Author Topic: 3050 Omnis by weight class- Your tops per ton  (Read 7691 times)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
Re: 3050 Omnis by weight class- Your tops per ton
« Reply #30 on: 14 October 2014, 12:58:35 »
In order from best to worst (my preference).

Light - Fire Moth, Kit Fox, Mist Lynx, Adder
Medium - Stormcrow, Nova, Viper, Ice Ferret
Heavy - Mad Dog, Hellbringer, Summoner, Timber Wolf
Assault - Executioner, Warhawk, Dire Wolf, Gargoyle

I use lights and mediums the most, being Clan Burrock.  Specifically the Nova, Stormcrow, Kit Fox, Mist Lynx, and Fire Moth.  When I need heavy firepower, I got with the Mad Dog, Hellbringer, Warhawk, and Executioner.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

phoenixalpha

• Warrant Officer
  • For God, Prince Davion & the Federated Suns
« Reply #31 on: 14 October 2014, 13:19:37 »
Its pretty easy for me.

Light : Adder - The firepower of a 3025 heavy with the speed of a 3025 light and a tarcomp? Sign me up now.
Medium : Nova - Whats not to love about 12 ERML, when the numbers are right, this one will just melt you down in one salvo (and shut down too but hey... its not perfect).
Heavy : Timber Wolf - The firepower of a Warhammer & an Archer in one chassis and moves faster than both? Simples.
Assault : Warhawk - Hey... its an Awesome turned up to 11. 4 ER PPC and a tarcomp? Ok so its not gonna keep going with all 4 every turn but that's what bracketing fire is for.

wellspring

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 14 October 2014, 14:39:10 »
Light: Fire Moth.  This little guy is stupid fast and can pack quite a punch, especially once the H comes around.  The thin armor is a problem, but the other lights are huge messes so the decision is very easy.

Medium: Viper.  This is one of my favorite designs of all time and one of the best designed 'Mechs in the book so it easily beats out the Stormcrow for this slot.  The combination of great speed, Jump Jets, good armor, and enough pod space to do some serious damage make this little nightmare in the right hands.  Really its only shortcoming is the use of fixed jets which limits its flexibility some, although the extra mobility is usually useful on such a fast design so this is never more than a mild annoyance.

Heavy: Timber Wolf I guess.  I am honestly not a huge fan of any of the heavies (or heavy-like designs outside the weight band), but given that everything in TRO 3050 from 50 to 80 tons (along with a few of the lights #P) can basically be described as "like the Timber Wolf, but worse" I feel like I have to give it this slot.

Assault: Dire Wolf.  When I go for an assault, I want it to smash things and nothing smashes things as well as the Dire Wolf in any era.  It is just a giant pile of guns and armor which is exactly what I want in an assault.  I have other units for jobs requiring finesse which can work to set things up for the big guy so there is no need for any more speed on my assault element, I will just time my operations around the plodding Dire Wolf and let its massive arsenal carry the day when it gets to the objective.

I knew before the page had even loaded that I'd be +1ing Diablo48's selections. I totally 100% agree, with the caveat that I like the Timber Wolf unreservedly. Iconic design, both stat-wise and visually.

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 14 October 2014, 20:27:11 »
I knew before the page had even loaded that I'd be +1ing Diablo48's selections. I totally 100% agree, with the caveat that I like the Timber Wolf unreservedly. Iconic design, both stat-wise and visually.

Thanks, and the Timber Wolf is most definitely a fantastic design, I just prefer to run more lopsided designs and use their different strengths and weaknesses to complement each other so I rarely use anything between 4/6/4 and 8/12/0.

Strangely, the closest I get to a heavy cav design I am willing to use is the terrible Hellbringer, but that is more a case of letting other people have the better designs while I relegate the deathtrap to artillery duty.

Wow, that is a hot running list right there.  I can just tell you are one of those people who murders everyone with the 3025 Rifleman even after they start upgrading with Star League tech.  It is not at all my cup of tea, but I know better than to doubt the effectiveness of sufficient insanity in those kinds of designs.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Spartan117

• Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 24 October 2014, 10:34:54 »
Light: Not a fan of any of these to be honest but I will take the Puma
Medium: Dragonfly(because it is evil >:D), but I love all 4 and use them often
Heavy: Mad Cat, but the Thor is a close second I enjoy using it more than a Wolf player should
Assault: Daishi, that being said I think the Masakari is interchangeable with it

Gäiten

• Warrant Officer
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #35 on: 26 October 2014, 14:40:05 »
Light: Adder
Medium: Stormcrow
Heavy: Summoner
Assault: Direwolf

reppa

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 27 October 2014, 21:36:26 »
Light -- Mist Lynx
Medium -- Nova
Heavy -- Mad Dog
Assault -- none; I rarely use assaults, if I do, Warhawk...

