Author Topic: capture attempts question  (Read 3316 times)

PostApocalypticJake

• Recruit
capture attempts question
« on: 27 December 2014, 19:40:21 »
When making a capture attempt using a close combat formation, does each member need to have the foot speed mode? Most infantry units are foot speed units anyway, but there are plenty that aren't and I can't seem to find an answer to this specifically.
In the ROW it only talks about infantry units taking part in close combat formations and that such formations make capture attempts easier, but there's no mention of speed type limitations.
Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated, tho I may just be over- (or under-) thinking it.

guppylips

• Private
Re: capture attempts question
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2014, 19:49:02 »
speed mode foot must be present on the primary attacker in a capture attempt, but other the other members of the formation are not required to have speed mode foot; just able to make a close combat attack. 'Mechs can even contribute to the formation bonus on a capture attempt.

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2014, 21:16:30 »
Guppylips has it right.  Foot mode is required on the Primary attacker, and any mech or infantry unit that can join a close combat formation may support it. 

There is one infantry unit type that can not join any formation.  The Sylph has VTOL speed mode and has the same limitations as the VTOL combat vehicles. 

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

PostApocalypticJake

• Recruit
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2014, 22:49:32 »
Thanks so much for the speedy reply! I've had a moderate sized collection of these for years but was never able to convince my brother or any friends to play it with me. Now it seems I may finally have someone willing to give it a go after all these years, so I'm trying to familiarize myself with the rules all over again.

PostApocalypticJake

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 29 December 2014, 15:14:04 »
On a failed capture attempt using a close combat formation against a non-mech unit, does the primary attacker take 1 pushing dmg the same as if it weren't in a formation? Or does pushing dmg only occur for formation members when that formation fails against a mech (each member would receive 1)?

Register