Author Topic: BattleTech Long Island II  (Read 174320 times)

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: BattleTech Long Island II
« Reply #1260 on: 28 January 2021, 16:52:56 »
Do we have a new player in the campaign, or are the existing players getting new characters, or none of the above?

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1261 on: 28 January 2021, 21:12:54 »
The barmaid brings a couple of mugs of ale.
“You seem very at ease for someone that has very little with whom he is dealing with.”
“I have some idea of who you and your friends are.” Jack picks up one of the mugs. “If you were looking to just kill me you need not go to these lengths.”
“Very true but finding you would have taken longer.” She lifts up her mug.
“I think your friends should kick back a bit and enjoy.” He looks at the others. “If I was going to kill you all of you would be in the ground.” He looks over at the others and gives them a smile and lifts his mug to them. “So what type of work are you looking for?”
“Wow a man that gets right to the point of things.” She smiles at him.
“We are both pros so why dance around?”
“Very true. What we are looking for is freelance work. We can do jobs that your other personal cannot.” She takes a drink and signals the others to join them at the table. “We can work with them when necessary. But we would be best for independent work.”
“So what do you bring to the table?” Jack sits back. “From what I have found out you have been trouble for us for the six months. Your work has been all over the planet, you have gotten around.” Jack looks them over once more. “Look I did not walk in blind. I do know more if you want me to continue.” He looks Ching in the eye, she nods. “Your group is from the CapCom.  Not all that former from what I have found out. My best estimate is a mission that was off the books and now you cannot go back due to some of your actions.” He lifts his mug. “So how am I doing so far?”
“Not too bad for a field operative. I was told you had some offers but you turned them down Sho-ko.” She looks him in the eye. “I will cut to the chase. My work for all former employers is over. I do not like when those above think that I or the members of my team are pawns. We are all professionals and not something play things.” She looks over her crew. “My crew as you already know by you words, I do have others that will follow me. Some that I have worked with will be doing what they want.”
“Well I am sure that something can be worked out. You have been careful so far and that works for you. I will see what the Governor has to say about this. I do know one thing she will say, do not cross us. I will say the same Sang-wei.”
“That is a given.” She looks at him with a dirty look. “Playing that game is more in line with both of my former employers. I do not have the resources for that type of game any way.”
‘What are you bringing to the table?” He looks to the barmaid. She moves to get more food and drink. “She will want to know just what she is paying for.”
“I have a company of ‘Mechs and a couple of tanks at this time. I may be able to get my hands on some battle armor. That is if I am working for you and you do not have a problem with me pulling a raid.”
“A raid is no problem as long as does not land on us.”
“Well the current owns will not be happy and you are having trouble with then already.” She smiles.

If these guys are who I think they are, Euron had better not learn about Jack offering them a deal or he's going to be very annoyed.   >:D

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1262 on: 28 January 2021, 21:15:06 »
Do we have a new player in the campaign, or are the existing players getting new characters, or none of the above?

We have a new old player  >:D

Or is that old new player  :))  ;D

I always mix them up  ::)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1263 on: 28 January 2021, 21:39:46 »
If these guys are who I think they are, Euron had better not learn about Jack offering them a deal or he's going to be very annoyed.   >:D

He may just have to get his funny little suit out  ;D

or is that to old of a joke  ^-^

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1264 on: 28 January 2021, 21:49:50 »
 :thumbsup:
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1265 on: 29 January 2021, 01:27:51 »
 “So get your crew to Leyte and one of two things will happen. One you are working for us, two you and your crew will be going off rock.”
“That is fair. So we are on our own getting to Leyte?”
“Correct. Think of this as a test. The fewer problems you have making the move the better for you.” Jack works on his stew. “You have two weeks to be in Leyte.”
“You don’t give a lady much time to pack her things.” Ching smiles at Jack.
“Well if you are the professional you say, you should already be ready to go.” Jack smiles back. “Somehow I just don’t see you looking for me and not have your exit ready to go.” Looking over the crew once more. “If any of you have a price on your head you will not want this gig. Last off what can you tell us of your last employer?”
“True we are ready to go.” She finishes off her stew. “The only ones that it matters for will not be with us, they want to stay solo." She shrugs. "As for our last employers, that is for after we know if we stay or go.”
“I can understand that.” He lifts his mug. “See you in Leyte in two weeks.”

