Author Topic: Paint Inventory Apps?  (Read 2195 times)

greasyspoon

• Corporal
Paint Inventory Apps?
« on: 09 February 2017, 12:10:59 »
Does anyone know of a paint Inventory App for iOS or a web interface?  I keep a text list of all my paints and the number of bottles I have in a txt file on drop box so if go to the store I can glance at to make sure I am not doubling up.  It works and not hard to deal with but I was wondering if there was an App that made it a bit easier or even better list similar colors for you have.  I know that one is a stretch.  Just wonder what you use to track your paints?

scatcat

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Paint Inventory Apps?
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2017, 12:29:07 »
It's not paint specific, but I use an Intelliscanner Mini at home for insurance purposes. Their Windows software is barebones, but functional. I don't have first hand experience with their Mac software.

greasyspoon

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 09 February 2017, 17:41:35 »
Pokeing around the App Store and I found iModelkit free.  The free version doesn't do what I need but it looks like the pay version does.  Its 10$ so I wonder if it is worth it.  It seems to have a inventory software, project list and color converter (brands).  Looks ok but is worth 2-3 bottles of paint, when my dropbox version works.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #3 on: 09 February 2017, 17:52:21 »
Easy version for keeping reminder files up to date and mobile friendly: OneNote.

I believe OneNote is free and you can sync your notebooks with multiple sharing services. I do have a OneDrive subscription so that works for me, but MS Office for iOS will work with several other services, including DropBox. It's what I use for things like shopping lists, auto bill pay lists, inventories of certain things like games, recipes, and random notes. It would work a treat with a paint list.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 09 February 2017, 23:21:17 »
I just take picture of what I have and browse them on my dropbox.

The problem with any solution is remembering to keep it up to date. :P

Charlemagne

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor is Bulletproof
« Reply #5 on: 11 February 2017, 18:08:49 »
I just made a list in my cell of all the paints I have listed by manufacturer.

Now if I could only remember to check it before buying more paints...
Honor is Bulletproof

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
Jim Williamson - CDT Agent #206
NJ, USA

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.