Author Topic: The *literally* Never-Seen  (Read 161411 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: The *literally* Never-Seen
« Reply #810 on: 21 June 2020, 00:58:10 »
As the fluff of the Demolitionmech describes it as being slower but cheaper than its competition, the 'Zilla can be surmised to be using a fusion engine instead of a fuel cell.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #811 on: 21 June 2020, 07:23:58 »
Another one from TRO:3075 mentioned in the fluff of the DemolitionMech. A competitor if the industrialmech made by Defiance industries named the 'Zilla.

Thank you! That's good thinking!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #812 on: 21 June 2020, 13:02:27 »
I have a new one (at least it is not featured in the page 1 list). The Screamer. A "Doomsday" Mech designed for Kerensky. It is mentioned in the fluff of the Rifleman III (XTRO:Gunslingers).
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #813 on: 21 June 2020, 13:32:20 »
I have a new one (at least it is not featured in the page 1 list). The Screamer. A "Doomsday" Mech designed for Kerensky. It is mentioned in the fluff of the Rifleman III (XTRO:Gunslingers).

Liberation of Terra Vol 2. Far from a Doomsday Machine but developed at the same time as the Rifleman III and Martar as Amaris demanded a wonder weapon that would destroy Kerensky. 
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Screamer
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #814 on: 21 June 2020, 15:42:04 »
Liberation of Terra Vol 2. Far from a Doomsday Machine but developed at the same time as the Rifleman III and Martar as Amaris demanded a wonder weapon that would destroy Kerensky. 
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Screamer

Ouch. I forgot that one. My dreams are shattered.  :'( :'( :'(

Nice LAM, BTW
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #815 on: 21 June 2020, 16:30:37 »
*pats G&D on shoulder*

Cheer up! you have an allotment of dreams that have not been used up ... unless you post a lot and get shot down, the club for that has free membership! No experience needed either!

"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #816 on: 23 June 2020, 22:13:59 »
Not sure it counts, but the Explorer Jumpship has two variants with no record Sheets. Their a HPG variant and the Sub capital Weapon Variant.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2020, 21:02:44 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #817 on: 24 June 2020, 18:51:53 »
Not sure it coubts but the. Explorer. Jumpship has two variants wirh no record. Sheets.  HPG variant and the Sub capital Weapon Variant.

Where are those found?

They ring a bell, but I just haven't been able to find the time to round up all the old/new/new/old/new/new/new, ect entries.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #818 on: 24 June 2020, 19:06:01 »
Where are those found?

They ring a bell, but I just haven't been able to find the time to round up all the old/new/new/old/new/new/new, ect entries.
TRO3075 Helm memory core section for the Mariks. MUL also lists them.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #819 on: 24 June 2020, 19:24:29 »
TRO3075 Helm memory core section for the Mariks. MUL also lists them.

Perfect then! I will add those.

A.E. Housman

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #820 on: 20 July 2020, 06:52:50 »
Was the fireboats from the Reunification War sourcebook (also in The Periphery) mention? They were used by the Taurians to crash into Warships to kill them. We never got stats or get information what they looked like.  They may have been stocked small craft or maybe have been cobble together ships.  They were mentioned in better detail in Historical Reunification book.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #821 on: 20 July 2020, 15:23:19 »
Was the fireboats from the Reunification War sourcebook (also in The Periphery) mention? They were used by the Taurians to crash into Warships to kill them. We never got stats or get information what they looked like.  They may have been stocked small craft or maybe have been cobble together ships.  They were mentioned in better detail in Historical Reunification book.

I am sure we never got stats for them. Let me see what is said.

Okay; cracked my copy open and I find lost of mentions, but no stats. if i was to guess; you'd be taking common cargo dropships of the era, re-designing them so that much of their cargo space is discard to make them lighter (and thus faster) and adding in either a number of boobytraps or a single custom-make nuke.

I'll make an addition.

A.E. Housman

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #822 on: 03 August 2020, 22:11:35 »
Opens up TRO: Golden Century...

A.E. Housman

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #823 on: 03 August 2020, 22:21:22 »
Dang! What a rush crossing a few of these out! Rock on TPTB!

Also added the Jupiter Variant from Sword of Sedition, as noted by Templar87.

A.E. Housman

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #824 on: 03 August 2020, 23:17:41 »
Speaking of crossing some off the list, here are a couple you missed:

Awesome -11H (recguide 4)
Clan Rhino BA (it was on the list twice)
Fox (goldcent)
Griffin C (recguide 1)
Goliath C (recguide 1)
Minsk (goldcent)
Ogotai (goldcent)
Qasar (goldcent)
Vision Quest (goldcent)

In exchange, I offer you the Royal Valkyrie, mentioned in the write-up for the Masauwu's notable pilot.
« Last Edit: 03 August 2020, 23:22:46 by GreekFire »
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #825 on: 05 August 2020, 16:58:07 »
Speaking of crossing some off the list, here are a couple you missed:

Awesome -11H (recguide 4)
Clan Rhino BA (it was on the list twice)
Fox (goldcent)
Griffin C (recguide 1)
Goliath C (recguide 1)
Minsk (goldcent)
Ogotai (goldcent)
Qasar (goldcent)
Vision Quest (goldcent)

In exchange, I offer you the Royal Valkyrie, mentioned in the write-up for the Masauwu's notable pilot.

Done and Done!

A.E. Housman

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #826 on: 05 August 2020, 17:23:20 »
Opens up TRO: Golden Century...
WATER ELEMENTAL MINING SUIT = Aquatic Clan Exoskeleton; Elemental precursor
 ;)
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #827 on: 05 August 2020, 17:47:11 »
WATER ELEMENTAL MINING SUIT = Aquatic Clan Exoskeleton; Elemental precursor
 ;)

I named it something else in the list, under the presumption that there were others. But yeah; crossed off now.

