Author Topic: Forum theme question  (Read 2758 times)

deathfrombeyond

• Lieutenant
  • The fuel that powers the Successor States
Forum theme question
« on: 26 January 2011, 13:45:08 »
Just wanted to know what the ETA is for when the "classic" forum theme will become available, or if there is an ETA at all?

Currently, of the three themes that are available, none seem to be even close to the "classic".
If House Kurita is a punching bag, at least it's the weeble-wobble type that punches back. House Liao's like a speed bag that just hangs there and takes it. - Neko Bijin

deathshadow

• Lieutenant
  • Special Tasks Group
    • Cut Code Down - Minimalist Semantic Markup
Re: Forum theme question
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2011, 18:23:51 »
A total warfare theme should arrive sometime this weekend -- the alternative themes based on that should arrive during the following week.

No guarantees on that timetable though -- SMF 2 skins are different from SMF 1, and I also have to be careful not to cripple any of the new functionality since I'm not just throwing CSS at it, I'm also revising the underlying HTML and PHP to be faster and use less bandwidth.
Death will take those who fight alone.
But united we can break a fate once set in stone.

CUTCODEDOWN.COM

deathfrombeyond

• Lieutenant
  • The fuel that powers the Successor States
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2011, 19:21:34 »
Ah yes.

"Total Warfare theme" was the term I was looking for.
If House Kurita is a punching bag, at least it's the weeble-wobble type that punches back. House Liao's like a speed bag that just hangs there and takes it. - Neko Bijin

Face

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2011, 20:54:50 »
Themes? Holy cow, I've been here a few years and don't think I knew we even HAD themes before! Did we have themes before?
Quote from: Darzoni
A Mad Cat, honey, is what happens when a Marauder and Catapult love each other very much.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2011, 21:27:40 »
Yes.

Face

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2011, 21:49:57 »
I'm so ashamed of my ignorance...  :'(
Quote from: Darzoni
A Mad Cat, honey, is what happens when a Marauder and Catapult love each other very much.

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #6 on: 26 January 2011, 23:27:35 »
Dark!  Please god bring back a dark theme, like the old Classic theme.  This bright stuff is killing me!   #P

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: 27 January 2011, 02:15:30 »
Is there a Clan theme?  That would be really awesome.

If not, I can roll with the normal one.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
  • Justice will be delicious!!!
« Reply #8 on: 27 January 2011, 12:47:23 »
I notice SMF 2 has moved to a fixed height for code blocks, any chance we can be rid of that? Or are we stuck with it...

Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
Weirdo: Sounds like the proper reaction to a Macross Cannon to me.
Quote from: Weirdo
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
  • Better and calmer than you
« Reply #9 on: 28 January 2011, 00:32:14 »
Dark!  Please God bring back a dark theme, like the old Classic theme.  This bright stuff is killing me!   #P

QFT
Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

Register