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1266 on: 29 January 2021, 06:22:51 »
We have a new old player  >:D

Or is that old new player  :))  ;D

I always mix them up  ::)
Do we know this person?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1267 on: 29 January 2021, 13:24:21 »

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1268 on: 29 January 2021, 17:37:50 »
Okay.
In weather news, Snowmegeddon 2 is scheduled for Sunday night through Tuesday.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1269 on: 31 January 2021, 18:54:26 »
Our next game is 2/28 start time 1pm

This will be round 3 foe the Ironborn try outs

It will have 2 lances of Ironborn battling 2 lances from different commands from local units.
I you want part of your unit involved let me know. ComGuard and 6rh Ghost have units set for this.
I you want to play one of the Ironborn units let me know.
« Last Edit: 02 February 2021, 17:35:29 by shadhawk »

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1270 on: 02 February 2021, 19:00:33 »
I should finally be there this time for longer than 20 minutes, and can come up with a lance if wanted...

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1271 on: 02 February 2021, 19:52:07 »
I should finally be there this time for longer than 20 minutes, and can come up with a lance if wanted...

OK but you just may only get to use half of said lance. Do keep in mind that they have to come from your unit.

The way I figure things we are still limited to 6 people. Greyjoy will be running one of the Ironborn units. I will be on hand to run one or part of a unit and the other players run other units.

If players want to setup a lance as opfor do so just be ready that you may only get to use half of it.

Any player units will get mission credit.

I will also be doing what I have done with the first 2 parts. If you run Ironborn units you get 1 credit for each you run. Said credit is for your unit to use on units without any mission credits.

One very big thing I almost forgot is that player units will have to be at or near Hilo at this time. So for the units not stationed by Hilo you will be limited to units that took part in Mission 54.
« Last Edit: 06 February 2021, 02:54:03 by shadhawk »

Bleusman

• Private
  • Here Prince Hanse, have a cheeseburger.
« Reply #1272 on: 07 February 2021, 11:18:58 »
Somewhere in an undisclosed location...

“So, it’s done. Our employment has been accepted. We even have a first assignment.”
“Zhong-shao, where is it?”

“Leyte in two weeks, Po. We are being tested. Zexu, gather logistics and let’s get moving. I want to be there a week early so we can get the lay of the land.”

“Yes Zhong-shao”

“But what about the Toasters?”

“Ch’i, they have been duplicitous with us. We have gone as far as we can go with them. We now start a new chapter, one that gets us closer to punishing the Davonistas and regaining our honor. Think brother, being back home on Sian and being back in the good graces of the Celestial Wisdom!”

“As long as I get to play my music, sister”

“You will have ample opportunities to use your special skills. I told our employers that we will have some “incursions” of our own devising. They are good with that as long as we don’t turn on them. I didn’t see a problem with that. All of you should not as well.”

“All of you listen. It’s time to come out of hiding. Tell the techs to unfurl the unit insignia and paint the mechs in our colors! Because it’s time for the Reborn Sword to be drawn!”

“Come, let me show you what I have in mind...”
Urbanmech, the myth, the legend, the Urbie!

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1273 on: 07 February 2021, 19:13:38 »
to all Commanders of GSF
and the commander of the 6th Ghost

from Major Kiah Franks

As always my complements and regards

The base that we bombarded has been confirmed to have been a base that was being built for the use of the merch forces that our mutual enemy word of Blake hired to attack the interests of this esteemed planets government. Our efforts have effectively curtailed the efforts of WOB to strengthen the opposition force against this planet.

I wish to commend all who took part in this action, our efforts have given a solid blow to the plans of our opponents

My respectful compliments
Major Kiah Franks

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1274 on: 07 February 2021, 19:28:11 »
I will not be at the action on the 28th, i need to attend to some real life things , sorry all i will miss being there

also just as a side note

we have to get better at something. the tib bits and stories that the GM or the Co=GM posts are for our
benefit,  we should be paying better attention, talking about them amongst ourselves more and asking any questions we think of regarding them posts

in the past we missed important items like all the celebration parties for the new year we kinda blew that opportunity to make valuable contacts there  grrrr

anyway take care all stay safe

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1275 on: 07 February 2021, 22:57:54 »
All around the 'Mech bay, the Ironborn's prospective pilots emerged from their cockpits.  Some were greeted by cheers from the engineers who'd been watching the fight play out, others by family members, not all of whom were happy.

As Victarion climbed out of Crow's Eye, he was met by the disapproving glance of his brother, Euron.  Victarion knew he'd been eliminated based on his performance, and his brother's look made him feel even worse.  He'd let him down.  He'd let the Greyjoy name down.

"Forgive me, Colonel."  He said apologetically.  "Looks like Balon and Alannah raised those kids a lot better than either of us thought."