Akira213

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 28 October 2014, 06:13:08 »
light: to bo honest : none. Adder and Kit Fox lack speed, Mist Lynx lacks firepower and Fire Moth is so extremly specialized. If I really, really had to choose one, I'd go with the Adder. Most firepower, most armor and a Wolf design (and I consider myself as a proud Crusader Wolf of that era).

medium: Nova Prime by a very long shot. It was the first Omni I rode, the very first Record Sheet I called my own and one of the first Mini I bought back in the day. And it will always be in my personal top three BattleMech list of all times.

heavy: As a Wolf there is only one choice for me.

assault: Dire Wolf. Obviously I like raw firepower ;) One of the few good things Ulric did was getting that design back to the Wolves. And the Thunder-and-Lightning-Executioner-B has also a special place in my heart.
"What should I want in heaven when all my best friends burn in hell..."

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #38 on: 28 October 2014, 07:46:50 »

Linebacker it is
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Akira213

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: 28 October 2014, 09:43:07 »
*points at the topic*
:p

Leave me alone with that Linebacker crap. Obviously even Wolf scientists sometimes make mistakes.
... could blame Society though !!

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #40 on: 28 October 2014, 13:34:50 »
Puma
Ryoken
Mad Cat
Daishi

And it's only a coincidence they all happen to be the heaviest of each weight class. They also happen to be the best of each weight class.
I have spoken.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #41 on: 28 October 2014, 22:36:16 »
Linebacker it is

When are we going to get the rest of the Football team, anyway?  Get on that, Clan Wolf.  Both of ya.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

WarMonkey

• Master Sergeant
  • Beware the might of the Falcon, freebirths!
« Reply #42 on: 29 October 2014, 07:54:21 »
When are we going to get the rest of the Football team, anyway?  Get on that, Clan Wolf.  Both of ya.

;D  ;D

I would love to see a 'Fullback'!  :))

'Nose Guard' would be awesome, too!

Or how about 'Place Kicker'? :D  :D
Winning......it beats losing!

Aidan Pryde is my hero!

SeeM

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: 01 November 2014, 14:39:52 »
Light:  Kit Fox
Medium: Nova
Heavy: Summoner
Assault: Warhawk

I like mobility, so it would be my list, too. 3/4 pilots that easily can go 7-8 hexes per turn with armament capable of doing 20-30 damage without overheat? Yes, please.
(+)

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #44 on: 01 November 2014, 14:44:07 »
light: to bo honest : none. Adder and Kit Fox lack speed, Mist Lynx lacks firepower and Fire Moth is so extremly specialized. If I really, really had to choose one, I'd go with the Adder. Most firepower, most armor and a Wolf design (and I consider myself as a proud Crusader Wolf of that era).

medium: Nova Prime by a very long shot. It was the first Omni I rode, the very first Record Sheet I called my own and one of the first Mini I bought back in the day. And it will always be in my personal top three BattleMech list of all times.

assault: Dire Wolf. Obviously I like raw firepower ;) One of the few good things Ulric did was getting that design back to the Wolves. And the Thunder-and-Lightning-Executioner-B has also a special place in my heart.

The Adder is not a Wolf design... they did like it so much they had to have it.

:)

To the patient go the spoils

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #45 on: 01 November 2014, 16:07:45 »

TRO: 3050R was weird with "common deployments".

(Although that IS the reason I remember the Stormcrow C.  "Clearly only the Ghost Bears use this version of the Mech ever.  Ayep.  Only the Bears.  Mmmmhmmm.")
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
« Reply #46 on: 01 November 2014, 22:23:38 »
Light: Adder, definitely. If I had my way, I could remove the Flamer somehow and give it an LB 10-X AC, Streak-SRM6, and 2 ER medium lasers
Medium: A toss-up between the Stormcrow and Nova.
Heavy: Either the Summoner or Timber Wolf
Assault: Definitely the Dire Wolf.

Akira213

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: 02 November 2014, 05:22:09 »

well, ok, you're right. Sry, should have written "and the Wolves have alot of them"  ;)

Urban Kufahl

• Lieutenant
  • Si vis pacem.. et caetera, ad nauseam
« Reply #48 on: 03 November 2014, 08:05:43 »
Light : Adder or Uller
Med : Stormcrow, Coyotl
Heavies : Timber Wolf, Hellbringer
Assault : Warhawk, Dire Wolf.

Register