Author Topic: (Answered) CO - Special Features & Occupancy  (Read 2430 times)

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
(Answered) CO - Special Features & Occupancy
« on: 31 October 2017, 21:32:17 »
Results on the table are generated by rolling 2D6. If the result is 8 or higher, then roll 2D6 on the Special Features Table, modified as follows by the Habitability Modifier from the Primary Stats Table: –4 for ice giants, gas giants, and giant terrestrials with gas giant-type atmospheres; –3 for giant terrestrials with terrestrial but uninhabitable atmospheres; and –2 for dwarf terrestrials.

That wording is confusing.  Am I supposed to use the habitability modifier from the planets star off the primary stats table or "only" apply that (-4), (-3), or (-2) for the planet type?

"modified as follows by the Habitability Modifier from the Primary Stats Table: –4 for ice giants,....."  Is the confusing part.
(realizes this is probably more for Cray but the CO errata post is more than 90 days old and thought this seemed like the appropriate board to ask the question) Am working on coding this for MekHQ.
« Last Edit: 02 November 2017, 23:17:55 by Xotl »

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
Re: Campaign Operations: Special Features & Occupancy
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2017, 15:29:46 »
That wording is confusing.  Am I supposed to use the habitability modifier from the planets star off the primary stats table or "only" apply that (-4), (-3), or (-2) for the planet type?

I only had to dig back to the 2008 drafts to figure out what I was thinking here. :) Something's been lost in subsequent edits. The wording and punctuation were originally:

Results on the table are generated by rolling 2d6 and adding the following modifiers: the Inhabitability Modifer [sic] from the Primary Stats table; -4 for Ice Giants and Gas Giants, and Terrestrial Giants with gas giant-type atmospheres; -3 for Terrestrial Giants with terrestrial but uninhabitable atmospheres; and -2 for dwarf planets.

So, the intent was to add the (currently named) Habitability Modifier to the special modifiers of that paragraph. I'll get that posted in errata: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=53442.0

(realizes this is probably more for Cray but the CO errata post is more than 90 days old and thought this seemed like the appropriate board to ask the question) Am working on coding this for MekHQ.

Sorry, I missed the post in errata. I spot usually questions in the Game Rules Questions forums, though.
« Last Edit: 01 November 2017, 15:36:02 by cray »
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
Re: Campaign Operations: Special Features & Occupancy
« Reply #2 on: 01 November 2017, 15:59:13 »
Ah, ok thats what I did last night since it made more sense.  Thank you.  And yeah I didnt post in the errata thread since it has been dead for so long.  Some forums bite your head off for doing that.

Register