Author Topic: Question and input desired please  (Read 1390 times)

bblaney

• Lieutenant
Question and input desired please
« on: 01 October 2015, 07:44:14 »
I am making a AToW character that is an Aerospace Pilot and more specifically part of a House's Black Navy.

The squadron's primary focus is interception, would you go for NA: Gunnery or NA: Piloting??

I am leaning Piloting to make it easier to get on someone's butt and stay there, as there are less modifiers in space to hit.

Thoughts?????
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
Re: Question and input desired please
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2015, 09:02:33 »
Interception, honestly I'd say gunnery and here's why.
Piloting is nice, but it doesn't do anything for speed. Also, based on what I remember, there's not that many PSR except for damage rolls and the like in space.
However gunnery will allow you better chances at crippling the enemy.

An inventive GM could say "sure do some crazy barrel roll to get out of a tight spot, Piloting roll please."
But based on just how the books play it out for space battles, gunnery would be my priority at least.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Ferrit

• Corporal
Re: Question and input desired please
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2015, 09:23:19 »
It might be wise to also have a flick through the Pilot Special Abilities and see if NA:either is a prerequisite for something fun.

Register