Author Topic: Goodbye, Capella. Goodbye, BattleTech.  (Read 29947 times)

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: Goodbye, Capella. Goodbye, BattleTech.
« Reply #30 on: 01 April 2013, 13:02:09 »
It's been an interesting ride, but I've poured several hundred dollars into this franchise and I believe I haven't gotten my money's worth.  Pushing around little metal men and pretending they were board game robots has worn too thin for me.  I don't even know what kind of scenarios I want to play anymore!  There's too much to try and I never found what I liked.  BV is dumb, it doesn't help me decide what forces I should bring that make sense and are good and will help me win.  Oh also, why couldn't there have been regularly scheduled tournaments at specific BattleTech-themed venues where you must bring fully-painted miniatures that look professional to play?  I hate coming to a game and having to proxy unpainted chassis and proxy partially-assembled variants, it feels like I'm playing with bottle caps and reminds me of destitute plebeians with chess sets at the park.  Especially when I'm the one bringing all the unpainted minis because I always have amazing and great aspirations for having entire painted regiments of 'Mechs like 3rdCrucisLancers used to have but I never get around to it because I am too busy playing video games since no one will play BattleTech with me.

Not even faction affiliations made me enjoy the universe.  I mean, I tried to grin and bear it when I had the Capellan Confederation pushed on me, but it's really only left a bad taste in my mouth from all the horrible and disgusting discussions about interstellar events.  I've read and posted in so many flame wars and little thread-farts where people from elsewhere would drop by and leave a snarky one-liner that wasn't funny at all just to troll the thread.  I once thought it was my duty as a Capellan Citizen or some other make-believe job to do all this, but I can't handle the responsibility and the pressure anymore!  I have Asian parents that I only just managed to escape last year, and their words and attitudes and mindset continue to echo in my head, and drive me insane, and playing the Confederation just reminds me of that and I can't take it.  Why couldn't we all just get along like back in the original Star League?

I guess I'd have been more okay with it if they made CCAF 'Mechs more balanced, like have them able to produce weapons on par with other factions.  I'm talking about giving them more Standard Fusion Engine 'Mechs with Clan ERPPCs and Improved Heavy Gauss Rifles and Clan Double Heat Sinks, of course.  I wanted to be able to roll with whatever Capellan unit I want and my opponents needed to understand that they've already lost before the initiative dice hit the table.  Oh, and let's not forget WarShips, we needed twenty more of those, good ones like the Texas-class right now, at the beginning of the Dark Age.

Also, these forums are terrible.  I can't scroll down one stupid page without seeing a dumb forum user make an inane post about how BattleTech isn't the way HE (or she) wants it or how some loose end error from the FASA era hasn't been fixed yet and will never be or something like that.  Oh also, I hated it when the anti-Catalyst Game Labs rebel grognards clashed against the pro-Catalyst Game Labs apologists and there were posts deleted and I didn't get to read all of the hate and pent-up loneliness that I could associate with in their words.

Oh well, I guess this game's dying anyways since I can't find anybody to play a game with again and nobody answered my rules questions about Superheavy 'Mechs on the Rules Questions forum.  Just wanted to post a thread here because I'm in need of attention and you should all grovel at my feet.

The Capellans are imba and have so much fiat they haven't lost a battle since the 4th succession war, nerf pls.

It's been an interesting ride, but I've poured several hundred dollars into this franchise and I believe I haven't gotten my money's worth.  Pushing around little metal men and pretending they were board game robots has worn too thin for me.  I don't even know what kind of scenarios I want to play anymore!  There's too much to try and I never found what I liked.  BV is dumb, it doesn't help me decide what forces I should bring that make sense and are good and will help me win.  Oh also, why couldn't there have been regularly scheduled tournaments at specific BattleTech-themed venues where you must bring fully-painted miniatures that look professional to play?  I hate coming to a game and having to proxy unpainted chassis and proxy partially-assembled variants, it feels like I'm playing with bottle caps and reminds me of destitute plebeians with chess sets at the park.  Especially when I'm the one bringing all the unpainted minis because I always have amazing and great aspirations for having entire painted regiments of 'Mechs like 3rdCrucisLancers used to have but I never get around to it because I am too busy playing video games since no one will play BattleTech with me.

