWR and pre-Star League hardware. and it is literally on the other side of the IS from the old RWR.

there has got to be an interesting story there.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 09 March 2020, 16:22:01 »
The RWR did bankroll the other periphery states leading up to the second uprising.  Perhaps these came from a small shipment that was seized in transit, written off as pirates or small rime smugglers?
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #6 on: 09 March 2020, 16:58:24 »
Yeah, the other periphery powers ending up with RWR mechs and even warships like the Pintos tells me Aramis had no problems shipping off old/surplus to prop up his patsies . . .

To me, anything from that era up to the Uprising is possible.

Heck, a real kick would have been if it was a cache of Pitcairn equipment left behind as part of the fiction of those 'volunteer' regiments.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 09 March 2020, 17:07:42 »
Or was it captured RWR kit that the SLDF cached as they prepped for or executed Exodus?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #8 on: 09 March 2020, 17:28:42 »
*snip*
at least, according to the Sarna entires referrign to the event. sources listed for them are the Periphery sourcebooks, both the old one and the newer 2nd edition one, as well as Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2. not sure what details are from what, though i'd guess the details of the cache came from ISP2 since rampages and "age of war" didn't exist as concepts yet when the two periphery books mentioned came out.
I'm pretty sure the concept of the "Age of War" existed quite early in real time.  But you're right about actual designs from that era...

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 09 March 2020, 19:51:53 »
Sarna says, 
"The Antallos system was settled in 2764 as a joint venture by companies from the Draconis Combine, Federated Suns, Outworlds Alliance and Terran Hegemony, with the intention that the system would serve as a Star League trading post."
It also calls the cache a Star League era cache so it could have been built by any one of those groups. That it had RWR mechs makes me think that Amaris had taken it over at one point. I'm not sure about the Age of War mechs. I can think of a few reasons, mostly do to Amaris. It'd depend on the tech of the Mechs though. I know the Terran Hegemony like to continue to use and upgrade their old AoW designs. 

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 10 March 2020, 17:37:47 »
FM Periphery also states they have enough "Star League-era machines" to outfit more then half of their number.

Given at the time they have 30 Mechs, of which 2 are Clan OmniMechs, that puts the numbers of mechs in the cache to around 16-18 I would say. Given they say more then half, but not something like 2/3rds or something.

Jihad Conspiracies also says "What they pulled out of that cache
included some star league-era machines, but many were reportedly
Rim Worlds ‘Mechs that got upgraded when amaris held the
Terran Hegemony. There were even some mothballed machines
left over from the age of War. but there weren’t enough for the
entire brotherhood"

If I had to guess... it was a cache made by an ex-RWR/Amaris Empire unit that fled during CHIEFTAIN/LIBERATION and cached their gear.
« Last Edit: 10 March 2020, 17:45:28 by VhenRa »

Drewbacca

• Major
« Reply #11 on: 11 March 2020, 05:32:02 »
That is what I have been thinking lately as well. Which means no Mackie as the Rim Worlders came to HATE that mech.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #12 on: 11 March 2020, 05:37:22 »
It may have been one of Amaris' "revenge bunkers," as seen on Gutara V in "Last Stop."  Chock full of gear intended to support an insurgency in the event that he lost the main war.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 22 April 2020, 23:53:53 »
I think that the master units list for Rim Worlds Home Guard, Terran Hegemony & Regular Star League would be a good lists to work from. RAT's from Historical Reunification war I think would pass muster for age of war mechs if you have it.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: 23 May 2020, 12:10:20 »
I came way too late to the party.

We have confirmation that were "SL era" machines, and that the Rampages is a rumor semi-confirmed by an old (and probably crazy) Antallos tech prospector. We know the BoR have a Wyvern from that cache that was used to slow-down the Fusilers while the rest of the Brotherhood emptied the place.

The old rules suggested replacing two rolls form the General periphery RATs for CS/WoB RATs, so that suggest heavy use of Regular SL stuff. Blackjack`s suggestion is also good.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Register