Author Topic: 2011-03-21 Ship Profile: FSS Gray Paladin [BattleCorps Exclusive]  (Read 2643 times)

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
A Federated Suns intelligence DropShip

Craig Reed shows us one of the tools Hanse Davion used to accomplish Operation Rat

ShockaTime

• Captain
I liked this one, a really creative idea!

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
I thought it was a really neat touch that three crew members shared an interest in Blind Chess.  I like regular Chess, but Blind Chess sounds extraordinarily difficult.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Daishi411

• Captain
i think this might be the most interesting one yet as far as the characters go. good work.
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
I thought it was a really neat touch that three crew members shared an interest in Blind Chess.  I like regular Chess, but Blind Chess sounds extraordinarily difficult.

Blind Chess is playing without a chess set -- the players have to maintain the position in their heads, so, yes, it's very difficult.... ;)

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Exactly.  Keeping track of 32 pieces on a 64 square board?  I and here I thought doing algebra in my head was hard.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Midnightsun

• Corporal
Loving the ship profiles.  Makes me want to play Aerotech again.