Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 173665 times)

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #690 on: 12 September 2019, 21:31:30 »
Kiah climbed down from her mech having just finished a scouting run with some of her clan in the woods around the base. her ops chief handed her a flask and waited for her to take a deep swallow.

"is this the newest batch?" she asked as she handed the flask of mead back and headed toward the command center

"yes Jarl, Larel used the last batch to be the mother for this one." he handed her the tablet he held "Carl requested additional units but we should probably send more."

Kiah looked at the request "yes we should, she glanced at man next to her. "So Farnnin When in Larel going to make you a dad, she is getting scary big"

he snorted "true to our clan we just got the word from the midwives it is twins." he laughed when his Jarl punched him in the arm

"see that she minds them and takes care of my future cousins"

"She is"

"good" Kiah pushed into the main command center "okay everyone reports in 5 in conference room and i want a call for transport to Carl's location of the following  the Rottie and Fener battle armor our foxtrot bandit and our striker vehicles as well as the Trebuchet, the great worm and the manteuffel make sure they are fully loaded and get the pilots scrambled."

"yes Jarl" everyone snapped out and turned to their stations as Kiah went though to her office and into her private bathroom. her attendants had her uniform laid out for her as she entered they came forward and in less then 10 minutes she was showered and suited up for her briefings.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #691 on: 13 September 2019, 01:54:04 »
where is stop 829?

look at the map. find Nakazawa Castle ... look down and see the river ... the big U ... in that area.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #692 on: 13 September 2019, 15:07:10 »
Which units are already deployed and thus unavailable?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #693 on: 13 September 2019, 17:06:32 »
Which units are already deployed and thus unavailable?

The units you used last mission

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #694 on: 13 September 2019, 19:22:49 »
Thanks. Is the Karnov factory up and running yet?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #695 on: 13 September 2019, 20:17:28 »
Thanks. Is the Karnov factory up and running yet?

Yes but youneed a flight crew. Remember the old crew got greased

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #696 on: 14 September 2019, 15:54:18 »
I am putting out notice for a local-born crew.
Just to confirm, the game is next Sunday?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #697 on: 14 September 2019, 21:28:17 »
I am putting out notice for a local-born crew.
Just to confirm, the game is next Sunday?

NP. And correct

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #698 on: 15 September 2019, 16:03:49 »
Unless anyone has objections, I will send my Griffin, Pegasus, and Karnov with battle armor.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #699 on: 15 September 2019, 20:54:43 »
I object; on general principle
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #700 on: 15 September 2019, 22:11:57 »
Unless anyone has objections, I will send my Griffin, Pegasus, and Karnov with battle armor.

you did not buy the Pegasus. you did not have the money at the time.

Circfed

• Recruit
« Reply #701 on: 16 September 2019, 18:42:07 »
Maine crew has maps

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #702 on: 16 September 2019, 19:11:25 »
Maine crew has maps

Cool. Who got the 1st ed Battleforce box set?

Need you two to pick from you units. I am the opfor.

Circfed

• Recruit
« Reply #703 on: 16 September 2019, 19:21:00 »
I got the boxed set. I'm not sure if I'll be able to play. I will choose units though, just in case.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #704 on: 16 September 2019, 20:05:29 »
you did not buy the Pegasus. you did not have the money at the time.
It was presented to me by the government. We discussed this a few months ago.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #705 on: 16 September 2019, 20:47:11 »
It was presented to me by the government. We discussed this a few months ago.

I had forgotten that I gave you the Pegasus. That was due to it going on a mission and then finding you did not have the funds to buy it. It still needs a crew. Are you going to use the Saladin crew or techs for this mission?

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #706 on: 17 September 2019, 16:19:15 »
Saladin crew, and I am also actively recruiting for a permanent crew.

Circfed

• Recruit
« Reply #707 on: 20 September 2019, 05:09:23 »
Hunchback and Rommel

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #708 on: 20 September 2019, 11:29:28 »
Hunchback and Rommel

OK infantry unit?

Circfed

• Recruit
« Reply #709 on: 20 September 2019, 22:43:23 »
Not bringing one. They're too slow.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #710 on: 21 September 2019, 18:19:19 »
Not bringing one. They're too slow.

sorry part of the mission  need one good sir

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #711 on: 21 September 2019, 18:58:37 »
I got room in my bandit for 4 tons, and my unit is Hilo, you can ride along with guys

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #712 on: 21 September 2019, 21:10:24 »
I’ve just come down with the cold, so I will not be able to attend tomorrow. Sorry.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #713 on: 21 September 2019, 22:53:00 »
I’ve just come down with the cold, so I will not be able to attend tomorrow. Sorry.

