Author Topic: [IC] TOW - LAAF CIO - Port Moseby  (Read 28919 times)

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
  • prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
Re: [IC] TOW - LAAF CIO - Port Moseby
« Reply #60 on: 22 August 2014, 16:19:37 »
Ono circled around the mansion. The evening was coming fast and after half an hour there was not much too see. Still he got a good look over the surroundings in few kilometer in each directions.

There was a small suburbian town surrounded by arable land on the way to starport to the south, a large forested hills area to the west, an ocean coastline to the north and mining facility to the east (further to the east is a coastline also).

Quote from: ooc
I need some more time to put up the map.
I'll edit the post when I'll manage to do it, but you can ask a direct question if you have any.

make a sensor operations roll skill check please

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #61 on: 23 August 2014, 00:38:44 »
3 July 2067, 1030 UTT
121/249 PY 1600/1845 PT
Port Moseby,  Horstwald 20 km north of Feintuch

He stopped eating, and with a grace, you wouldn't have expect from a man of his posture, stood up and came around the table to greet you. He looked (not offensively) but carefully at both of them and proceeded to greet the lady with an old gentleman's charm.
You look marvelous, Dame Cymbeline. Will you introduce me? but he wasn't waiting Thorsten, doctor of the house.

Minerva smiled to him the kind of genuine looking smile that people in public relations do when they are good in their work. Herr Doktor, always a pleasure. May I introduce Albert Hunkemöller, he is now responsible for safety and security of these business negotiations.

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #62 on: 23 August 2014, 02:34:54 »
Showing up at dinner dressed for combat, Albert put down his rifle and sword on a spot not far from his seat at the table.

His reaction to Thorsten's presence stood in stark contrast with what most would have suspected from a man in military uniform. He didn't drop the loose mercenary act, but seemed to put in all effort to act more civilized and polite and appeared positively humbled shaking the dokter's hand. "It's an honor to meet you, Doktor Meier. I'm sure you gotta hear this all the time but can I just say I'm a great fan of your work! I gotta admit oncology isn't exactly my specialization, but..."
He turned to Minerva and 'explained'. "This man came up with the idea of preventing further carcinogenesis by surrounding the tumor with localized multikinase and angiogenesis inhibitors, then injecting it with phenazine trimethosulfate and XTT to enhance its growth and then using low-frequency holium: yttrium-aluminum-garnet micropulse lasers and microwaves to induce hyperthermia inside it; practically starving the cancer while forcing its cells to multiply, forcing it to devour itself..."
When she didn't seem to entirely understand what he was saying, he turned back to the doctor, still shaking his hand and now grasping it with a second.
"That was a work of genius, Doktor Meier. You saved more lives than anyone could ever hope to achieve."
« Last Edit: 23 August 2014, 03:54:40 by Xzylvador »

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #63 on: 27 August 2014, 15:16:12 »
Meier somehow became alarmed after Albert's description.

Minerva notices that due to her exceptional negotiation skill, Albert thanks to his psychology faculty

Yeeees ... yes that's me. It's a pity that all of this couldn't save the only person I couldn't loose. I'd give all of that to be somewhere elsewhere that night, or this night for that matter. And yet there I was, here I am on the same leash. Like you, right? he spoke a hard spelled English with an accent typical to people who speak German rather then English at home, but without any interjections.

He made an inviting gesture toward the table. Come on, let's eat before our master returns. You'll tell me about your specialty later. We need to entertain the lady. Before they moved however they noticed that Kelvin Horst and Sendic Henning were standing in the doors to the small library room behind them, and they're not sure for how long they're there. Both certainly could move quietly and the doors had to be well maintained to open that silently.

Rambling über die Vergangenheit bereits? I told you it's my fault. I'll respond zu Gott for that. You take care about my cancer meanwhile.

Thorsten bowed to him in a exaggerated servitude. Yes Kelvin, I'll take care about your cancer and if any Kurita mech drops by to kill you, I'll take my syringe and take care of him as well. I am but a care taker. Am I not?

Horst ignored him and sit by the table. Strangely enough he didn't sit at the head but on the first chair at the long side. Minerva (routine for her negotiations life) noticed immediately that the spot on the other side of the table was left empty. Henning sat on the other side but on the second chair followed by the sir Meier. Her own chair was to the Horst's right side followed by Abert's seat. Remaining ones were left empty.

Let's eat before I get too old to chew. Sendic told me that your men are installing additional sensors on the property.... gut, sehr gut. Do you have any other questions or ideas?