Euron shook his head.  "No, they were just hungrier than you.  You've lost your edge, Vic.  You're going to have to work hard to get that back, but it certainly won't be in my 'Mech, or anybody else's for the foreseeable future."

"I can accept that."  Victarion nodded.  "So what's to become of me?  Tech duty?  KP?  Latrine maintenance?"

"We'll talk about that later."  Euron answered.  "For now, get some rest.  You won't be doing anything else for a little while."

Elsewhere, Isolde Botley exited the Anubis to find her mother and Meifeng Zhou waiting. 

"Wow."  Maria said sarcastically.  "What great piloting you showed out there.  Charging ahead of the line like that and ending up in eighth place.  You're lucky Victarion totally screwed the pooch or you'd be out right now."

Meifeng shook her head in disapproval.  "What have I always told you about the Anubis?  Never go into battle without your stealth armor activated.  You took far more damage than you should have and hurt your score all because you wanted to show off."

Isolde was used to her mother's condescension, but the scolding from her sifu Meifeng hurt her far worse.  "Yeah, I know.  It totally slipped my mind at first.  I completely forgot I'd left it off until I got smacked with that first salvo.  I'm sorry, teach."

"Well, listen up, Izzy."  Maria added.  "According to Euron, you're gonna be teaming with the guys who kicked your ass today.  You've been set up to join Asha, Theon and Fuka-chan in the next stage of testing.  Maybe they'll rub off on you and help you improve your score."

Isolde groaned inwardly with the prospect of having to endure Theon's taunts and lame pick-up lines and Asha gushing over her impending marriage.  Although, on the other hand, she might get a chance to get to know the Kuritan tech-turned-Mechwarrior a little better.

(Speaking of which...)
As Fuka came out of the Grand Dragon, only Julia was there to see her.  Fuka's face fell as she faced her sempai.

"Gomenasai, nee-san."  Fuka said with humility, bowing very deeply.  "I'm afraid that I've failed you with my lackluster performance today.  I am now in seventh place and have failed to live up to your confidence and faith in me to win."

Julia simply smiled and waved away the comments.  "Don't worry about it, Fuka.  You did your best out there.  Nobody becomes a Mechwarrior overnight.  Plus, the way you worked together with your partners was excellent."

"You...think so?"  Fuka said, scratching her cheek.

"Absolutely."  Julia responded.  "You smacked Isolde right in her overconfident face and you helped eliminate the Colonel's younger brother from the competition.  And you did it together with your teammates.  You proved you could be a team player, even if you didn't get all the kills."

"Even so."  Fuka protested.  "I want to win.  I want to pilot this machine."  She gazed the Grand Dragon with pride.  "I want to give him his name."

"Then keep going, Fuka."  Julia said.  "Don't stop until you get to the top.  You still have two stages left.  Work hard, and fight smart, and you'll achieve your goal."

"Arigato gozaimashita, nee-san."  Fuka bowed again.  "I will."

Across the bay, Asha and Theon cheered their mutual victory as they left their 'Mechs.  Asha was acknowledged by the instructors as having received the highest score in stage two and was now on top of the leaderboard.  Joining them was Bors Harlaw, who was now second overall.  Theon's spirits were drowned a bit when he learned he was only fifth after the battle, but quickly reminded his sister that he'd been the one who'd scored the killing blow on Crow's Eye, knocking Victarion out of the tournament.

"We should celebrate, little brother."  Asha suggested.
"Sure."  Theon agreed.  "Just don't feel bad when I drink you under the table."
Asha laughed at that.  "Please, you were always a lightweight."
"Count me in too."  Said Bors.  "I want to get as far away from the Blacktydes as possible.  Jurgen is NOT happy with the way things went down."

The Greyjoys and Bors saw Jurgen emerge from the Wraith, growling with barely controlled fury.  Though his wife, Beryl and his sister, Freyja were there to try and calm him down, Jurgen cursed his luck.   First being given a 'Mech belonging to one of Maria Botley's bastard spawn and second, being unable to cause enough damage to bring his score into contention, dropping him to sixth place overall.