Sorry hope you get better soon

Circfed

• Recruit
« Reply #714 on: 21 September 2019, 23:28:20 »
sorry part of the mission  need one good sir

Fine..... I'll send a motorized SRM Platoon

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #715 on: 22 September 2019, 15:15:04 »
Great! When we needed the arty where was it? Spending time with momma. No wonder the FWL is always getting its ass kicked, no  one shows up for the fight :D ;D

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #716 on: 23 September 2019, 01:59:53 »
Euron frowned as he watched the battle footage from the fuel station, the mushroom cloud of the enemy Chameleon's reactor going critical displayed on the hololith in front of him. Julia looked on from his right as Lorren and Cornelius stood at the opposite side of the table, relating the action to their Colonel.

"Battlemech seppuku."  Julia said, shaking her head.  "That station's gonna be unusable until the hazmat teams can decontaminate the area."

"The Black Dragons just won a very ugly victory today."  Euron said with disgust.  "The Governor's already starting to take flak from the media over this.  However, this footage shows quite clearly that it was the enemy pilot who was to blame, setting his 'Mech to overheat and explode like that, meaning we're off the hook for the resulting calamity."  Looking to Lorren, he added, "And you've never seen these 'Mechs in the field before?"

"No, sir."  Lorren responded quickly.  "The Tokugawa tanks used in the attack can be acquired on-planet now that they're being manufactured en masse on Nejiro, but these 'Mechs are new players."

"Julia, opinions?"  Euron turned to the tech.

"Well," Goodbrother began, "The Chameleon is a common training 'Mech, we all know that, so is the Merlin.  The Hitman and the Wolf Trap are classic Kurita designs.  These guys could've gotten them from anyone really, either from on-planet or neaby."

Rubbing his beard, Euron considered before telling Julia, "Put in a call to Metalstorm if he's still on this rock.  Find out if he sold any of the aforementioned 'Mechs to anyone here not part of the GSF.  Also talk to the other arms suppliers on-planet to see if they sold them to anyone here."

"And if they did?"  Julia inquired.

"Then we find out who he sold them to."  Euron smirked vengefully.  "Once we find out, we'll either feed them to Jonah or we'll march over there in force and kick open their door ourselves...with the feet of our 'Mechs and Battle Armor troops."

"Well, that could cause a bigger PR disaster, punching down on civilians like that." Lorren offered concerned.

"Not if we punch down on the right people, Captain."  Euron returned.  "Julia, start making calls.  Lorren, get your Wolverine to the repair bay.  Alvarez, return to stand-by.  Dismissed."

"Yes, sir."  The three said in unison before leaving.

"Lorren, wait for a moment."  Euron held up his finger.  "One last thing.  What did you think of the Arkab Harid's tactics during the battle?"

"Honestly, sir,"  the Captain stopped and turned back toward Euron.  "They're reckless and overly aggressive.  That Bandit that ran out way ahead of our lines got itself pillboxed and its complement of Battle Armor shot to hell for seemingly no tactical reason.  It's almost like they were in a rush to die."

"I've been thinking the same thing based on their actions since they first arrived."  Euron agreed.  "One of their pilots gets himself kicked off the planet for his disrespectful actions and they fight almost as if they're more concerned with fighting for its own sake than going along with any tactical plan.  We should bring this up with Kiah and the Arkab's commander."

"Understood, sir."  Lorren responded.

"As you were, Captain."  Lorren left as Euron considered the footage once again.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #717 on: 23 September 2019, 12:01:54 »
Inside his office in Yousai Jack is reading the after action report. “Son of a …. Get Hauptmann Franks on the line.”
“Sir.”
“Hold on that get my wife first then the Hauptmann.”

Inside his castle Isao Nakazawa is looking at the reports coming in. “Can anyone of you explain this to me?”
“Lord it was a combat explosion. A Battlemech reactor exploded. The station is intact but will be out of service until the electronics are replaced. The station should be back on line in a few weeks. The roads were the ‘Mech exploded will not be useable for months. That area will have to be cleaned up and the road rebuilt.”
“Get that woman on the line now! She better have some …. Answers for this.”

Kazimir Zakharovich reading the report that just came in. “What is the damage to the area around station 829?”
“Sir the station is intact but it is out of service due to the EMP from the ‘Mechs power plaint explosion.”
He looks at the map of the area. “How long before it can be returned to operation?”
“Form the report our people think the station can be on line with in a few weeks. The road will take much longer as it was ground zero. The other road they figure 6 to 8 weeks. This depends on the cleanup crew and if no other damage was done to that road.”
“So the station can go bank on line but the roads will be down for some time, correct?”
“Yes sir. The other highways are not affected by this. We can still use them when the station comes back on line.”
“What areas will have the most problems due to this?”
“Our fortress, Moro and Nakazawa Castle. The roads heading this way are the ones damaged. Port, Kamploops and the Merc base are on the other side and those roads are open. We cannot send or receive cargos from them. We are able to move cargo on our side of the damaged area.”
“Very well. Get me the governor’s office. I want to talk with her.”

