Author Topic: M977 Cargo HEMTT  (Read 5757 times)

NovaCatRistar

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
  • The Star League will never die !!!
M977 Cargo HEMTT
« on: 07 March 2012, 21:37:07 »
What record sheet should I use to represent the M977 Cargo HEMTT ?

"If you learn to read, than you will be able to write; and with that all dreams are possible."

FedCom4Ever

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • NW Classic Battletech
    • Northwest Classic Battletech
Re: M977 Cargo HEMTT
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2012, 22:36:45 »
How about the 10 ton Flatbed Truck from 3060 TRO. It's also wheeled and is used by just about everyone.
Catalyst Demo Team Member #68
Visit Northwest Classic Battletech on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/FedCom4ever
My Battletech Photos:
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/Giskard01/FedCom4Ever%20Painted%20Battlemechs/

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2012, 22:58:22 »
Try using a 20 ton flat truck as the HEMTT weighs in at 38,800 lbs.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Jackmc

• Captain
    • How I pay the bills
« Reply #3 on: 08 March 2012, 00:21:00 »
split the difference and make it a 15 ton vee as BT uses metric tons.

-Jackmc

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #4 on: 08 March 2012, 00:28:32 »
That works too. I was looking on wiki and saw the weight for a stock M977/M985.  :)
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 08 March 2012, 16:14:49 »
It should be noted that the ~17.5 metric ton weight noted for the HEMTT on the wiki page is it's empty weight, it has a ~10 ton capacity in it's cargo bed, fully loaded it's about 28 metric tons (45 tons with trailer, all weights are in metric). The HEMTT is a "10 ton" truck after all.

As such I made a reasonable approximation found here

Edit:
XTRO primitives II has the Randolph support vehicle a 35 ton truck (tracked) that carry's 9 tons (and tows about 35t), though it's been "obsolete" scene 2500...
« Last Edit: 08 March 2012, 16:22:53 by Nebfer »

Jackmc

• Captain
    • How I pay the bills
« Reply #6 on: 08 March 2012, 16:39:07 »
As such I made a reasonable approximation found here

Actualyl, it really doens't approximate it at all.  In BT, flatbed trucks carry their cargo as external cargo and thus weigh much less.

-Jackmc

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 08 March 2012, 20:05:12 »
My take might be this:

Combat truck   10 tons
Wheeled    
40 ICE (2 tons)
6 (65 kph) (41 mph)   
9 (97 kph) (61 mph)   

Internals:  1   (1 ton)
controls:           (.5 ton)

36 Commercial BAR-5   (1.5 ton)
9/9   

Cargo Capacity   (5 ton)
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 08 March 2012, 21:11:21 »
Actualyl, it really doens't approximate it at all.  In BT, flatbed trucks carry their cargo as external cargo and thus weigh much less.

-Jackmc
Right....  ::)

Similar loaded weight, similar internal cargo capability, similar speed, looks close enough to me. I do not view the cargo rules as a units rated capability more of a overloaded capacity / towing ability.

Devens

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: 09 March 2012, 07:56:29 »

-Jackmc

Not entirely true.  Most have cargo room dedicated in its tonnage, but use external cargo rules to enable the truck to carry a mech and call it a Battlemech Recovery Vehicle.

A battlemech recovery vehicle is a HEMTT style Flatbed Truck that uses both its built in cargo capacity and the external cargo rules so it can haul a mech that is larger than itself.

Jackmc

• Captain
    • How I pay the bills
« Reply #10 on: 09 March 2012, 15:15:00 »
A battlemech recovery vehicle is a HEMTT style Flatbed Truck that uses both its built in cargo capacity and the external cargo rules so it can haul a mech that is larger than itself.

While everyone I know (including me) plays it this way, technically I do beleive that this is a rules violation as it places the same cargo where it is both is and isn't protected by the vehicle's armor since by definition mass devoted to cargo during vehcile construction is carried internally.

-Jackmc

rlbell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 09 March 2012, 15:28:58 »
While everyone I know (including me) plays it this way, technically I do beleive that this is a rules violation as it places the same cargo where it is both is and isn't protected by the vehicle's armor since by definition mass devoted to cargo during vehcile construction is carried internally.

-Jackmc

How would the rules handle a vehicle that hauls cargo by bolting on a flatbed to the top deck, after removing a massive turret?

I am cobbling together a campaign and the rebels have little choice but to haul stuff with an anti-air vehicle that has a 50.5t turret (8xAC/2's and 40pts of armor), on a 100t chassis.
Q: Why are children so cute?
A: So parents do not kill them.

That joke usually divides the room into two groups:  those that are mortally offended, and parents

Jackmc

• Captain
    • How I pay the bills
« Reply #12 on: 09 March 2012, 15:56:37 »
How would the rules handle a vehicle that hauls cargo by bolting on a flatbed to the top deck, after removing a massive turret?

I am cobbling together a campaign and the rebels have little choice but to haul stuff with an anti-air vehicle that has a 50.5t turret (8xAC/2's and 40pts of armor), on a 100t chassis.

They don't, though what I'd do is reclass the vehicle as a 50 tonner and then uses the external cargo rules for the carried cargo.

-Jackmc

Devens

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 09 March 2012, 17:40:49 »

-Jackmc

The Battletmech recovery vehjicles are from the Fanpro era.  So while it may have changed rules-wise since then, clearly it at least was Legal when it was designed.

Jackmc

• Captain
    • How I pay the bills
« Reply #14 on: 09 March 2012, 18:14:13 »
The Battletmech recovery vehjicles are from the Fanpro era.  So while it may have changed rules-wise since then, clearly it at least was Legal when it was designed.

Yeah, back in the FASA days, the Plantetlifter used a simlar method, thoguh  I think it has since been retconned.

-Jackmc

Register