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #64 on: 27 August 2014, 16:00:53 »

Yeeees ... yes that's me. It's a pity that all of this couldn't save the only person I couldn't loose. I'd give all of that to be somewhere elsewhere that night, or this night for that matter. And yet there I was, here I am on the same leash. Like you, right? he spoke a hard spelled English with an accent typical to people who speak German rather then English at home, but without any interjections.

Minerva saw no reason to intervene with that musing going on. There was something fishy in this manor and she just could not put her finger on that pulse ... yet. She pondered for a short moment of lighting one of her long and thin cigarettes to buy time but decided against it. Instead the threw a bait to sea. "Herr Doktor, I have found that I am always facing the same question ... one of duty versus passion." She'd let him ponder that, hold it tightly inside him and then use it as an opening to dig deeper when they were alone.

Horst ignored him and sit by the table. Strangely enough he didn't sit at the head but on the first chair at the long side. Minerva (routine for her negotiations life) noticed immediately that the spot on the other side of the table was left empty. Henning sat on the other side but on the second chair followed by the sir Meier. Her own chair was to the Horst's right side followed by Abert's seat. Remaining ones were left empty.

Let's eat before I get too old to chew. Sendic told me that your men are installing additional sensors on the property.... gut, sehr gut. Do you have any other questions or ideas?

Minerva decided to continue all this in business most business-like manner and say something that all should agree on. She'd work out the good doctor later after she'd finish her digging deeper on the legal issues surrounding her host. Herr Horst, Gentlemen. According my sources the Combine embassy is not doing any kind of mobilization nor are there any major mercenary groups moving in area. Thus a large scale attack appears highly unlikely. Small scale sabotage and assassination appears far more likely endeavor so sensors should give us added security.

« Last Edit: 27 August 2014, 16:14:12 by Minerva »

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #65 on: 01 September 2014, 14:33:03 »
Minerva decided to continue all this in business most business-like manner and say something that all should agree on. She'd work out the good doctor later after she'd finish her digging deeper on the legal issues surrounding her host. Herr Horst, Gentlemen. According my sources the Combine embassy is not doing any kind of mobilization nor are there any major mercenary groups moving in area. Thus a large scale attack appears highly unlikely. Small scale sabotage and assassination appears far more likely endeavor so sensors should give us added security.

Ja, verstehen he nodded. I believe, that our LIC wouldn't be able to find their own asses using both hands.... I hope they will be able to point and fire a gun when needed.

Either way. I have a proposition to you Dame. I want you to accompany me tomorrow. I'll have some uses for the person like you. His skinny face was close, but he hadn't care to whisper.

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #66 on: 01 September 2014, 15:39:10 »
Ja, verstehen he nodded. I believe, that our LIC wouldn't be able to find their own asses using both hands.... I hope they will be able to point and fire a gun when needed.

Either way. I have a proposition to you Dame. I want you to accompany me tomorrow. I'll have some uses for the person like you. His skinny face was close, but he hadn't care to whisper.

I have utmost faith at the capability of Lyran Intelligence Corps to carry out successfully any and all paramilitary activities necessary to this operation. In her mind she did thought that such a test of arms would be very vexing to say the least.

Then Minerva moved her a bit backwards in her chair as Horst appeared to have accidentally lost his eyeball in her neckline. Of course, I'll go with you all the way to Tharkad. That is where all the interstellar business and politics seem to go these days. Her smile was thin but easily the broadest one she had done all day.

Netzgeist

• Recruit
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #67 on: 01 September 2014, 19:45:08 »
Need a help with that ones too?

Cha, said the voice in her head, almost automatically, and with a certain urgency. But the answer she gave was "Nein", in a more sensitive and casual tone than the one just herself heard. There were times when help was welcomed, but setting the inside sensors was something that would seem more sensible to make with the least number of hands and eyes.

"You've already helped enough, thanks. And there's a ratio for how many hands actually improve the work on small machinery, and we've strode dangerously close to it's limit, didn't we?" she jokes. "Nah, your attention did the trick. See you soon." That being said, she took the equipment and strolled towards the building west wing.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #68 on: 02 September 2014, 04:58:36 »
Minerva, Albert - perception rolls please -2 modifier for Minerva.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #69 on: 02 September 2014, 08:41:50 »
Sensor ops (2d6=5)
Sensor Operations    2 (3 - 1)             TN 7, SB

with a MoS of 0 there is nothing that your sensors have picked up.

After several circles, with a darkness coming up, Ono had landed on the helipad.

« Last Edit: 03 September 2014, 16:50:24 by sentinemodo »

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #70 on: 02 September 2014, 09:49:33 »

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #71 on: 03 September 2014, 16:49:52 »
Perception 3(3+0) 7 (2d6-2=6)

She almost missed it. Talking to the Mr. Horst she wasn't observing Doctor Meier, but then the short break in the medics conversation got her attention. At the sound of LIC involvement in this operation he froze in panic.

He managed to gather himself quickly and covered his lapse with a response to Albert's question that had much higher usage of difficult words but he wouldn't fool her. Doctor Meier certainly wasn't happy to be recognized and that there was LIC operation going on.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2014, 16:56:18 by sentinemodo »

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #72 on: 26 September 2014, 13:34:20 »
Albert sat almost frozen in his seat. He'd been somewhat taken aback by what he heard at the beginning of dinner and hadn't managed to get on top of the situation.

Horst had cancer. It made sense considering the doctor he was keeping close by, but why hadn't the LIC files mentioned something like this? Having a potentialy lethal disease could do much to change a person. Was this part of his host's motivation? Wanting to play a lead role in some sort of spy game in an attempt to bring meaning to a life that suddenly got more value and less time than he'd originally though? And what was that about mistakes and blame in the past?

But Kelvin Horst wasn't the only problem. What was it that had gotten the doctor spooked?

Things were being hidden from him, his team and the LIC. He had a duty to perform and he wasn't one to let himself be confined by mission parameters. Of course the mission objectives came first, but intelligence work was as much about picking up useful information wherever you went as it was about achieving a set objective.
Then why couldn't he respond? He tried speaking up several times but couldn't manage to make up his mind.

He'd read about this; heck he'd been warned about this by several of his therapists and had convinced them it wouldn't happen to him. At least he assumed so; why else would they have cleared him for active duty?
Yet here he was, Kommandant Albert Hunkemüller sitting at a fancy dinner table, dressed for battle and frozen in... fear? Panic? Anxiety? Regardless, it was too late now to subtly pick up on where the doctor first stumbled, too inappropriate to ask about the disease and he simply didn't have anything to confront either of them with, other than a gut feeling that something suddenly seemed fishy about his host's closest friend.

"Tharkad?", he finally managed to ask. "That's where you're taking this? Who are you meeting with and who knows about the meet?"

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #73 on: 26 September 2014, 15:47:08 »
She almost missed it. Talking to the Mr. Horst she wasn't observing Doctor Meier, but then the short break in the medics conversation got her attention. At the sound of LIC involvement in this operation he froze in panic.

He managed to gather himself quickly and covered his lapse with a response to Albert's question that had much higher usage of difficult words but he wouldn't fool her. Doctor Meier certainly wasn't happy to be recognized and that there was LIC operation going on.

Minerva was weighting her options. It seemed that a good doctor had a problem and it was time for her to turn on the knife a bit to provoke him to lose his nerves and similarly offer a way out to loosen his tongue now or perhaps later...

She talked to no on in particular but she kept one eye on doctor. With the horrible civil war over it is only natural that LIC is again sharpening its talons and rooting out those serving Marik agitators and dreaded Lord Kurita to kill and hurt people. However, I think that this should also be time of healing, especially to those who wish to come forwards and help Lyra to recover. Minerva looked her wine glass and then smiled apologetically. Silly me, after all isn't this a bit silly from my lips when we have a Herr Doktor Meier here who has probably done more good than we all have done in our lives and surely who wants always to do the right thing in the future...

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #74 on: 29 September 2014, 11:16:40 »
"Tharkad?", he finally managed to ask. "That's where you're taking this? Who are you meeting with and who knows about the meet?"

I never said I'm going to Tharkad. That's where everyone is thinking I'm going... Kelvin was obviously satisfied.

Minerva was weighting her options. It seemed that a good doctor had a problem and it was time for her to turn on the knife a bit to provoke him to lose his nerves and similarly offer a way out to loosen his tongue now or perhaps later...

She talked to no on in particular but she kept one eye on doctor. With the horrible civil war over it is only natural that LIC is again sharpening its talons and rooting out those serving Marik agitators and dreaded Lord Kurita to kill and hurt people. However, I think that this should also be time of healing, especially to those who wish to come forwards and help Lyra to recover. Minerva looked her wine glass and then smiled apologetically. Silly me, after all isn't this a bit silly from my lips when we have a Herr Doktor Meier here who has probably done more good than we all have done in our lives and surely who wants always to do the right thing in the future...