:)

Feels so good!!

A.E. Housman

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #828 on: 05 August 2020, 19:39:55 »
Just thought TRO GC would have been a perfect opportunity for the HBK-2, too.  The idea of a standard tech dual AC-20 HBK is tantalizing, have designed my own, but that's not the same as the PTB making one and putting in some very cool fluff. Especially using improved ACs from original TRO 3050 and IO.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2020, 20:09:04 by Wolf72 »

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #829 on: 05 August 2020, 22:48:54 »
Just thought TRO GC would have been a perfect opportunity for the HBK-2, too.  The idea of a standard tech dual AC-20 HBK is tantalizing, have designed my own, but that's not the same as the PTB making one and putting in some very cool fluff. Especially using improved ACs from original TRO 3050 and IO.

How could I forget that one!?

From the original entry, I was never sure if it had dual AC/20s or just a pair of lighter dual autocannon.

However, I was always pretty sure it was definitively an SLDF-design, if a very late one.

I will check and add that one though.

A.E. Housman

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
« Reply #830 on: 05 August 2020, 23:53:54 »
How could I forget that one!?

From the original entry, I was never sure if it had dual AC/20s or just a pair of lighter dual autocannon.

However, I was always pretty sure it was definitively an SLDF-design, if a very late one.

I will check and add that one though.

It had a single AC-20, and no Jump Jets.

As the SLDF use the HBK-4G, it might be that the HBK is functionally identical to that variant.
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #831 on: 06 August 2020, 00:01:23 »
out of curiosity, where do we get any info on the HBK-2's loadout? the only reference i know of is the original TRO:3058

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
« Reply #832 on: 06 August 2020, 01:42:42 »
out of curiosity, where do we get any info on the HBK-2's loadout? the only reference i know of is the original TRO:3058

There.

Based upon the text the Clans added a second Autocannon to take advantage of the smaller components,  and also added jump jets. Therefore, although the IIC was based upon the HBK-2, the HBK-2 had no jump jets,and only a single class 20 AC.

"Initial hardware assessments...allowing the installation of two rapid-fire autocannons rather than a single AC-20. The higher tech also allows room for the installation of jump jets..."

There is also the initial description...the HBK-2 is a basic design that has remained largely unchanged since its inception.

You could argue that it doesn't specifically give the info, but the text seems clear to me
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #833 on: 06 August 2020, 06:02:00 »
I thought you had the HBK-2 in the list from very early on.

"two rapid-fire" could lead one to believe that means UACs over standard ACs.  I mean they're all rapid fire, the newer ones are just rapid-er fire, or ultra-rapid fire.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #834 on: 06 August 2020, 06:23:49 »
I just realized something. The Fluff for the Hunchback IIC mentions that captured units by Inner sphere forces were modified, namely one of the Ultra A/C 20s was removed for more armor among unspecified changes made to make the usable non suicidal units. I don't think i have ever seen a record sheets for the modded / refitted Hunchback IICs.

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
« Reply #835 on: 06 August 2020, 07:41:03 »
I thought you had the HBK-2 in the list from very early on.

"two rapid-fire" could lead one to believe that means UACs over standard ACs.  I mean they're all rapid fire, the newer ones are just rapid-er fire, or ultra-rapid fire.

Two rapid fire ACs could indeed refer to the ultra class which equips the IIC. However, the two replaced a single AC20.
« Last Edit: 06 August 2020, 09:52:45 by Talen5000 »

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #836 on: 06 August 2020, 08:48:02 »
I just realized something. The Fluff for the Hunchback IIC mentions that captured units by Inner sphere forces were modified, namely one of the Ultra A/C 20s was removed for more armor among unspecified changes made to make the usable non suicidal units. I don't think i have ever seen a record sheets for the modded / refitted Hunchback IICs.

Dang! You're totally right!

And I think you guys all have a good argument for ambiguity in the HBK-2's configuration as well; so I will make those changes.

A.E. Housman

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #837 on: 06 August 2020, 10:08:48 »
Two rapid fire ACs could indeed refer to the ultra class which equips the IIC. However, the two replaced a single AC20.

*handwavium x10*!!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #838 on: 21 August 2020, 06:20:43 »
I think i spotted a new unit in Honour's Gauntlet novella. The defending civilians among argo and mining mechs had a Quad CargoMech which appears to be fitted with ram plates like the Rhino from Operational Turning Points Hanaseatic Crusade.  It was being used to ram a larger Clan assault mech and show no signs of damage after plowing through buildings. Size was not very specific buit seem to be medium or large CargoMech. It very well be a Uni CargoMech but ramming seemed unusual way it was being described as being not damaged as much it should be. The author was vague about that.
« Last Edit: 21 August 2020, 06:24:56 by Wrangler »

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #839 on: 21 August 2020, 11:42:03 »
I think i spotted a new unit in Honour's Gauntlet novella. The defending civilians among argo and mining mechs had a Quad CargoMech which appears to be fitted with ram plates like the Rhino from Operational Turning Points Hanaseatic Crusade.  It was being used to ram a larger Clan assault mech and show no signs of damage after plowing through buildings. Size was not very specific buit seem to be medium or large CargoMech. It very well be a Uni CargoMech but ramming seemed unusual way it was being described as being not damaged as much it should be. The author was vague about that.

That sounds like a one-off to me with that info. However; I will list it in the Mech-It Lube

A.E. Housman