Author Topic: Star Wars General Discussion: Somehow The Thread Returned  (Read 17121 times)

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Re: Star Wars General Discussion: Somehow The Thread Returned
« Reply #60 on: 29 March 2023, 15:51:47 »
A two episode finale to Bad Batch season two, and DAMN what episodes they were!
I have spoken.

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #62 on: 07 April 2023, 09:21:49 »
New Star Wars movie announced with Rey - set 15 years after Rise of Skywalker.

Also another new movie announced which will be a Cross-over bridging the TV shows, directed by Dave Filoni.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #63 on: 07 April 2023, 10:49:09 »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Garrand

• Warrant Officer
  • "Nicht kleckern, klotzen!"
Book Blog: bookslikedust.blogspot.com
Minis Blog: minislikedust.blogspot.com

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #65 on: 07 April 2023, 12:48:10 »
EDIT.

Oystein beat me to it.
« Last Edit: 07 April 2023, 14:04:22 by Fat Guy »
I have spoken.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #67 on: 07 April 2023, 13:14:46 »
I am super excited for Ahsoka series. Also live action Sabine and Thrawn are in it. 
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #68 on: 07 April 2023, 13:19:19 »
And Hera and Chopper.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #69 on: 07 April 2023, 13:35:53 »
Oh yeah those two as well. My bad for forgetting those two.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #70 on: 07 April 2023, 13:40:43 »
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #71 on: 07 April 2023, 14:36:08 »
I can see Mark Hamill appearing every so often in Ghost Mode, Wouldn't that also imply Palpatine shadowing his Apprentice Master? As Yoda said, 'There is always a Master for every Apprentice, [sic]the Sith have one[/sic].

Who would that be, as Snoke was a Palpatine puppet...

And would Grogu and Mando show up? I mean, Boba *still* lives... technically. Why wouldn't he, Din Djarin, not be still around? And would we see any of the Yuuzhan Vong War? Or anything pre-Darth Mickey for that matter? Like his marriage to The Emperors Hand, Mara Jade?

TT
« Last Edit: 07 April 2023, 14:47:35 by truetanker »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #72 on: 07 April 2023, 14:49:38 »
Personally i hope that there won't be Yuuzhan Vong War considering that I didn't like that story line first time around so what chance there is that I would like it second time around. Besides why would they even do that one or Mara Jade when Legends fans would still hate it on principle.

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #73 on: 07 April 2023, 14:56:38 »
If the Vong show up I'll drop watching Star Wars for eternity. Worst part of EU ever.

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #74 on: 07 April 2023, 15:13:27 »
Looks like the Critical Drinker was right again when he predicted that Rey was coming back. Let the hate begin lol.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #75 on: 07 April 2023, 15:45:26 »
If the Vong show up I'll drop watching Star Wars for eternity. Worst part of EU ever.

I totally agree. It was what made be stop reading EU in first place.

Also I am sure same people that hate every new material on principle will hate Rey getting her own movie but then again they wouldn't watch it anyway so why would LucasFilm care. I in other I am little glad that Rey and her actress get new chance but in other had it's something new for usual suspects to be outraged over no matter how stupid reason it is.     

Garrand

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #76 on: 07 April 2023, 17:29:37 »

Wish there was a like function. Completely agree!

Damon.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #77 on: 07 April 2023, 18:05:30 »
Why all the hate for the Vong?  I've not read those books, so I'm curious.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Garrand

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #78 on: 07 April 2023, 21:19:39 »
For me it was a combination of issues. But one of the biggest was The Superman effect. The Jedi had become the Superman of the SW galaxy. They could do anything; they were well nigh invincible. So how do you challenge that? You throw in a big bad where their powers don't work! The thing is that the best Superman stories that challenge him are not the ones where his superpowers are negated, but the ones where his superpowers just don't help the situation. He can't super-punch the situation to a resolution. In the same way, a meaningful, challenging story for the Jedi isn't fighting an enemy that can negate their Force powers, but one in which their Force powers are not an auto-win. I just think it was a creative low & they could have done better.

Damon.

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #79 on: 08 April 2023, 10:18:32 »
Lars Mikkelsen (who also played Thrawn in Rebels) is Thrawn in Ahsoka.

Fat Guy

• Major
« Reply #80 on: 08 April 2023, 12:44:56 »
Nice to have it finally confirmed. Been hearing it rumored for a while now.
I have spoken.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #81 on: 18 April 2023, 06:07:35 »
. In the same way, a meaningful, challenging story for the Jedi isn't fighting an enemy that can negate their Force powers, but one in which their Force powers are not an auto-win. I just think it was a creative low & they could have done better.