"Grrr, I need drinks, and several of them at that."  Jurgen fumed.
"Well, I guess we know where we're headed after the showers."  Freyja said.  "Beryl, perhaps you could "help" my dear brother with that.  I'll make sure to give you two plenty of time before we head to the bar."
"A wise strategy."  Beryl nodded, taking her husband's hand to lead him away.
Freyja looked over at the scoreboard.  She was in third, mostly due to her having the high score in stage one.  Just Asha and Bors to get by to win first choice of 'Mech,  She thought, knowing who she needed to keep an eye on.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1276 on: 09 February 2021, 01:27:12 »
For phase 3 of the Ironborn saga. Loyalty Disowned(Lo.D) will make available "the dog pound", Chimera 1k, Ajax(H.G.), and "Beethoven"(Barghest) as OPFOR

Maranthain

• Sergeant
    • Winter's Dream Mercenary Unit
« Reply #1277 on: 11 February 2021, 12:26:55 »
I'm also not going to be able to make this month's game. Sorry. I hope everyone has a fun time.  :)
Strength Through Perseverance

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1278 on: 12 February 2021, 20:36:07 »
For phase 3 of the Ironborn saga. Loyalty Disowned(Lo.D) will make available "the dog pound", Chimera 1k, Ajax(H.G.), and "Beethoven"(Barghest) as OPFOR

If they are needs they will be used  :thumbsup:

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1279 on: 12 February 2021, 20:37:31 »
I'm also not going to be able to make this month's game. Sorry. I hope everyone has a fun time.  :)

Hay no big thing. I hope all is good and it is just work messing you up.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1280 on: 13 February 2021, 21:30:18 »
Nejiro News 1
With the spring festival season now in swing the different clans of Nejiro are working on what they will be hosting. Each clan will be showing off what they have to offer the people on Nejiro. What foods, drink, products and services will we get to see this year? How will your clan do in the different completions that are held? Support you clan, support Nejiro.

The Dakuu-orianyusu
Look at how the leaders of your world try to give you the feeling that all is good. They act like nothing has been happening and it is fine to act like all is well. Good people of Nejiro you see past this false offering that all is good. You good people can see that you have major problems that your leaders want to gloss over. This fine world is in need of protection and the ones that should be providing for your security are not. With all the attacks that have taken place over the last few months they have shown that they cannot protect you. Good people of Nejiro the protection that you should have is here for the asking.

Shin no wadopuresu
Once more the ones that control this world show that they care not for the people. They only care for what the people can do for them. They put on this show of hope while they do not provide the security that you need. They let groups take the things that you fine people work hard for. They let people that would have your brothers and sisters go back to the harsh ways of an age passed. They let people who would force all to serve them setup shop here. They let bandits roam and pillage your world. These leaders do not understand that they work for you, the people of Nijero. All you need to do fine people of Nijero is look and you will see who will look out for you and who will not. You need to be careful as some that offer to be your protectors are false.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1281 on: 13 February 2021, 21:40:31 »
To: Kapten Bjomsen
Re: Re-location of Winter’s Dream

All the arrangements have been made to get all of your personal moved to Camp Senshi. Transport units will pick you up the end of the month so you can start June at your new duty station. The camp has had made ready for the arrival for your unit and Sho-sa Kalakaua is looking forward to working with your command.

Maranthain

• Sergeant
    • Winter's Dream Mercenary Unit
« Reply #1282 on: 14 February 2021, 15:11:39 »
Hay no big thing. I hope all is good and it is just work messing you up.

Yup. Work keeps giving me sundays til 4. And I can't seem to time it right to request off. They need to get at least 3 weeks notice, but it seems that other people are requesting the days I request.
Strength Through Perseverance

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1283 on: 17 February 2021, 13:59:51 »
Sho-sa Kalakaua looks over Camp Senshi she watches as her combat engineers work on the base improvements. “Tai-i we will have the new quarters finished in time for Winter’s Dream arrival?”
The officer in charge of the engineer unit looks over the area and nods. “Hai. All will be ready in time. My crew will also have the new defense points finished as well. We will also have shelters for all the equipment for them as well Sho-sa.”
“Totemo yoi.” She looks over her engineering officer. “You and your team are doing a good job. I think that Kapten Bjomsen and his people will be happy with your work.”
“Arigatōgozaimashita Sho-sa.” Looking over the different work sites. “Would like to see the defense points we have added? We have points for infantry and vehicles along the perimeter and at the entrances.”  Pointing them out on the data pad. “We will be adding turrets at these points to back up the infantry and vehicle points.” Looking out at the wooded areas around the camp. “We have placed motion and inferred sensors. When we get the seismic you ordered we will place them as well. My Gunsho offered that we place trip-line sensors as well. From the battle reports they will be useful as well.”
“Very good. I see that your team has things well in hand.” She looks over the camp. “The seismic sensors should be here with the next supply run.” Kona looks over her data pad. “I like the Gunsho’s idea. See that the trip-lines are added to the woods.”
“We will be better prepared if someone wants to pay us an unwelcome call in the future Sho-sa.”
“That we will. We still need to stay alert as these are passive sensors and the woods have many animals that will be tripping them.” She looks around. “Those that will test us are clever so we must keep that in mind at all times. It is good that we will have others to share the work load with.” She looks around once more. “I am keeping you form your work.”
“Hai Sho-sa.”

