Author Topic: what's next ?  (Read 3140 times)

firekite

• Corporal
what's next ?
« on: 29 January 2018, 23:24:00 »
has anyone heard what's next for Alpha Strike ?
 [blank]

Geont

• Master Sergeant
Re: what's next ?
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2018, 04:42:40 »
I only know what we don't get... another Combat Manual.
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2018, 11:04:46 »
Right now the focus is on the new core box sets, which of course are compatible with AS, and provide (awesome) minis.

the one after that is Ilclan, which is a pretty major storybook/rulebook.

The biggest issue facing Catalyst is simply that they can only have so many things being produced at once, so AS won't see something major at least in the first half of the year, if not further.
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2018, 16:28:58 »
Right now the focus is on the new core box sets, which of course are compatible with AS, and provide (awesome) minis.

Well, the Awesome is just one of the minis included ;)
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

firekite

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: 31 January 2018, 01:01:31 »
Ilclan has been a long time in the making and I look forward to it. I Loved the Combat manuals! I wish they would continue those but when all is said and done there's just so many hours in a day.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2018, 13:02:53 »
Roundtop has the gist of it.
New Box Sets and novels are the main focus it appears.

I'm not quite ready to quit on the Combat Manual series, or else I'd probably find the willpower to do it on my own as a fan-work.  At least the data side (listing units, force compositions, SCAs, unit availaiblity lists, etc).
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2018, 16:46:28 »
Roundtop has the gist of it.
New Box Sets and novels are the main focus it appears.

I'm not quite ready to quit on the Combat Manual series, or else I'd probably find the willpower to do it on my own as a fan-work.  At least the data side (listing units, force compositions, SCAs, unit availaiblity lists, etc).

Well, keep up the fight, as there are a lot of us out here who really, really, REALLY want that info!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

firekite

• Corporal
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2018, 23:54:00 »
I'll second that.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #8 on: 01 February 2018, 00:12:28 »
I'll third that.  Really liked the first two!  8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #9 on: 02 February 2018, 03:02:49 »
Sad we didn't get the Steiner Combat Manual. I was even prepared to buy the Davion combat manual.  :(

Armond

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 02 February 2018, 19:12:43 »
I seriously hope they are just putting it on the back burner till they finish up the sets!  I would love a book from every faction!

calendraug

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 03 February 2018, 10:55:11 »
would like the combat manuals completed. Particularly Comstar and the Clans then you could do a nice big Tukyyid battle.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 03 February 2018, 11:44:53 »
I'd like to see the Combat Manuals line go by era rather than continuing with a by-faction paradigm.

firekite

• Corporal
« Reply #13 on: 03 February 2018, 17:11:29 »
I'd like to see the Combat Manuals line go by era rather than continuing with a by-faction paradigm.

that's a very interesting idea. so 1 for each of the era's covering all the factions of that era. they could give us a insight into the  tactics and strategies of each era and be the perfect companions to the era / history books. they could possibly be a great campaign resource for each era. I'd buy these! then maybe a lance pack line for era specific Mechs of each era? the more I think about it the More i love this idea!
« Last Edit: 03 February 2018, 17:13:07 by firekite »

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 03 February 2018, 20:42:32 »
that's a very interesting idea. so 1 for each of the era's covering all the factions of that era. they could give us a insight into the  tactics and strategies of each era and be the perfect companions to the era / history books. they could possibly be a great campaign resource for each era. I'd buy these! then maybe a lance pack line for era specific Mechs of each era? the more I think about it the More i love this idea!

I'm sure they'd sell better than the faction-specific books.  They'd probably be bigger and more expensive book per book so I have no idea if increased sales would compensate... but as a layman on the topic I'd assume so.  It sounds good anyway...

firekite

• Corporal
« Reply #15 on: 04 February 2018, 13:28:26 »
one can dream, hopefully they will come up with a way to go forward.

JadedFalcon

• Lieutenant
  • Wins at Battleteching
« Reply #16 on: 05 February 2018, 00:38:24 »
While I would love to see era-themed combat manuals, those really wouldn't fix the problems with the product. Combat Manual: Wars of Reaving and Combat Manual: Operation Klondike would be kinda cool though.

Achtung Minen!

• Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: 11 February 2018, 23:13:45 »
Another one chiming in for era-specific combat manuals!