All over the local news in Port and Kamploops is the alert that rest area is now off limits due to a Hazmat problem and that the locals will be informed when it will be back in service.
« Last Edit: 23 September 2019, 21:22:12 by shadhawk »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #718 on: 23 September 2019, 12:33:28 »
As the Hazmat and medical teams scramble to get to rest area 829 they read over the reports of what they are moving into.
A Battlemech fusion plant went critical and exploded on the road in the hill area near the rest stop. The rest stop was outside the area of effect but part of the other road in the area was not. The area is about 360 meters. No people were in that area but civilian and military personal were close and may have some exposure.

Inside the ComStar compound Precentor Wilks is handed a report about the action at the service area. “You have read this?”
“Yes sir. I have medical and the tech crews standing by.”
“The DropShip crew knows what happened?”
“Yes sir and have setup the cargo area as a safe zone for our people.”
“Good. I want them back here ASAP so our medical staff can check them over to make sure they are all safe.”
“Already on that sir.”

“Tai-i I have the battle report from the GFS’s action.”
“Let me have it.”
“The enemy force over heated one of its Battlemechs.”
“What!”
“An enemy warrior destroyed their Battlemech. They were pulling back and one of the units took crippling damage.”
“Do we have any ID on the unit?”
“Just that is was a Chameleon class ‘Mech.’
“Who fields a training ‘Mech as a combat unit?”

At Camp Haken outside of Hilo the crews are working hard and fast to setup a Hazmat area for the incoming equipment.

Ronon Josef reads the last AAR and shakes his head. “Shujin  this the full report?”
“Hai Sho-sa”
“Arigatōgozaimashita.” This is not going to sit well at all he thinks to himself.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #719 on: 23 September 2019, 19:51:56 »
We can do this here, in the forum, or when I come down in October.  Your option
Euron frowned as he watched the battle footage from the fuel station, the mushroom cloud of the enemy Chameleon's reactor going critical displayed on the hololith in front of him. Julia looked on from his right as Lorren and Cornelius stood at the opposite side of the table, relating the action to their Colonel.

"Battlemech seppuku."  Julia said, shaking her head.  "That station's gonna be unusable until the hazmat teams can decontaminate the area."

"The Black Dragons just won a very ugly victory today."  Euron said with disgust.  "The Governor's already starting to take flak from the media over this.  However, this footage shows quite clearly that it was the enemy pilot who was to blame, setting his 'Mech to overheat and explode like that, meaning we're off the hook for the resulting calamity."  Looking to Lorren, he added, "And you've never seen these 'Mechs in the field before?"

"No, sir."  Lorren responded quickly.  "The Tokugawa tanks used in the attack can be acquired on-planet now that they're being manufactured en masse on Nejiro, but these 'Mechs are new players."

"Julia, opinions?"  Euron turned to the tech.

"Well," Goodbrother began, "The Chameleon is a common training 'Mech, we all know that, so is the Merlin.  The Hitman and the Wolf Trap are classic Kurita designs.  These guys could've gotten them from anyone really, either from on-planet or neaby."

Rubbing his beard, Euron considered before telling Julia, "Put in a call to Metalstorm if he's still on this rock.  Find out if he sold any of the aforementioned 'Mechs to anyone here not part of the GSF.  Also talk to the other arms suppliers on-planet to see if they sold them to anyone here."

"And if they did?"  Julia inquired.

"Then we find out who he sold them to."  Euron smirked vengefully.  "Once we find out, we'll either feed them to Jonah or we'll march over there in force and kick open their door ourselves...with the feet of our 'Mechs and Battle Armor troops."

"Well, that could cause a bigger PR disaster, punching down on civilians like that." Lorren offered concerned.

"Not if we punch down on the right people, Captain."  Euron returned.  "Julia, start making calls.  Lorren, get your Wolverine to the repair bay.  Alvarez, return to stand-by.  Dismissed."

"Yes, sir."  The three said in unison before leaving.

"Lorren, wait for a moment."  Euron held up his finger.  "One last thing.  What did you think of the Arkab Harid's tactics during the battle?"

"Honestly, sir,"  the Captain stopped and turned back toward Euron.  "They're reckless and overly aggressive.  That Bandit that ran out way ahead of our lines got itself pillboxed and its complement of Battle Armor shot to hell for seemingly no tactical reason.  It's almost like they were in a rush to die."

"I've been thinking the same thing based on their actions since they first arrived."  Euron agreed.  "One of their pilots gets himself kicked off the planet for his disrespectful actions and they fight almost as if they're more concerned with fighting for its own sake than going along with any tactical plan.  We should bring this up with Kiah and the Arkab's commander."

"Understood, sir."  Lorren responded.

"As you were, Captain."  Lorren left as Euron considered the footage once again.