Author Topic: Favorite Character (from the faction you can't stand)  (Read 16747 times)

Phalanx

• Corporal
Favorite Character (from the faction you can't stand)
« on: 29 January 2011, 21:39:21 »
Topic says it all.

Steiner-Archer Christifori:He feels so real and he's not part of the nobility or even buddies with nobility(like EVERYONE else in Battletech).He has a "real soldier" feel to his character.

Davion-James Sandoval:For realizing who the TRUE enemies of his nation were, and not following on Victor's little "Down with Katrina" parade.

Liao-ummm.I'll get back to you

Marik-???

Mercenary-Jamie Wolf:Why? Because he's awesome.

Statesman:  Our Warlord.

Warlord:  Your Statesman.

-Liaofan

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
Re: Favorite Character (from the faction you can't stand)
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2011, 21:41:12 »
Clan Jade Falcon-Aiden Pryde: For a Clanner, he's a brilliant tactician and one helluva mechwarrior.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2011, 21:45:48 »
RotS - Ezekiel Crow, aka Daniel Peterson.  Forever trying to do the right thing and epically failing every time.  Gotta love a tragic optimist.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
« Reply #3 on: 29 January 2011, 21:51:24 »
I don't like Clan Wolf, but Katrina Steiner-Davion is pretty cool.

I used to not like House Davion, but I've come to accept Hanse is the man.

That's about it. I like every faction to one extent or another. There really aren't any I can't stand.

Traecer Revenant

• Master Sergeant
  • Speak softly & Carry a Large Gauss Rifle
« Reply #4 on: 29 January 2011, 21:57:51 »
Liao - Sun-Tzu Liao.  When he was introduced in the Blood of Kerensky series he appeared to be an absolute idiot.  But later you realize he was actually very cunning and always had a plan to benefit himself (and the Confederation).  Everything he did from the time he became Chancellor to the Jihad he seems to have carefully calculated and planned.  I don't like him or his faction, but his cunning and deviousness is worthy of respect, and helped rebuild the Capellan Confederation.

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 29 January 2011, 22:55:32 »
Ardan Sortek, pilots a Victor an awesome Mech! Was Hanses right hand man.

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 29 January 2011, 23:02:58 »
It's pretty well known 'round these parts that I'm a CapMarch FedSuns guy.  Now, as much as I'd like to focus more on the Taurians sometimes (Because it's always a good idea to remove a thorn in your side before you face down a credible threat) enemy #1 is the CapCon.  That said, I gotta say I really like Ion Rush.  He really seems like he's trying to do right by the Capellan people, and if I were a Capellan Citizen, I'd be more a fan of his way than Candace's.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #7 on: 29 January 2011, 23:08:21 »
You know, I used to hate Sun Tzu Liao, now I still hate the bum but I respect him.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #8 on: 29 January 2011, 23:30:18 »
I guess my favorite Drac character is Uncle Chandy, because he's such a clever old cheshire cat!

I don't really hate the Federated Suns, I actually like it quite a bit, but I'm going to give props to George Hasek anyway, just for being the only character from the Federated Suns since 3052 with a lick of sense about anything. 

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #9 on: 29 January 2011, 23:31:31 »
I don't hate any nation, but as a FedSunner, I'll go with the traditional enemies:
Dracs: Minobu Tetsuhara. No explanation needed.
CapCon: Justin Xiang. Just kidding, Sun Tzu. You can't trust him, but you gotta respect him.
Maker of big things.

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 30 January 2011, 00:22:00 »
Dracs: Yorinage Kurita, and elite ranked warhammer pilot. I need not say more.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 30 January 2011, 00:36:36 »
i don't really not like any faction in particular but if i had to choose on it would be the RotS, and i always thought mason dunne was pretty cool
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #12 on: 30 January 2011, 01:25:09 »
I'm going to ignore the "from the faction you can't stand" portion of the thread's title... since I feel such distinctions do not apply to me because there aren't any factions in BT that I cannot stand.

But my favourite character, and I'll gladly proclaim for her, regardless of the raised eyebrows and curious virtual stares this will likely entail... is Kali Liao.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

Batman

• Warrant Officer
  • You have the ability to instill great fear
« Reply #13 on: 30 January 2011, 02:26:02 »
Atomic Annie.

Oh, and...

Tor Miraborg.

Mystic

• Sergeant
  • AKA that RJ Thomas dude
« Reply #14 on: 30 January 2011, 02:44:09 »
Melvena Hazen. I hate her, she is Bat-schnit crazy, goes against everything clan, and is nothing more than another insane dictator with delusions of grandure. That being said, she is the character I LOVE to hate. She is the kind of villian I can't wait to see get what's coming, but not before reaking serious havoc.
"Close air support covers a multitude of sins" - Schlock Mercenary

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #15 on: 30 January 2011, 04:11:40 »
Hmm.  From factions I don't like?  Well, I suppose Ares Sung stands out.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Shirotora

• Corporal
« Reply #16 on: 30 January 2011, 04:32:04 »
This one is easy. Horse from the Jade Falcons. Though I loathe the Thurston novels I do like this character, especially when he and Joanna butt heads (and other body parts  ;) ).
Tae-I Kenjiro Amundsen
GHR-6X Grasshopper

RAE

• Sergeant
  • Capellan Confederation: Deadly Stylish
« Reply #17 on: 30 January 2011, 04:55:52 »
Well, I don't really dislike any factions in the Battletech universe and almost each and every one of them has a character that I like, so I'll name characters from the Free Worlds League and Federated Suns, the traditional enemies of my favourite Successor House (and I have to admit that I, actually, quite enjoy playing for and reading about both of them and consider myself a latent FWL\Regulan fan):

Jackson Davion and Titus Cameron-Johns.

