Author Topic: Big Stompy Robots - San Antonio  (Read 3599 times)

Lyran Wolf

• Come the Millenial!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
Big Stompy Robots - San Antonio
« on: 28 July 2019, 15:04:22 »
So the trip to the FLGS was a success! Met the store owner who I believe was rather happy to get a fellow Battletech player in the store. 

The beginner game we played to knock the rust off, and there was a good bit or rust between the two of us, had the intended effect of drawing considerable attention.  One game turned into a 2 vs 2 and some more teaching.  Much fun was had by all and we are in the process of setting up a learn to play event Mid-August.  The visibility brought out the nostalgia in many a patron, so hoping to ride the momentum and build a local Battletech community.

For the second game the Locust somehow turned into an absolute zombie.  It ended up being the first to go down but not until after a considerable amount of effort.  Let's just say that when the table erupts in laughter because you are glad to be hit in the head, you know you should use forced withdrawal next time  ;D
CDT Agent #1000
Author - The Weight of a Name (Shrapnel #4), Hard Choices (Shrapnel #14)

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Re: Big Stompy Robots - San Antonio
« Reply #1 on: 28 August 2019, 13:13:31 »
Let's just say that when the table erupts in laughter because you are glad to be hit in the head, you know you should use forced withdrawal next time  ;D

All hail the unstoppable Locust! It does seem that they either go off like popcorn, or just keep on running ...
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."