Author Topic: Alexia Wolf- what ride?  (Read 6723 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Alexia Wolf- what ride?
« on: 21 September 2021, 12:25:06 »
One of the MWDA mechs that sits on my desk as a show figure is the MWDA's Stormhammer Rifleman 8D . . . one of first mechs I really liked that I pulled, the color scheme just looks great.  I have a few BT minis that I am going to try to paint up as specific people- Trenton Marik w/ a new KS Rifleman, a Hellbringer M as saKhan Marco Hall, already have a Natasha Kerensky in her Widowmaker, and I figured I would try my hand at doing the Stormhammer scheme, even if the logo does not appeal as much, b/c I just like the colors.

But it will not be Jasek in his Templar III (though I just saw AoD gives him a med mech?  we never saw him in that?), and AoD has a Stormhammers assault mechwarrior with a Hauptman and Hellstar, though it also has the Ursa, Thunderfox, and Blade.  The one Clan warrior- a 'Wolf'- pilots a Clan Omni, a Kit Fox . . .

AFAIK, Alexia Wolf's mech never gets spelled out.  Alexia Wolf was charismatic enough that when the freeborn left Arc Royal she brought another Wolf freeborn (and his mech?) and a disabled Kell Hound mechwarrior who turned tanker if no one else in the fiction.  But with what was available to the Republic in that Prefecture, from Hastati/Principes/Triarii/Standing Guard, what would the Tharkan Striker's CO & Jasek's SO run?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
Re: Alexia Wolf- what ride?
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2021, 20:44:48 »
man, I don't even REMEMBER her- did she die?

-smh- I have no idea on her ride, tho, but it'd be a fun easter egg to discover down the road!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2021, 21:28:55 »
Not that we know- Tamara Duke who piloted a Wolfhound and thought she was special did die on Skye I think.  But Alexia was there with him till the end of the MWDA boosk he appeared in.  No mention of her in Bonfire- but to be fair nothing beyond the unit name was mentioned- or in the novella of his death.

She was a freebirth, so the whole thing would not have repulsed her . . . I figure if there is a future Kelswa-Steiner, she is the source.

As a regimental commander, she can have her pick of rides- and there are some fun ones in MWDA, but the question is what?  Warhammer IIC 4, one of the flagship mechs of the game?  A Mad Cat MK II E, something appropriate for a commander?  Go to the Stormhammers (supposed) Republic roots and give her a Lament- it would look awesome in that blue & gray scheme.  Or old school Wolf- a Gargoyle to keep her in a Omni like the other Warden Wolf she brought over.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2021, 18:04:01 »
Funny, I was just researching this earlier today and noticed your post. I would love to know the answer as well. Seems like Blood of the Isle might have the answer? 

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2022, 11:26:23 »
WELL . . . latest epub release answered my own questions.  Alexia Wolf pilots a apparently customized Uziel 2S, has the PPCs but from a talk with a tech it seems it might have some other work.  The tech talked about a targeting computer interface taking a few seconds longer to lock than it should, though no indication if that was a actual TC or the normal T&T system.

She apparently joined the Steel Wolves after Skye, though I have not finished re-reading the book yet so we will see if she heads back.
Colt Ward

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2022, 11:34:59 »
I can't wait to see how the 'Mech turns out!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2022, 12:30:18 »
Memory keeps screaming at me that she drove a Jupiter, but it's entirely possible that 1) I'm thinking of a different Wolf warrior, and 2) I have a history of head trauma that causes me to think stupid things on a regular basis.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2022, 12:55:58 »
Nah, listed as the Uziel 2S . . . which is just so strange considering what folks who followed her from the Warden Wolves used.  She went toe to toe with Thad Marik in his Warhammer IIC 4, so I want to say she does not have a stock Uziel.

The only female I know of that drove a Jupiter was the pixie from Oriente, and appeared for a few chapters in Surrender Your Dreams.  Only other Jupiter as a ride I recall was One-Eyed.
Colt Ward

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2022, 10:24:34 »
Verena piloted (and died in) a Jupiter.
« Last Edit: 21 February 2022, 13:13:16 by Fat Guy »
I have spoken.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2022, 10:27:11 »
Was it?  I keep thinking of her in Alaric's old Timber Wolf- which is what he captured her in as he retook his place in the Crusader Wolf touman.  Trying to remember what she was running before that as a merc company commander . . . Centurion?  Pretty sure she did not leave the Steel Wolves with a mech either.
Colt Ward

Savage Coyote

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • 저는 미술 선생님 입니다.
« Reply #10 on: 19 April 2022, 10:36:28 »
I'm reading Blood of the Isle right now and so far she piloted an Uziel with PPC's while she went to Glengarry with McKinnon (K3 Atlas) and then is using a Catapult during Skye, Round II.  We'll see if she's in anything else before the book ends...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #11 on: 19 April 2022, 10:58:21 »
When she went on to the Wolf Hunters she was back in the Uziel- squared off with Thad Marik in his Warhammer IIC 4, giving about as good as she got considering the disparity.

Reminds me I do not have Blood of the Isle, have to snag that as ebook.
Colt Ward

Register