Author Topic: Looking for names of regular Great House units in the game  (Read 5333 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Looking for names of regular Great House units in the game
« on: 05 November 2018, 16:15:23 »
So I'll be painting up DA era battalions for House Liao, Davion, Kurita, and Marik using the DA paintschemes.

But the completist in me wants to know what the House units  represented are, if this is available anywhere. Era Report: Dark Age gives me the factions, but not the houses. Yes, I know the League don't get a mention, I'll work something out.

My understanding is that each house (like each faction) had a Green, Veteran, and Elite unit named. Anyone able to help me out here?

Thanks,

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

The Wayfarer

• Master Sergeant
Re: Looking for names of regular Great House units in the game
« Reply #1 on: 09 November 2018, 06:14:00 »
Worktroll,

Go to Warrenborn.com > Mechwarrior > Lances and Stars.  You will see unit insignias which should help you with canon paint schemes.  I’ve never checked to see how canonical Mechwarrior paint schemes are but you can in the Units section.  May take a little hunting.

Mike
Revelations 6:8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2018, 07:05:19 »
MW:DA paint schemes didn't line up with old ones. It was decided early in the game that pieces should be easily identifiable by faction and not necessarily unit. WK picked two colors appropriate to the faction and had three base schemes for each faction. Mostly one color, most the other color, and 50% mix of the two colors. It was effective in reaching that goal.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2018, 15:18:21 »
Thanks gents. The Wayfarer, that advice was perfect - I use the units link at Warrenborn extensively, hadn't explored the Lance link.

Cavingjan, I get your point, but I've decided to paint up DA battalions matching the DA mini schemes (more or less), just because.  I've got (checks spreadsheet) 47 other battalion (or trinary) plus sized units in canon schemes as is, I'm not worried ;)

W.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2018, 20:37:01 »
No problem. I'm glad you like warrenborn.

Andy_in_Indy

• Private
    • Club Cyberia Makerspace
« Reply #5 on: 06 December 2018, 12:52:53 »
So I'll be painting up DA era battalions for House Liao, Davion, Kurita, and Marik using the DA paintschemes.

I have been trying to find a good match for the Liao Ocher paint.  Any suggestions or did you just mix it by sight?

-Andy in Indy
"Where there is life, there's threat!"

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 07 December 2018, 04:23:52 »
It's a problem, true. I intend to use a brown wash, so I'm looking for a lighter shade. To date I've got too light, and too yellow. Need to find time to hit the local hobby shop :( Still, I've got about 9 other battalion groups waiting to be painted, so I suppose I can wait ;)