Author Topic: CAV KS1 tanks - Despot (mk II) and Dingo  (Read 2927 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
CAV KS1 tanks - Despot (mk II) and Dingo
« on: 10 August 2016, 05:26:28 »
Some tanks for my vanity AU unit, the Jerichos, courtesy of the first CAV kickstarter.

To the right, the CAV Despot hull, with replacement turrets ,and to the right, unmodified Dingo tanks. First and second battalion of the Jerichos, respectively.

The CAV Despot is a great body, but the turret I found somewhat lacking. It's basically much like an Abrams turret with a pop-up missile launcher tacked on the back. The gunbarrel was long but spindly, and it just didn't have enough "grunt" for a BattleTech tank for my liking. So some of my DA R10s made the supreme sacrifice; fortuitously enough, de-turreted R10s make IMHO great APCs to go with CAV minis purposed for CAV. Here's a shot with some BT tanks, and the original turret:

Painting quite simple: brown base, green contrast (stripe for first battalion, half for green), metallic details, ghostbrush with a lighter brown to highlight edges, then hit it with the teak varnish. Voila!

Comments sought as always,

W.
« Last Edit: 10 August 2016, 16:49:20 by worktroll »
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

ogre

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
    • The Ogre's Mech Depot
Re: CAV KS1 tanks - Despot (mk II) and Dingo
« Reply #1 on: 10 August 2016, 06:48:04 »
Can't see them.   :'(
When in doubt, take it out.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 10 August 2016, 06:53:20 »
They were there earlier and they were nice lookin'
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 10 August 2016, 07:40:07 »
Can't see them either.  :'( :'(

And trying to do a Google Image Search comes up with nada.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: CAV KS1 tanks - Despot (mk II) and Dingo (links fixed!)
« Reply #4 on: 10 August 2016, 16:50:42 »
Whoops ... still not used to Google Photos, moved the photos to a new folder, turns out they need new links.

Hopefully now fixed!

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Ronin Actual

• Warrant Officer
  • Bad Day?
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2016, 21:09:45 »
Excellent use of the Despot body. For a second I was like "wait did I miss an awesome tank from the first Kickstarter"!

Register