Author Topic: Outside-BT RPG question: Card Deck Aligmment/Motivation system?  (Read 649 times)

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
I felt that for sure I knew what this was all about, but when it came up in discussion I could not find it to save my life.

Has anyone used this system or could point me to the game that has it? I remember seeing it before and thinking it was cool, but a recent discussion of alignment brought up and the naturally I couldn't find it. Google failed me, but I had thought it was part of Twilight 2000. However; those books are in storage at the moment.

I remember the suits and number cards all figured, but not how or any specifics. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
Re: Outside-BT RPG question: Card Deck Aligmment/Motivation system?
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2019, 17:30:38 »
It was Twilight 2000 -- they used a pack of playing cards to generate NPCs motivations.....

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Re: Outside-BT RPG question: Card Deck Aligmment/Motivation system?
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2019, 22:41:00 »
For sure? I know I have Twilight 2013 at home, but I do not recall that mechanic being continued. Not sure if I have the core rules or not. I'll check. Thank you!

Just in case; did any other games use it?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Register