Author Topic: When was the Irian event?  (Read 3663 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
When was the Irian event?
« on: 19 October 2016, 10:29:31 »
Trying to figure out when the Irian event happened in the different releases.  I cannot remember what was out at the time it happened and I am trying to construct the cluster/battalions involved in TP Irian.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Re: When was the Irian event?
« Reply #1 on: 19 October 2016, 12:49:24 »
The Faction War event (i.e., the fighting on Irian) began in October 2003, which was two months after the release of Liao Incursion.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 19 October 2016, 12:59:56 »
Sounds right, I was not sure if it was that or Counter Assault and every thing I could find looking it up last night was referring to TP Irian.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2016, 16:57:38 »
Some of the prizes were from DFA and others were from LI.

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #4 on: 26 November 2016, 08:10:35 »
There's a small e-book on the Battle of Irian, a Turning Points I believe.  It's pretty good.

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #5 on: 26 November 2016, 10:10:06 »
I have the book, I was wondering when it happened in the expansion releases- sort of let me know who died or what might have been destroyed before the TP.
Colt Ward

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #6 on: 26 November 2016, 11:34:02 »
Right before Liao Incursion. Some of the were Death from Above. Others were Liao Incursion.

Register