Author Topic: Do too many IS leaders die of old age?  (Read 13314 times)

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Re: Do too many IS leaders die of old age?
« Reply #30 on: 07 February 2011, 12:19:00 »
Besides, the true assassin was that last batch of curly fries. Without it, he'd have survived that little combat. Nobody can escape the wrath of trans-fat! [drool]
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Gracus

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 07 February 2011, 23:10:27 »
And if you think that's funny, consider the number of women who have ruled relative to the number of men, particularly in societies where gender equality is considered the norm.
Your stupid little opinion has been duly noted.

No. Shut up. And... *kicks you in the crotch*
Better?  Wink
- Herb

“Did you hear that?”
—Leonus Gracus, Mayor of Tripolus, 100km outside Nova Roma, 6 June 3071

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #32 on: 08 February 2011, 20:44:14 »
Besides, the true assassin was that last batch of curly fries. Without it, he'd have survived that little combat. Nobody can escape the wrath of trans-fat! [drool]

And it's scarier when you consider that a bunch of the fast food chains are owned by the same people.  By the time Victor bites it, do you know who controls the galactic supply of trans-fat?

That's right.  The WOBBIES and their Tanite Brain Slug allies!
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Nebfer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 08 February 2011, 21:54:18 »
And if you think that's funny, consider the number of women who have ruled relative to the number of men, particularly in societies where gender equality is considered the norm.

Well the Steiners had 11 out of some 30 rulers being female, The Davions only had 5.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #34 on: 08 February 2011, 22:02:05 »
Opinions on gender equality also have less influence where leadership is inherited.  Not Andrew Davion's fault he had no legitimate daughters, to use one example.  (ok, so scientifically, it is his fault, but the IS doesn't seem to use in vitro techniques to select for gender or anything, so...)
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

haesslich

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: 09 February 2011, 01:20:38 »
As I recall, the Kuritan Coordinators have the longest average life span among all the Great Houses' leaders. Maybe it's because of the Japanese food or something.

I thought it was because they killed the competition, or at least did so after the Von Rohrs interruption.  FWL's issues, along with the Davions' problems, stemmed from competition from rivals within their own clans or in the power structure.

OverKill

• Lieutenant
  • Marauder MAD-3D "Guan-Yu"
« Reply #36 on: 11 February 2011, 12:44:58 »
I half agree with this. They die darn young. Hanse Davion died in his what, 50s or 60s? on a planet where the average lifespan was probably about 120. Theodore also died quite young. Really, it's like they don't have time for regular checkups.

LOL "It's the 31st Century but yeah, our cholesterol is so damn good that we don't do routine checkups!"

I think the stress get's them. I mean at EVERY SINGLE DAMN TURN someone is gunning for you. Whether it's your brother trying to wrest the Federated Suns from you or some assassin from the AFFS trying to pick you off or the rest of your family is insane and you are try to survive will your 21st birthday.
Colonel Mason Grimm
Grimm Reaper Company (Grimm's Reapers)
Piloting: Marauder MAD-3D - Guan-Yu
We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye!