Author Topic: AToW Campaign: Closed  (Read 8404 times)

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
AToW Campaign: Closed
« on: 21 August 2011, 09:18:20 »
I intend on starting a mercenary Role-playing campaign using the AToW system. I intend on starting it in the years following the end of the 4thSW. So it will start with the old Level 1 favorites, but we will begin seeing new designs as well as new technologies. This is also a very busy time, with two brush wars coming up and the War of 3039 on the near horizon. I will be using the Intelser site, so come visit and sign up. I only intend to start off with a small to moderate sized group, so sign up early. http://intelser.org/forums/index.php?topic=3242.0

« Last Edit: 31 December 2011, 22:22:57 by GreyJaeger »
"The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost."
~Arthur Schopenhauer

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
Re: AToW Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2011, 06:19:03 »
 I have started a blog for gaming in general, and for this campaign in particular. I have currently began working on an example of character creation. Please, check it out. http://gamecentral01.blogspot.com/2011/09/stefan-von-braun-atow-character.html
"The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost."
~Arthur Schopenhauer

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
Re: AToW Campaign
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2011, 12:40:27 »
Started building the Iron Templars Mercenary Command. Take a look. http://gamecentral01.blogspot.com/2011/09/mercenary-creation-iron-templars.html
~Arthur Schopenhauer

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
Re: AToW Campaign: Now Recruiting
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2011, 08:51:00 »
I am opening up recruitment for the Iron Templars. There are plenty of space available, and characters from any background, with some obvious exceptions, are welcome. Here are the rules for making characters.

1. Using A Time of War Ruleset.
2. 5500xp. Max age 0f 30, max amount of additional Negative Traits 500xp.
3. Ask about Officer Rank maximums. There are only so many Officer slots available.
4. Inner Sphere, Periphery, and Independent Affiliations only. No Clans, Belters, Jarnfolk. Any questions ask.
5. Unless the character owns their Mech, Aerospace Fighter, Vehicle, etc., the character will be assigned to one of the company vehicles.
6. Starting year is 3034, base backgrounds, Affiliations, vehicles, etc., accordingly.
7. Any rolls are to be made on the Intelser site, located at http://intelser.org/forums/index.php?topic=3468.0.
8. Players do not need to worry about buying run of the mill clothing. In other words, I am not going to stress everyone buying every pair of shoes, jeans, and t-shirts. If the character was former military, he will have a couple jumpsuits, BDUs, a dress uniform, and a couple pairs of standard combat boots. Now if the character chooses to wear the newest fashions of the finest materials, yes, that does need to be tracked. But assume that characters have a half-dozen changes of clothes.
9. Standard combat gear, such as the Mechwarriors package of Neuro-Helmet, Plasteel Boots, Cooling Vest, and shorts is provided by the unit if the character pilots a company vehicle, or comes with the mech if it is a personal ride.

You can also check out my blog at http://gamecentral01.blogspot.com/2011/09/warriors-wanted-iron-templars.html

Mechs
Archer ARC-2S [70] (CO)
OSR-3C Ostroc [60]
VLK-QF Valkyrie [35]
STG-3R Stinger [20]
OSR-3C Ostroc [60]
TBT-5N Trebuchet [50]
FS9-H Firestarter [35]
WSP-1A Wasp [20]
FS9-K Firestarter [35]
STG-3R Stinger [20]
PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk [45]
DV-6M Dervish [55]
STG-3R Stinger [20]
OTL-4D Ostsol [60]
CN9-A Centurion [50]
PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk [45]

Aerospace Fighters
CSR-V12 Corsair [50]
TR-7 Thrush [25]
CNT-1D Centurion [30]
CSR-V12M Corsair [50]

Vehicles
Prowler (SW) [55]
Vedette [50]
Packrat [20]
Vedette [50]
Behemoth [100]
Pegasus [35]
« Last Edit: 24 September 2011, 11:29:04 by GreyJaeger »
~Arthur Schopenhauer

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2011, 11:20:53 »
I might be interested ... got to see how my new work schedule works out...
I am a bit of (mostly) a night owl so 0600-2:30 pm  fri-tues is a little brutal for me

edit
forgot to mention I am in the pacific time zone

« Last Edit: 20 September 2011, 18:44:32 by guardiandashi »

