Author Topic: Dial creator program/files  (Read 2612 times)

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
Dial creator program/files
« on: 07 April 2020, 03:12:48 »
Ok, I've noticed this was asked before but the file doesn't exist now, just wondering if anyone could help me with a dial creator program/files so I can work on a side project I have for mwda please?

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
Re: Dial creator program/files
« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2020, 12:17:52 »
Here are template files for Mech and Vehicle/Infantry dials. For heat dials, it's easiest to use a d6 and reference a table, because the tolerances are fairly tight inside the little 'box' that the heat dial spins in and gluing another layer of paper on top of the existing heat dial can be enough to gum it up.

I used FoxIt to modify the pdfs, but other software exists.

casperionx

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2020, 05:17:41 »
Thanks for that. Was hoping to find something that I could template up, but its a start!

James Bedford

• Private
  • Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!
    • OH and MD Mechwarrior group
« Reply #3 on: 24 July 2020, 13:18:17 »
Check out Clan Mutant Sea Bass on Facebook, one of their members, Travis Schults, created a program for designing dials and figuring out how much the mech or vehicle would cost.

I think he also made a PPT that had dials already made and you could edit them yourself for your custom dial.

Attached you can find the dial for my custom CNC Hellstar. :D
Clan Spirit Cat Seyla!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.