Author Topic: Bands fictional or real that best represents a successor state  (Read 1340 times)

Kujo

• Sergeant
We all know about Team Banzai and of Dr B. Banzai being the Federated Suns 'warped' scientists, mech warriors and of course "Rock Band!"

Chris managed to portray this so well in "This was easier on tabletop", that I feel that some other bands from fiction (and fact) maybe able to make the "jump" to a successor state, and though being a band is key, they should have additional traits that would help that state.

As I started the thread I will go first :-)

Sabaton- Joakim, Par, Chris, Hannes and Tommy find themselves before Katrina Steiner days before Ian Davion makes his visit, they play for the Archon, display a vast wealth of information of a different (especially towards the end) 20th and 21st century.  In time Katrina seeing what Team Banzai has done for her ally in House Davion endows them with sufficient funds to start an institute of their own.  Sabaton being Sabaton does music and history vastly boosting House Steiner's Armed Forces Morale.  As a metal band of course they fit well with the Steiner view point of even 'heavier' metal (all mechs are of course assault class!).  For the recon element their former band mates from "Civil War" could broach the Steiner-Davion-Hegemony boundaries.

Those that know Sabaton know they are SWEDES and 'should' fit the FRR better, however with all the Kuritan influences on that state, I feel that they would be much happier with their Steiner Cousins.

Hanse "Archon Katrina please meet my polymaths Team Banzai"

Katrina "First Prince Hanse please meet my troubadours, court historians and 'Steiner Scouts' (with a chuckle and Sabaton's 100 ton mechs) Sabaton!"

Thank you.
For the FEDCOM For the Archon-Prince

cklammer

• Warrant Officer
Re: Bands fictional or real that best represents a successor state
« Reply #1 on: 24 November 2022, 14:35:12 »
Amon Amarth for the FRR!

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #2 on: 24 November 2022, 16:51:20 »
As for the FWL... what bands are there that keep splitting up and getting back together?
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

Kujo

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 24 November 2022, 22:14:27 »
For the FWL I prefer groups that 'centralize' and the one that shrinks as it goes and best fits the FWL in my view would be Genesis.  Going from several band members and being somewhat successful but only being a 'hit' making machine as they reached their 'optimal' size with Collins, Rutherford and Banks.  Van Halen may fit as they have changed lead singers and build up drama with David Lee Roth, Sammy Hager and Roth 'returning' then Gary Cherone being the lead singer, then Hager again, which is followed by Roth Returning again but this time with Wolfgang Van Halen (Son of Eddie).  Not a Complete break up, but the 'band' keeps leaving their 'problems' with a 'Marik' (lead singer).
« Last Edit: 24 November 2022, 22:30:54 by Kujo »
For the FEDCOM For the Archon-Prince

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2022, 03:01:06 »
For the FWL I prefer groups that 'centralize' and the one that shrinks as it goes and best fits the FWL in my view would be Genesis.  Going from several band members and being somewhat successful but only being a 'hit' making machine as they reached their 'optimal' size with Collins, Rutherford and Banks.  Van Halen may fit as they have changed lead singers and build up drama with David Lee Roth, Sammy Hager and Roth 'returning' then Gary Cherone being the lead singer, then Hager again, which is followed by Roth Returning again but this time with Wolfgang Van Halen (Son of Eddie).  Not a Complete break up, but the 'band' keeps leaving their 'problems' with a 'Marik' (lead singer).

Let´s take them both. That fits the FWL even better than just one band.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 25 November 2022, 08:38:41 »
As for the FWL... what bands are there that keep splitting up and getting back together?

The Eagles.  ^-^ ;D

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 25 November 2022, 08:45:27 »
I don't think it fits the WHOLE Era, but BabyMetal seems to fit that 3039-3052 Era of The Combine.
Takashi's rule before that is much more serious (I don't have a suggestion)
The post Clan-invasion up to FCCW detente soundtrack is Hatsune Miku; the music to Operation Bulldog is the Girl und Panzers OMPS. ;-) hahaha

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #7 on: 25 November 2022, 08:48:27 »
Capellan Confederation pre-Sun Tzu is state sponsored Juche music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI3Ce25Lc6o

Capellan Confederation post-Sun Tzu is the same, just a bit more upbeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbC6dLG_dQY
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 25 November 2022, 08:55:27 »
The Eagles.  ^-^ ;D

Ok, so, it was an obvious joke, but honestly:

So, back in AIT, I was in an 8-man room and none of us listened to the same kinds of music... except the Eagles.  It was the one band we all liked to one degree or another, so their CDs were in constant rotation while we cleaned or whatever.

A band that's not anyone's favorite but everyone can more-or-less agree is acceptable is 100% akin to FWL politics and leadership, IMHO. hahaha

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #9 on: 25 November 2022, 11:21:01 »
That makes perfect sense to me!  :)

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 25 November 2022, 16:24:41 »
Capellan Confederation pre-Sun Tzu is state sponsored Juche music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI3Ce25Lc6o

Capellan Confederation post-Sun Tzu is the same, just a bit more upbeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbC6dLG_dQY

More upbeat CapCon music?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVGbkFxxOoE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsz-_fgWspo

;D

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 28 November 2022, 19:17:18 »
https://youtu.be/zduyqxkW1t4
This pretty much sums up which house this band loves. There even puts the bulls into the hearder.