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1284 on: 17 February 2021, 15:43:51 »
Walking into the trade enclave, Chief Engineer "Launchpad" Platt , for the first time, he decides to window shop and get a feel for the merchants, their wares, and their idiosyncrasies before he starts haggling to part with the "DAMN Capellan Bug!" As Duke so eloquently described the Cicada recently salvaged from Pirates. Of course to quote him directly "I would rather have Fleas, than that Damn Capellan Bug. Get rid of it ASAP. Trade it, sell it, barter it, whatever. We still have two mechs and a vehicle down, and we still need weapons for one of those mechs yet.  The Gov has told me good things about that trade enclave. See what's there.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1285 on: 18 February 2021, 02:06:53 »
Walking into the trade enclave, Chief Engineer "Launchpad" Platt , for the first time, he decides to window shop and get a feel for the merchants, their wares, and their idiosyncrasies before he starts haggling to part with the "DAMN Capellan Bug!" As Duke so eloquently described the Cicada recently salvaged from Pirates. Of course to quote him directly "I would rather have Fleas, than that Damn Capellan Bug. Get rid of it ASAP. Trade it, sell it, barter it, whatever. We still have two mechs and a vehicle down, and we still need weapons for one of those mechs yet.  The Gov has told me good things about that trade enclave. See what's there.

As he walks down the main drag he will see that the Enclave offers much more than just equipment. Many different goods and services can be had if one has the money. He will also see several top end restaurants and taverns. He will see the offices for Metal Storm, AH Traders, DMD Weapons, Buki Industries, Hu Armaments and many others. He will get to sit down with sales reps from many of them. Metal Storm will inform him that they do not do trade or barter, they deal with new or remanufactured equipment only. AH Traders, DWM Weapons and Hu Armaments might be interested but they will want to get an inspection of the ‘Mech in question before they get into talks of money or trade. AH Traders will inform his that they have someone in his location that they would trust to do the inspection.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1286 on: 18 February 2021, 14:57:16 »
While there "Launchpad" will make contact and set up deals with the local( on planet)manufacturers of weapons, armor, and equipment that are in currently in LoD TO&E, as well as track down the machine shop that is making ammunition for gauss rifles, hopefully they have the tools necessary to make what the LoD requires.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1287 on: 18 February 2021, 23:36:54 »
While there "Launchpad" will make contact and set up deals with the local( on planet)manufacturers of weapons, armor, and equipment that are in currently in LoD TO&E, as well as track down the machine shop that is making ammunition for gauss rifles, hopefully they have the tools necessary to make what the LoD requires.

At AH Traders “Launchpad” will find that they have some light Mechs that may work for the LoD. They all need repairs and AH will give any two of them for the Cicada. They have a Locust 1V, Stinger 3R, Wasp 1K and a Commando 2D.

DMD Weapons have a couple of ER PPC’s, a Large Pulse Laser, a LB 10-X auto cannon with three tons of each ammo type and two Medium Pulse Lasers to trade for the Cicada.

Hu Armaments will offer a Myrmidon Medium Tank and two Scorpion Light Tanks.

He will make contact with some of the sales reps for the local weapons industries. He will be informed that the only machine shop that does offer gauss ammo is located in Hilo.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1288 on: 19 February 2021, 12:51:27 »
Launchpad will agree and solidify the agreement with DMD for the weapons

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1289 on: 20 February 2021, 20:53:25 »
The Tarawa Times
Today bandits raided the city. These were the same bandits that burned down last fall’s crops. The militia drove them off taking no damage and forcing the bandits away empty handed. Rhee-sama stated after that raid that our local militia will handle local security and they have just shown how good they are.

Nejiro News 1
Reports the other day from Tarawa have a bandit group raiding that city and the Rhee militia turning them back. Good for the defenders of Tarawa.

The Dakuu-orianyusu
Brothers and sisters of Nejiro this news from Tarawa is both good and bad. Pirates still look to this world as a place for them to plunder. They think they can just come here and take what they want. Until you have true security they will keep coming to take what is yours. It is good that your brothers and sisters can and will stand up to them. But for how long? You need support from your true family, from the Dragon.

Shin no wadopuresu
Good people of Nijero this news from Tarawa shows that some of the Ichizoku leaders care for the people. A pirate group that has been plaguing your world for months has just been pushed back and NOT by the GSF. They were turned back by people just like you, people who love this world.