Damon.

Part issues is there no ongoing steady persons writing up and keeping up with what all the lore. The post-Disney writers have been hit and miss (mainly film side of the house/directors [i blame directors/producers more on that front].) That said, if you look at i would term non-canon sources such as RPG systems in the past, they did have counters to Force Users, Jedi and the Sith are bound one ...genre/group that uses the force. Not entire shooting match.  There are user group or individuals whom use force without same background.  Light & Dark isn't as straight for them, there Grey force users.  More balance than balance but they're easily pulled in one direction.   Sisters were group from RPG, I do think they have mention in the Cartoons/CGI Animated television shows of their existence.  Their essentially dark force users, but not by Sith teachings.

Either case, my point is that Disney writers/directors/etc have not been pouching from other source of Legend/Legacy yet. Frankly, it's why the Jedi look like their all powerful no one to compare them too. Universe focus is too centric on Jedi unfortunately. Having other groups out there doing completely different way of using the force would help a lot for universe in general.  However, its lack creativity on Lucas Light and Magic which is part of the bigger problem, since taken over by Disney ownership.  Their not branching out trying anything new.  Given Disney's corporate nature, I would fear how much generic/crappier the SW universe will get.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #82 on: 18 April 2023, 12:49:21 »
Why all the hate for the Vong?  I've not read those books, so I'm curious.

IMO the hate, stems from the writers killing off chewie in the very first novel.. 
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #83 on: 18 April 2023, 16:14:52 »
Part issues is there no ongoing steady persons writing up and keeping up with what all the lore. The post-Disney writers have been hit and miss (mainly film side of the house/directors [i blame directors/producers more on that front].) That said, if you look at i would term non-canon sources such as RPG systems in the past, they did have counters to Force Users, Jedi and the Sith are bound one ...genre/group that uses the force. Not entire shooting match.  There are user group or individuals whom use force without same background.  Light & Dark isn't as straight for them, there Grey force users.  More balance than balance but they're easily pulled in one direction.   Sisters were group from RPG, I do think they have mention in the Cartoons/CGI Animated television shows of their existence.  Their essentially dark force users, but not by Sith teachings.

Either case, my point is that Disney writers/directors/etc have not been pouching from other source of Legend/Legacy yet. Frankly, it's why the Jedi look like their all powerful no one to compare them too. Universe focus is too centric on Jedi unfortunately. Having other groups out there doing completely different way of using the force would help a lot for universe in general.  However, its lack creativity on Lucas Light and Magic which is part of the bigger problem, since taken over by Disney ownership.  Their not branching out trying anything new.  Given Disney's corporate nature, I would fear how much generic/crappier the SW universe will get.

Thing is that most of Legends was miss. This is because there was so much material and lot of different authors writing those that they kept repeating same plot points that others had already done. While Legends did have some good ideas as well as some good material it wasn't this flawless continuity that it's fans seem to claim while only remembering good parts. I don't want to anger Legends fans but I think that it needs to be pointed out that it wasn't what they think it is while (unfairly imo) hating everything that is made during Disney era. And yes I used to be Legends fan so I did read both good and bad parts of it with Vong war being what broke the straw so to speak and made me to quit Legends all together.   

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #84 on: 18 April 2023, 18:00:39 »

The comics series for the High Republic, as well as the novels for the same have been showing non-Jedi/Sith Force users for a few years now.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #85 on: 18 April 2023, 18:34:32 »
The Vong are also compared alot to Tyranids.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #86 on: 18 April 2023, 18:54:37 »
Yeah to many (including to me) they felt very 40k rather than SW.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #87 on: 22 April 2023, 09:17:07 »
I saw this and thought of that.

A Lockheed A-12 mounted upside-down during radar tests at Area 51.

The J-type 327 Nubian Royal Starship aka Naboo Royal Starship.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #89 on: 24 April 2023, 16:11:35 »
turns out.. nope there is, its its own dedicated position with the title "keeper of the holocron"
https://www.wired.com/2008/08/ff-starwarscanon/
https://www.starwars.com/news/introducing-leland-chee
https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2017/08/23/leland-chee-keeper-star-wars-holocron/

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Leland_Chee
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lucasfilm_Story_Group
That's good.  I wish some of the creative writers would listen to him more. Lol.  Sometimes it seems potential show runners / writers are like they're only listening to the bits they like.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register