The panicked glance from Meier to Horst was a confirmation to your doubts. It seemed, that Meier didn't know about LIC involvement and there was enough cues for him to connect the dots. I ... yes, certainly...

To the Lyra then and her quick recover. Long live the Steiners und Verdammnis Feinde. Kelvin raised his cup in toast. Long live the Steiners! both Meier and Senning repeated. After the toast a silent question reached Minerva's ear. Which part of the word 'nobody' verstehe Sie nicht?. A bit surprised but trained enough not to let anything on her face she noticed Henning had fixed a stare on her.

The rest of the dinner passed on quickly and quietly. Both Kelvin and Meier retreated to their rooms.

The results of the computer search aren't ready yet.
I need you to tell me where you plan to spend your time until the morning, and where do you want Henning to be (I assume rest of the people goes as suggested by Dermot).

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #75 on: 29 September 2014, 13:35:09 »
Albert was relieved the dinner was over. The food had been good of course, but that was pretty much the only good thing he could say about it.
He'd noticed the slip of the tongue his female partner'd made but wasn't sure what to think of it. Technically it still could have been insinuation, but that was stretching things a bit...
Had Horst set her up? Lowereing her guard by inviting them to a dinner party, sitting down and drinking with 'trustees'... and then it was the old man himself who first mentioned LIC.
It didn't make much sense for Horst to want to set them up... but then again, the old man was obviously playing games. He'd also made a serious mistake not informing the LIC of his plans.
As much as Horst obviously disliked LAAF or LIC, he must understand they were the only ones interested in protecting them.

Comm @ Dermot: "Sarge, in what room is the doc staying?"

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #76 on: 29 September 2014, 14:24:48 »
Comm @ Dermot: "Sarge, in what room is the doc staying?"

He has the room next to the Horst quarters Doc.

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: 29 September 2014, 15:24:03 »
Minerva lit a cigarette to keep her feeling of hunger down. It helped with all the treats around her. Then it was time for business...

So. Any ideas how to proceed?

« Last Edit: 29 September 2014, 15:41:59 by Minerva »

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #78 on: 30 September 2014, 03:32:53 »
Albert got up and picked up the rifle he'd left standing against the doorpost.

He smirked and spoke loudly without dropping his merc act. "Difficult to say, ain't it? Kinda hard to make plans when the guy you're supposed to help out don't trust and misdirects the only ones trying to protect him. Heck, for all I know, he may be screwing them over too.
Don't get me wrong, secrecy can be a great way to get a little bit of safety... But when fending off a potential army; men, guns, mechs and air support are a heck of a lot better."

The merc shrugged his shoulders, using the gesture to move the straps of his heavy military backpack to a slightly less uncomfortable position. "Luckily I'm just a merc, eh? Hired to keep ya safe while staying here. Makes it easy, ya know. Wait for the enemy, then pull the trigger. If that's all I'm trusted with, I suppose that's all I'll be doin'. Ain't my life and reputation that's at stake here.", he said, eyes fixed on Horst.

Sent, does Dermot mean the room that's already part of Horst's Private quarters?" or the 'guest room' next to it that's got a door leading straight in?" If the second, that's where we set up one of the trip lines, right?
« Last Edit: 30 September 2014, 08:10:14 by Xzylvador »

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #79 on: 30 September 2014, 14:05:37 »
First she is threatening poor Dr. Meier with LIC investigation and now you imply I have somehow been screwing you.
You're both overstepping yourselves and you both seem to think that Klugscheißer Kommentare gets you over this. Do you know how many consulting companies have been here before stuffing me with their bullshit? "Oh, silly me" .... "Oh, I'm just a merc" ... Scheiße.

Zählen Sie, um zwei how many people were in the board room beside you? war Thorsten da? Now I have to explain him why LIC is here.

You know what you need to know, I don't have time to tell you story of my life. I expect you to follow orders soldier. That includes you too. Sie eine Frage stellen möchten? do it .... oh wait, you want to know why Thorsten didn't know.

Twenty years ago he had done something he shouldn't be caught at. Er bezahlt genug and it is nothing LIC should be poking into. But he is afraid of them coming to haunt him and look who came. I've learnt of you being LIC few hours ago and hadn't yet a chance to prepare him, thank you very much for making it harder. glücklich? Andere Frage?
« Last Edit: 30 September 2014, 14:22:04 by sentinemodo »

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #80 on: 30 September 2014, 16:03:43 »
"You want me to just follow orders?
I've been ordered to make sure both you and the package are safe until they go off-planet, because you said the package is important, LIC appears to agree and they sent my team here to make sure you're safe.
So why the hell have them believing Tharkad is your destination? They'll be ready for you there; if you go elsewhere, I can't guarantee your safety, nor can LIC.
But yeah, excuse me for caring about your life for more than the next couple of hours. You're right, that sure isn't in my orders. I shouldn't give a crap whether you make it to the end of the week or not and obviously you're very satisfied that you managed to point everyone to the wrong place.
But I'll be damned if me and my team give our everything protecting you here, only to have you killed and the package lost tomorrow on some other planet simply because you your allies in the wrong direction."
« Last Edit: 01 October 2014, 02:15:10 by Xzylvador »

Sichr

• Corporal
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA, ZMRDI!!!
« Reply #81 on: 30 September 2014, 17:06:52 »
Listening to tactical, Ono starts to like thath man.
He hadnt heard from  that mechanic fort a while, hopefully she had finished placement of sensors before she went to get some fun with local tech guy.
Seems there is nothing to be seen here in this woods, which makes Ono even less comfortable as if he found mech squad crawling amongst trees. He finished the circle and headed back on the base, ready to join the rest of the team there.
Don`t cry because it`s over. Smile because it happened!

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #82 on: 01 October 2014, 08:12:59 »
"You want me to just follow orders?
I've been ordered to make sure both you and the package are safe until they go off-planet, because you said the package is important, LIC appears to agree and they sent my team here to make sure you're safe.
So why the hell have them believing Tharkad is your destination? They'll be ready for you there; if you go elsewhere, I can't guarantee your safety, nor can LIC.
But yeah, excuse me for caring about your life for more than the next couple of hours. You're right, that sure isn't in my orders. I shouldn't give a crap whether you make it to the end of the week or not and obviously you're very satisfied that you managed to point everyone to the wrong place.
But I'll be damned if me and my team give our everything protecting you here, only to have you killed and the package lost tomorrow on some other planet simply because you your allies in the wrong direction."

He seemed to consider his options for a moment.
Okay. You want to make sure that the package is not lost and put to use for the good of the Lyran? Then go with me.

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #83 on: 01 October 2014, 09:13:57 »
Albert smiled. "Doesn't seem like I've got much choice in this case, so yes, I think that would be best... Where are we headed?
And by the way, would you be willing to put this on, at least just for the night? It probably won't be needed, but just in case... I like some redundancy in my security options."

He held out a small subvocal microphone in his hand. Matched with his voice, it was almost as if he were extending an olive branch.

sentinemodo

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #84 on: 01 October 2014, 14:45:44 »
I'll tell you destination tomorrow. I'll have this with myself, but I'll be turning it off during the evening.

Kelvin took the microphone, and walked out to his room.
For the next hour he periodically turned off the microphone and back on after several minutes.

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #85 on: 01 October 2014, 16:18:55 »
Albert sighed and looked at Minerva.
"Well, that went about as well as I expected. I think I'll go and have a talk with the doctor before heading to the security room... You should probably send a message to HQ about the change in plans; don't be too specific though, never know who's listening in... Thoughts?"

I'm a bit unsure about the exact use of a verigraph scanner/reader. It can be used to encrypt messages tied to DNA. Does that mean Albert needs the recipients DNA code or something to send it safely? If so, does he have that of an LIC (comm) officer handling this mission? If so, he'll give Minerva the verigraph to encrypt her message.

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #86 on: 02 October 2014, 03:27:05 »
Albert sighed and looked at Minerva.
"Well, that went about as well as I expected. I think I'll go and have a talk with the doctor before heading to the security room... You should probably send a message to HQ about the change in plans; don't be too specific though, never know who's listening in... Thoughts?"

I'm a bit unsure about the exact use of a verigraph scanner/reader. It can be used to encrypt messages tied to DNA. Does that mean Albert needs the recipients DNA code or something to send it safely? If so, does he have that of an LIC (comm) officer handling this mission? If so, he'll give Minerva the verigraph to encrypt her message.

Minerva waves her left hand a bit at first as if to clear the stench of testosterone from the air...