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2011, 17:35:07 »
I might be interested ... got to see how my new work schedule works out...
I am a bit of (mostly) a night owl so 0600-2:30 pm  fri-tues is a little brutal for me

Heh.. I work overnights, so that will not be much of an issue. :D
~Arthur Schopenhauer

Blacksheep

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 20 September 2011, 18:31:20 »
Bookmark O0

Warpimp

• Warrant Officer
    • "Down, Out, and Dispossessed in the Third Succession War" my BattleTech Fan Fiction
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2011, 11:18:56 »
So will it be play by post or over skype or something else?
"Down, Out, and Dispossessed in the Third Succession War" my BattleTech Fan Fiction
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,38140.0.html

"Against the Clans" Against the Bot ruleset for Clan campaigns project thread
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,39685.0.html

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 22 September 2011, 11:28:32 »
no internet at home so I can't.  but would otherwise love to. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

WarGod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2011, 12:21:17 »
PC Sheet,
BTW I'm not sure what Vehicle 300 means, but if possible I want to own/ pilot a T-bolt.  I can fill in back ground , I'm still kinda working on that.  Now back to teaching the locales on how to use there shiny new machine guns
A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested
You're falling through the air in a Grenadier. Style went out the window long before you did.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 22 September 2011, 15:38:12 »
if its using atow rules then that means you qualify for a light mech

WarGod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 22 September 2011, 23:17:03 »
Damn
A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested
You're falling through the air in a Grenadier. Style went out the window long before you did.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 22 September 2011, 23:25:22 »
the general vehicle trait table is on pg 129

its a 10 point trait

IE for battlemechs 0-100 xp = no mech (or less)  200-300 equal light 400 to 500 equals medium 600-700 equals heavy 800+ equals assault

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
« Reply #13 on: 23 September 2011, 08:21:04 »
PC Sheet,
BTW I'm not sure what Vehicle 300 means, but if possible I want to own/ pilot a T-bolt.  I can fill in back ground , I'm still kinda working on that.  Now back to teaching the locales on how to use there shiny new machine guns

Yeah.. In order to pilot a heavy, you need Vehicle 6. If you want to own your mech, you need at least two more levels. For example, the CO owns his Archer outright, so he has Vehicle 6 (2), or 8 total levels. If you wish to choose a specific vehicle, you need the appropriate level of Custom Vehicle. Depending on the variant, CV will be either a 2 or 3.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, players do not need to worry about buying run of the mill clothing. In other words, I am not going to stress everyone buying every pair of shoes, jeans, and t-shirts. If the character was former military, he will have a couple jumpsuits, BDUs, a dress uniform, and a couple pairs of standard combat boots. Now if the character chooses to wear the newest fashions of the finest materials, yes, that does need to be tracked.

Have added a couple points to character creation rules concerning equipment.
« Last Edit: 23 September 2011, 08:27:33 by GreyJaeger »
~Arthur Schopenhauer

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
« Reply #14 on: 24 September 2011, 01:34:45 »
Current Mechs in the Iron Templars Possession.

ARC-2S Archer (CO) [70]
OSR-3C Ostroc [60]
VLK-QF Valkyrie [35]
STG-3R Stinger [20]
OSR-3C Ostroc [60]
UM- R60 Urbanmech [30]
TBT-5N Trebuchet [50]
FS9-H Firestarter [35]
WSP-1A Wasp [20]
FS9-K Firestarter [35]
STG-3R Stinger [20]
PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk [45]
DV-6M Dervish [55]
STG-3R Stinger [20]
OTL-4D Ostsol [60]
CN9-A Centurion [50]
PXH-1 Phoenix Hawk [45]
~Arthur Schopenhauer

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
« Reply #15 on: 27 September 2011, 08:39:31 »
Contracts have been generated for the Iron Templars. Two Objective Raids for Comstar, and an Extraction Raid for the Draconis Combine.

Here are the offers, and their starting terms. Details have not been hammered out yet, but I have some ideas.

Comstar Objective Raid Starting Terms
Length of Contract 1 month
Command-House
Overhead- Full
Salvage-40%
Support Type- 40% Straight
Transport-Full

Comstar Objective Raid Starting Terms
Length of Contract 1 month
Command- House
Overhead-Half
Salvage-50%
Support Type Battle Loss 50%
Transport-Full

Draconis Combine Extraction Raid Starting Terms
Length of Contract 1 Month
Command- House
Overhead- None
Salvage- 20%
Support Type- 50% Battle Loss
Transport- 55%

I would really like to get this going. If anyone is interested, or needs help making characters, shoot me an e-mail. Really need some officers yet to make a staff steam.
~Arthur Schopenhauer

Warpimp

• Warrant Officer
    • "Down, Out, and Dispossessed in the Third Succession War" my BattleTech Fan Fiction
« Reply #16 on: 27 September 2011, 13:26:01 »
How many actual players do we have.
"Down, Out, and Dispossessed in the Third Succession War" my BattleTech Fan Fiction

Warpimp

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #17 on: 27 September 2011, 15:48:33 »
I vote for the Second Comstar Contract

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #18 on: 27 September 2011, 18:26:12 »
Honestly, if you were running it here, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.  I'm already on three message boards, and that's more than enough.

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
« Reply #19 on: 27 September 2011, 18:34:04 »
Honestly, if you were running it here, I'd be on it in a heartbeat.  I'm already on three message boards, and that's more than enough.

The reason I am using another board is because it has a built in dice roller. Makes things much easier.
~Arthur Schopenhauer

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #20 on: 27 September 2011, 19:08:54 »
Good point, though I'm still reluctant to add another board.  Myth Weavers has some nice features, and I'm in several games over there.

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
« Reply #21 on: 27 September 2011, 19:52:49 »
Good point, though I'm still reluctant to add another board.  Myth Weavers has some nice features, and I'm in several games over there.

Trust me.. I understand completely. If you change your mind, the more the merrier.  :)
~Arthur Schopenhauer

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #22 on: 27 September 2011, 20:12:01 »
I'll certainly keep you in mind (and check here for updates), thanks!

Coronoides

• Private
« Reply #23 on: 31 December 2011, 21:01:30 »
Still got room for another? (this thread is a bit old)
Always seeking BT players in Melbourne

GreyJaeger

• Sergeant
  • Prepare for War.
« Reply #24 on: 31 December 2011, 22:22:20 »
I had to shut it down due to lack of interest. Maybe in the future I will give it another shot.
~Arthur Schopenhauer

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
Re: AToW Campaign: Closed
« Reply #25 on: 31 December 2011, 23:36:02 »
FYI, I found another SMF board with a die roller installed and asked a Mod about why there isn't one here.  The good news is he's looking into it.  The bad news is he suspects its due to load on the server, not implementation obstacles.

Coronoides

• Private
« Reply #26 on: 01 January 2012, 05:08:39 »
Other games I'm in use the company site but outsource die rolling to Invisible Castle or just go on trust.
Always seeking BT players in Melbourne

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #27 on: 01 January 2012, 08:13:20 »
FYI, I found another SMF board with a die roller installed and asked a Mod about why there isn't one here.  The good news is he's looking into it.  The bad news is he suspects its due to load on the server, not implementation obstacles.
I hope we can get a yes to virtual dice.  Makes roll playing so much easier, and I second the 'I'm already here, rather not sign up for another forum to role play' sentiment.

Still, pity I didn't see this earlier.  Would have liked to get in on the action.  Hopefully Solaris 7 opens back up soon.

Daemonknight228

• Lieutenant
  • mei veneratio est mei vita
« Reply #28 on: 06 January 2012, 23:33:56 »
FYI, I tossed up my own recruitment thread above this one, and Grey has said he'd jump into the campaign I'd be running. I'm leaving the option of start era open to players, but if people liked his premise, its perfectly fine to me.

Again, the reason I'm not running it here is because of the lack of the die roller, and because I can customize the boards myself over on Intelser to suit our needs.
Global Moderator - Intelser.org

"I imagine he burned up on re-entry. That kind of happens when one is spaced in orbit without any kind of flight suit, parachute, or other protective gear...."
-Herb Beas

Space him from orbit...it's the only way to be sure.