Not even faction affiliations made me enjoy the universe.  I mean, I tried to grin and bear it when I had the Capellan Confederation pushed on me, but it's really only left a bad taste in my mouth from all the horrible and disgusting discussions about interstellar events.  I've read and posted in so many flame wars and little thread-farts where people from elsewhere would drop by and leave a snarky one-liner that wasn't funny at all just to troll the thread.  I once thought it was my duty as a Capellan Citizen or some other make-believe job to do all this, but I can't handle the responsibility and the pressure anymore!  I have Asian parents that I only just managed to escape last year, and their words and attitudes and mindset continue to echo in my head, and drive me insane, and playing the Confederation just reminds me of that and I can't take it.  Why couldn't we all just get along like back in the original Star League?

I guess I'd have been more okay with it if they made CCAF 'Mechs more balanced, like have them able to produce weapons on par with other factions.  I'm talking about giving them more Standard Fusion Engine 'Mechs with Clan ERPPCs and Improved Heavy Gauss Rifles and Clan Double Heat Sinks, of course.  I wanted to be able to roll with whatever Capellan unit I want and my opponents needed to understand that they've already lost before the initiative dice hit the table.  Oh, and let's not forget WarShips, we needed twenty more of those, good ones like the Texas-class right now, at the beginning of the Dark Age.

Also, these forums are terrible.  I can't scroll down one stupid page without seeing a dumb forum user make an inane post about how BattleTech isn't the way HE (or she) wants it or how some loose end error from the FASA era hasn't been fixed yet and will never be or something like that.  Oh also, I hated it when the anti-Catalyst Game Labs rebel grognards clashed against the pro-Catalyst Game Labs apologists and there were posts deleted and I didn't get to read all of the hate and pent-up loneliness that I could associate with in their words.

Oh well, I guess this game's dying anyways since I can't find anybody to play a game with again and nobody answered my rules questions about Superheavy 'Mechs on the Rules Questions forum.  Just wanted to post a thread here because I'm in need of attention and you should all grovel at my feet.

Stealth armor is broken and WarShips are dumb, everyone should build monitors.

I'm done with this game until CGL releases personnel bios for every soldier in the FWL. And if CGL really cared about BattleTech they'd increase the size of armies by a factor of 500 and increase weapon range. That's the way it is IRL, so that's the way it should be in this game, amirite?

If you need attention you need to l2p n00b.

[/end april fools trolling]
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #31 on: 01 April 2013, 13:15:47 »

Okay, now you've just crossed the line with that tag.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #32 on: 01 April 2013, 13:17:13 »
Okay, now you've just crossed the line with that tag.

#YOLO #Swag #cuteguy #single #CallMe

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #33 on: 01 April 2013, 13:49:36 »
GG, can I have your drops?
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 01 April 2013, 15:48:18 »
For those who would covet my miniatures and books that I will no longer need, let it be known that I will be melting them all down into a large paper-maché-slag sculpture that I will be literally throwing down on the table of the largest BattleTech game event at GenCon and ruining the robot positioning and general mood of everyone who is attending.  And in those moments that I am maced, beaten, and dragged away from the convention by security, I will be kicking, screaming, and reaffirming the fact that I am greater than the franchise and anything it ever was or will be.
« Last Edit: 01 April 2013, 15:50:00 by Youngblood »

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #35 on: 01 April 2013, 16:05:10 »
That sounds like it will be heavy, do you even lift?
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #36 on: 01 April 2013, 16:49:53 »
Even worse, it'll be bad Feng Shuei
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #37 on: 01 April 2013, 16:59:48 »
The Capellans are imba and have so much fiat they haven't lost a battle since the 4th succession war
You know, in broad strokes I think this is accurate.

Actually that should be [/April fools trolling] or [end April fools trolling/], apart from the wrong form of brackets

Jackmc

• Captain
    • How I pay the bills
« Reply #38 on: 01 April 2013, 17:04:41 »
"You should have picked a better faction."   >:D >:D

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #39 on: 01 April 2013, 17:13:12 »
You know, in broad strokes I think this is accurate.

Actually that should be [/April fools trolling] or [end April fools trolling/], apart from the wrong form of brackets

Degman

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #40 on: 01 April 2013, 17:35:30 »
"You should have picked a better faction."   >:D >:D

True that. He should have picked the good, old FWL.

Mo more faction, no more worries  ;)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #41 on: 01 April 2013, 17:42:43 »
Its not the faction he is with that causes him grief its that he didn't pick the greatest faction of all! Yep bring back the love and join the Marion Hegemony or even better the Mandrills if the Clans are more your thing!
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #42 on: 01 April 2013, 17:46:40 »
I think he's just annoyed that Sun Tzu inherited the CC instead of Kali. I think she would have made a great Chancellor.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #43 on: 01 April 2013, 17:59:07 »
I think he's just annoyed that Sun Tzu inherited the CC instead of Kali. I think she would have made a great Chancellor.

Well, yeah. Everything that made Romano such a great Chancellor and humanitarian Kali has tenfold.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #44 on: 01 April 2013, 20:24:25 »
I'm gonna be real honest... this is the worst April fools joke ever.

It's not funny.  It's like burning down your best friends house and then yelling April Fools at him...

But I am glad it is a joke

To the patient go the spoils

Thatguybil

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #45 on: 01 April 2013, 20:33:08 »
Don't forget your towel!

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #46 on: 01 April 2013, 20:35:03 »
I'm gonna be real honest... this is the worst April fools joke ever.

It's not funny.  It's like burning down your best friends house and then yelling April Fools at him...

But I am glad it is a joke

HEY.

You shut your mouth. Arson can be HILARIOUS.

O:-)
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #47 on: 01 April 2013, 20:53:31 »
True that. He should have picked the good, old FWL.

Mo more faction, no more worries  ;)

Nonsense.  House Liao FTW!!!  Zhen Sheng! O0
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #48 on: 01 April 2013, 21:07:39 »
Life is like a cereal, Mickie likes it.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #49 on: 01 April 2013, 21:35:32 »
Nonsense.  House Liao FTW!!!  Zhen Sheng! O0

WHAT THE HECK your spoiler'd sig doesn't say "made you look" anymore!!

Welp, there goes the neighborhood.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #50 on: 01 April 2013, 22:29:45 »
If April fools, I honestly don't see the punchline.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #51 on: 01 April 2013, 22:30:56 »
If April fools, I honestly don't see the punchline.

then try harder!  ;D
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #52 on: 01 April 2013, 22:38:37 »
WHAT THE HECK your spoiler'd sig doesn't say "made you look" anymore!!

Welp, there goes the neighborhood.

Well, then, I'll say it now: MADE YOU LOOK!!!!!!  :D

(Seriously, I changed it when an associate of mine passed away.  I would've gone back to it, but I thought I'd change it to see who notices! :) )
"Son, if dynamite was dangerous, do you think they'd sell it to an idiot like me?"~Al Bundy
Five rounds, rapid!

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #53 on: 02 April 2013, 00:06:28 »
Typical martian post.  I already have you on my Block list for being too smart at me.

Well played.  ;D
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: 02 April 2013, 00:47:35 »
GUYS, WEIRDEST THING happened to me.  I went to bed on Sunday night and had this stupidly vivid dream that I vomited out a wall of text on the General Discussion forum and people woke up and started posting on it with just about every single off-topic response ever!

...I don't have to clean up after this, do I?

ClarkeMarek

• Captain
  • The original
« Reply #55 on: 02 April 2013, 00:51:32 »
GUYS, WEIRDEST THING happened to me.  I went to bed on Sunday night and had this stupidly vivid dream that I vomited out a wall of text on the General Discussion forum and people woke up and started posting on it with just about every single off-topic response ever!

...I don't have to clean up after this, do I?

No.  The mods will just lock it.  That, or sweep it to the MW Hall.  BTW, if it makes you feel any better, I dreamt I was a Capellan.

Ah, dammit.  Last time I mix Coke and Stoli.
Five rounds, rapid!

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #56 on: 02 April 2013, 00:54:28 »
Lovely parody, my friend!  8 stars out of 10.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #57 on: 02 April 2013, 00:56:11 »
Depends on what kind of coke you're mixing, CM...  O:-)
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: 02 April 2013, 00:56:55 »
Lovely parody, my friend!  8 stars out of 10.

Would troll again?

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #59 on: 02 April 2013, 00:58:30 »
Would troll again.
Maker of big things.

Register