Granted, the latter got much less screentime than the former, but I like how he started as a pacifistic prodigal son of the Cameron-Johns clan and turned into a ruthless nuke-tossing militaristic leader after a personal tragedy shattered his family life.

As for Jackson, I admire his loyalty to the Suns and his illustrious service that remained so no matter who was at helm on New Avalon.

"Everything falls if it gets hit hard enough. I'll just have to make sure it don't get up again"
- Marcus Barton, Colonel, 2nd MAC

Batman

• Warrant Officer
  • You have the ability to instill great fear
« Reply #18 on: 30 January 2011, 05:07:16 »
Oh yeah, and Captain Gray Stevens and Michael Hasek...

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #19 on: 30 January 2011, 07:17:03 »
Rafe Kardaan - can't stand religious factions, but despite that he nearly sold me the Cobras.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Stormcrow

• Major
  • Art by Shimmering Sword
« Reply #20 on: 30 January 2011, 10:09:18 »
Tormano Liao without question.
Commandant Otto Maurus, ARWH-1Z ArcHammer, Maurus' Minutemen
Captain Obadiah Sykes, OSR-5FCR Ostroc, Second Filtvelt Citizens Militia

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. - Confucius
Noli Timure Messorem
May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. - Voltaire
Wielder of the Ferro-Carbide Bat of DOOM™

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #21 on: 30 January 2011, 11:57:29 »
FedSuns- Jackson Davion and Simon Gallagher for their parts in the Civil War

CapCon- Talon Zahn and the Greatwyrm (merc, but even he admited Hell's Black Aces were Cappies by the end).

Wolf's Dragoons- Elson Novacat Dechan Frazer
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 30 January 2011, 13:45:25 »
Despite coming from the hated Steel Vipers, the former Khan Natalie Breen is a favourite from her small appearance in Falcon Rising.

I wouldn't say I like him, but I do feel bad for him (It's like whenever I watch sports; I always feel bad for the losing team, and kinda wish that they could win, even if I'm cheering for their opponent). Khan Asa Taney of Clan Ice Hellion is that person. I don't particularly like him, but I do feel bad. And his faction is unbearable, too.

Doug Glendower

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • I really am bad at letting go.
« Reply #23 on: 30 January 2011, 14:04:22 »
Minobu Tesuhara, Theodore Kurita, and Chandrasekar Kurita are all cool characters. I pity Aris Sung for having to serve with House Bad Pun.

E. Icaza

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 30 January 2011, 22:07:34 »
I like Morgan Kell, but I hate the Kell Hounds.

I liked Jaime Wolf and Natasha Kerensky, but I hate both the Wolf's Dragoons and both Wolf Clans (most especially the WiE).
The Clans: the Star League the Inner Sphere deserves, not the one it needs.

Doug Glendower

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • I really am bad at letting go.
« Reply #25 on: 30 January 2011, 23:27:22 »
See, I'd like the Dragoons if it wasn't for Jaime Wolf.

Lord Cameron

• Patron Saint of GenCon Goodies
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: 31 January 2011, 02:33:19 »
I don't really hate the Federated Suns, I actually like it quite a bit, but I'm going to give props to George Hasek anyway, just for being the only character from the Federated Suns since 3052 with a lick of sense about anything.

Amen to that, I'll vote for George too.
Agent #395, West Coast CDT Lead

Mystic

• Sergeant
  • AKA that RJ Thomas dude
« Reply #27 on: 31 January 2011, 08:52:06 »
Minobu Tesuhara, Theodore Kurita, and Chandrasekar Kurita are all cool characters. I pity Aris Sung for having to serve with House Bad Pun.

I'll also give props to Tetsuhara-san. Top of the VERY short list of characters from the DCMS I can stomach. Actually, if more were like him, I would likely be a Drac myself.
"Close air support covers a multitude of sins" - Schlock Mercenary

Lore

• Captain
  • The ONE and ONLY Doom.
« Reply #28 on: 31 January 2011, 09:03:19 »
Amen to that, I'll vote for George too.

I've *wanted* to like Gorgeous George. But it's poor, maligned Michael Hasek-Davion that always gets my vote from the Hasek-clan.
Wielder of the Dao of Sarnese Fiat. Member of the Capellan Holy Trinity. Holder of the 10 celestial point record in the "Little Black Book of Cappiedom." This community's ONLY truly devout Kali Liao-fan.

RGCavScout

• Master Sergeant
  • We are the Brute Squad!
« Reply #29 on: 31 January 2011, 11:54:15 »
I don't hate the Cappies; but they are the opponents of the Federated Suns.

I have to give it up for Sun Tzu Liao.  He brought the Confederation back in a big way, always thought ahead, had backup and contingency plans, and has rarely missed an opportunity to exploit the weakness of an enemy and advance the cause of the Capellan State.  Even if you do not like him (especially  if you do not like him) you do have to respect him and all that he has accomplished. 

Xin Sheng like a mofo baby!!

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."  Dread Pirate Roberts

Register