Author Topic: Kuritan tattoo's  (Read 2896 times)

bloodymanuel

• Recruit
Kuritan tattoo's
« on: 28 January 2011, 21:22:36 »
Does anyone know what the public perception of tattoo's is in the DC?
I know that the yakuza are big on them.  What I want to know is whether people associate tattoo's with criminal activity.

In the real world, the Japanese tend to make that association, but the public sentiment seems to be moving toword acceptance of them.  The other reason I think they might be ok with them is because in feudal Japan tattoo's were very popular and not limited to criminals, it was only when Japan started doing business with the rest of the world that they changed their stance.

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Kuritan tattoo's
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2011, 05:18:07 »
I don't think there's anything specifically stated (or atleast nothing that I can recall). I can however see the public perception of tattoos depending heavily on who is viewing them.

Staunch traditionalists may view any tattoo as a bad thing, where as the more liberal Kuritan might have no problem with them. With the revealing of the Ghost Regiments, and the part that they've played since the War of 3039, I can see a wave or two or three of people getting them, perhaps in a form of defiant counter culture.

There's also the question on if people can tell the difference between a Yakuza tattoo and a 'normal' tattoo. Would a person react the same way to a fully body tattoo as they would to a tattoo of a `Mech company logo on the shoulder? Probably not.

So like many things in the Kuritan culture, the answer probably heavily depends on who is doing the looking.

Register