Her voice is as clear and cold as the mountain winds of Tharkad, "First, I accompany you as you go to meet doctor. He is obviously close to cracking and we need to exploit it now. The message will need to wait until that but security is no problem."

"He has done something criminal in past, perhaps two decades ago related to his profession ... and I believe to his wife. Since this household knows it, they may have blackmailed or shielded him."

"I suggest following tactics: First priority, I am worried about about his nerves and convinced you to accompany us. Then we ask him to tell us all. If he complies we turn the talk to household affairs on word "Tamar" said by you or me. Second priority if first one does not work, you talk about Oath of Hippochrates and use it to twist him further. Then I talk about his late wife until he breaks down or we switch turns by word "Skye" and use "Tamar" to switch when he breaks down. "

Then Minerva walks to Henning's plate and dumps her cigarette to it to leave impression to servants that Henning is such a uncouth pig that he doesn't know how to use an ashtray. Serves you right! And to think I was actually planning of going out with you! ARGH!

Minerva turns her eyes to go through the assorted collection of LIC paramilitary personnel. "Thoughts?"

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #87 on: 02 October 2014, 04:00:37 »
Albert groaned. "My thoughts?
I was going to try to calm the man, make sure he stays in his room and maybe find out if Horst isn't going to drop dead because of his disease while we're on road to wherever we're headed!
I'm working under orders here and I thought you were too.
My first, second and third priority are making sure Horst and the package reach HQ safe and sound.  I don't see how 'cracking' the man's oncologist and best friend -just to find out about something that may or may not have happened to his wife 20 years ago- is going to help us do that, especially not after already upsetting both him and our VIP just a few of minutes ago."

Civilians! A rich blue-blooded girl playing spygames for kicks and thrills...

Minerva

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #88 on: 02 October 2014, 06:39:13 »
Albert groaned. "My thoughts?
I was going to try to calm the man, make sure he stays in his room and maybe find out if Horst isn't going to drop dead because of his disease while we're on road to wherever we're headed!
I'm working under orders here and I thought you were too.
My first, second and third priority are making sure Horst and the package reach HQ safe and sound.  I don't see how 'cracking' the man's oncologist and best friend -just to find out about something that may or may not have happened to his wife 20 years ago- is going to help us do that, especially not after already upsetting both him and our VIP just a few of minutes ago."

Minerva had never expected that as an answer. It is like he is ... Could it be that he is empathetic? Oh Dear God, I hope he is not a closet democratic next! Her eyes blinked.

I think it is time to look at the big picture here. Horst is playing games and I see his doctor as an opening to know more what he and his assistant are really doing. Horst was also related to Kurita intelligence operation where they gained sensitive data concerning infrastructure of this planet. If getting to the bottom of it requires talking over one man, I see it well worth it.

If you do not see it that way, I will acknowledge that. What then do you wish me to do then for tonight?

Xzylvador

• Corporal
« Reply #89 on: 03 October 2014, 02:12:31 »
"Big pictures aren't my concern; safety is.
When shit hits the fan, I need these people to duck when I say duck and to run when I say run, without hesitation, and that can only happen if they trust me. Tightening the screws on them over something that might have nothing to do with this mission isn't going to win me that trust."

Albert pinched the bridge of his nose and squeezed his eyes shut.
"You want to dig deeper, be my guest and follow the data trails. But don't do so by jeopardizing this operation.
We've already annoyed Horst, but that managed to get us on his ride to wherever he's headed, keeping us close to him and the data. That helps us.
Upsetting him further might change his mind and then we'll have no control over what happens next.
So for now, I'd suggest you do what you need to do, but keep your head low, your gun close and be ready to move on a moment's notice. We've got more immediate things to worry about.
Update LIC, tell 'em the VIP has a different destination but that we'll be accompanying him. Brief them on the other stuff you found too, if you think it's important. If they agree, I'm sure they'll investigate further and maybe have something to share with you."

Comms @team: "Give me an update, what's your status?"

Albert started walking out but stopped and turned around. "And by the way, this doesn't mean I don't agree with you. Horst is playing games, I'm just not sure against who. If it's us, you know the old addage. Keep your friends close..."
He then continued his way, went up the stairs and knocked on the doctor's door. "Doctor Meier. It's Albert. I'd like to talk with you about some security concerns for this evening.", he said through the door.
The doctor had been spooked enough to worry about Minerva's potential involvement with LIC, but Albert hoped he'd managed to keep himself distanced from her enough for that not to reflect on him too.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2014, 03:25:32 by Xzylvador »

Register